• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forced pregnancy is enslavement.[W:607]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removing a tumor does not result in the death of a human. Abortion does. Every time.

-AJF

No, it doesn't. And the point remains. Consent to one activity is NOT agreeing to seek remedy should it result in something undesirable.

Re: I'm not pro-slavery. Are You?

Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
No one is saying pregnancy is a cakewalk...just that it's short.

3/4 of a year is not "short".

Especially when you add recovery time, that pushes the time sacrifice to well over a year.

Especially when you add recovery time, that pushes the time sacrifice to well over a year.

And that is not counting the 18 years of sacrificing after birth ;), the sleepless nights, the bags under the eyes, the sore breasts (if breast feeding), the worrying yourself silly, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:

Not saying it's even common enough to be statistically relevant. Maybe only one or two women in the whole country would play this sick game. I think it's pretty certain that in a country of 350 million people, half women, there is *somebody* demented enough to get off by it.

The point is not that it's a huge problem on a national level...the point is, you support their right to do so. Each of you pro-aborts supports the right of women to knowingly kill their unborn children for *any reason* whatsoever. Fun and sexual gratification might be such a reason for the right - or wrong - woman.

How about another, more realistic possibility...would you support a woman's right to have an abortion *specifically* for the reason of hurting her baby daddy?

-AJF

Supporting the right to have an abortion does not mean we pro choicers have to agree with every reason a woman may have. I support the right to smoke, but I think it's a dirty, filthy habit that nobody should partake of.

My mind was made up ages ago.

Oh, that I believe.

Here is what my mind/knowledge says

This ought to be good. Of course, you can't "know" something that is false.

saying that a zygote should have equal rights is morally and legally hogwash, it would violate the rights of the only person/actual human being in this issue, the woman

You have a clear lack of knowledge of the fact that a human being is killed in every elective abortion.

2. abortion is not the killing of innocent humans, it is the aborting of early ZEF's

Irrational hatred is not knowledge.

3. abortion is a constitutional right for women

You have clearly not read the Constitution.

4. whether or not someone get's an abortion is none of our business.

Well, that's the only thing you've said which isn't objectively false, as it's an opinion.

I think victimless actions are none of my business. Abortion is not victimless; the only way to consider it such is to hate the victim so much that you disregard them, as you and your peers do.

I will never say all pro-lifers are religious

Perhaps you didn't get it the first time, but I don't care about your off-topic opinion about religion. It has nothing to do with anything being discussed.

Moderator's Warning:
Keep talking about other posters instead of the OP, and you'll be gigged and thread banned.

I'm sorry for the poor girl. It sounds like mom seriously needs some profession help to get over her issues, meanwhile it sounds like she harming the girl emotionally at the very least. Is there anyone else close to the mom who might be able to help her see what is happening?

Sadly no. :(

Abortion is murder...bottom line

Nope. It's a perfectly legal medical procedure. Bottom line.

Re: Forced pregnancy is enslavement.

Oh, that I believe.

Well, you should.

This ought to be good. Of course, you can't "know" something that is false.

Yes, it is very good, factual, reasonably objective defense of women's rights regarding reproductive rights.

You have a clear lack of knowledge of the fact that a human being is killed in every elective abortion.

I know exactly what happens during abortion, the gestational process of a ZEF is ended which means that it cannot get the necessary blood/energy provided to it which ends all growth totally.

That is not killing a human being, you may feel that it is but that does not mean that this opinion is accurate (at all).

Irrational hatred is not knowledge.

You have clearly not read the Constitution.

And you clearly just disagree with the constitution:

A state criminal abortion statute of the current Texas type, that excepts from criminality only a lifesaving procedure on behalf of the mother, without regard to pregnancy stage and without recognition of the other interests involved, is violative of the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

Holding and Rule (Blackmun)

Yes. State criminal abortion laws that except from criminality only life-saving procedures on the mother’s behalf, and that do not take into consideration the stage of pregnancy and other interests, are unconstitutional for violating the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

Yes. The Due Process Clause protects the right to privacy, including a woman’s right to terminate her pregnancy, against state action.

Yes. Though a state cannot completely deny a woman the right to terminate her pregnancy, it has legitimate interests in protecting both the pregnant woman’s health and the potentiality of human life at various stages of pregnancy.

"In a Constitution for a free people, there can be no doubt that the meaning of ‘liberty' must be broad indeed. The Constitution nowhere mentions a specific right of personal choice in matters of marriage and family life, but the "liberty" protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment covers more than those freedoms explicitly named in the Bill of Rights."

"The full scope of the liberty guaranteed by the Due Process Clause cannot be found in or limited by the precise terms of the specific guarantees elsewhere provided in the Constitution. This "liberty" is not a series of isolated points pricked out in terms of the taking of property; the freedom of speech, press, and religion; the right to keep and bear arms; the freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures; and so on. It is a rational continuum which, broadly speaking, includes a freedom from all substantial arbitrary impositions and purposeless restraints . . . and which also recognizes, what a reasonable and sensitive judgment must, that certain interests require particularly careful scrutiny of the state needs asserted to justify their abridgment."

"Several decisions of this Court make clear that freedom of personal choice in matters of marriage and family life is one of the liberties protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1, 12; Griswold v. Connecticut, supra; Pierce v. Society of Sisters, supra; Meyer v. Nebraska, supra. See also Prince v. Massachusetts, 321 U.S. 158, 166; Skinner v. Oklahoma, 316 U.S. 535, 541. As recently as last Term, in Eisenstadt v. Baird, 405 U.S. 438, 453, we recognized

the right of the individual, married or single, to be free from unwarranted governmental intrusion into matters so fundamentally affecting a person [p170] as the decision whether to bear or beget a child.

That right necessarily includes the right of a woman to decide whether or not to terminate her pregnancy."

All of these opinions clearly say that the right to choose abortion is protected under the constitution.

Well, that's the only thing you've said which isn't objectively false, as it's an opinion.

I think victimless actions are none of my business. Abortion is not victimless; the only way to consider it such is to hate the victim so much that you disregard them, as you and your peers do.

Well, a ZEF does not know it is a ZEF, there is no victim. The only victim that can exist, will be created if women are forced to remain pregnant against their will, and at that time women will be the victim of interference by the government in her personal business.

We do not hate, we do not disregard because there is nothing to disregard. The only evil thing is to disregard the rights of women.

Nope. It's a perfectly legal medical procedure. Bottom line.

It's only legal because of Leftist
progressivism's attempt at population control.

That's too bad. Very sad indeed.

The mom's mother tried to reach her, but her realtionship with her daughter is extremely bad and it did more harm than good. Her father is a good man, but sadly the mother hates his guts and he can't reach her either. The step dad is a lazy man that thinks he can wait until his grandfather dies before he does something with his life. He could properly reach her if he could be arsed to do so, but he can't.

the ending of a life by the hand of another person....murder.

Incorrect. Murder is the ILLEGAL killing of a person by a person. If it's legal, it CANNOT be murder.

Perhaps you didn't get it the first time, but I don't care about your off-topic opinion about religion. It has nothing to do with anything being discussed.

Well, seeing that the majority of anti-choice pro-lifers do this from their religious points of view, religion is a valid topic in abortion. You may be the exception to the rule but the views of religious people is relevant in the fight for stopping them from trying to take away women's rights.

:applaud

Hooray for leftist and progressivim.

I know you'd lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve a totalitarian hard right conservative government. But... :shrug:

Incorrect. Murder is the ILLEGAL killing of a person by a person. If it's legal, it CANNOT be murder.

Wash, rinse, and repeat Scraba. Naaaaaawh. Never mind, it won't work.

Abortion is murder...bottom line

Murder is something that is illegal, abortion is not.

Hence abortion is not murder. You may view it as such but that is just a very personal view that is not in accordance with what the law states about both murder and abortion.

Our Constitution protects the right to privacy regarding several zones including marriage, child rearing, contraception and legal elective abortion befor viability.

The Supreme Court voted overwhemingly to support legalized abortion in the United States 7 to 2.
Most of the justices were appointed by Republican presidents.

Last edited:

Our Constitution protects the right to privacy regarding several zones including marriage, child rearing, contraception and legal elective abortion befor viability.

But the constitution was written by a bunch of heathen liberal, progressives...who hated conservatives. They were hoping to prepare future generations for a eugenics process, via hidden interpretations of the constitution, which would eliminate all possibilities of conservatism. :roll:

Obviously that notion failed.

The mom's mother tried to reach her, but her realtionship with her daughter is extremely bad and it did more harm than good. Her father is a good man, but sadly the mother hates his guts and he can't reach her either. The step dad is a lazy man that thinks he can wait until his grandfather dies before he does something with his life. He could properly reach her if he could be arsed to do so, but he can't.

Sorry.:(

Sure, the justices on the court in 1973 where a hotbed of progressive liberals :roll:

Warren Burger (conservative, nominated by Nixon, Presbyterian)

William Douglas (libertarian, nominated by Roosevelt, Presbyterian)

William Brennan (progressive, nominated by Eisenhower, Roman Catholic)

Potter Stewart (republican, nominated by Eisenhower, Episcopalian)

Thurgood Marshall (democrat, nominated by LBJ, Episcopalian)

Harry Blackmun (liberal, nominated by Nixon, Methodist)

Lewis Powell (centrist, nominated by Nixon, Presbyterian)

the vote was 7 to 2 from a group of men of which most were nominated by a republican president and only 2 of them being democratic or liberal.

As said, not a hotbed of leftist progressives.

Also, this is not about population control. That would be achieved by real and correct sexual education (which on schools is not always allowed), birth control (which makes women sluts according to the biggest conservative mouthpiece) and many more methods (of which abortion is only 1). The best way to not have more children is to stop pregnancies, not abort pregnancies.

This is not a population control issue but a women's right issue.

No. It's legal because the rights of the born supersede those of the unborn. As it should be.

No, oddly enough, I don't understand how a violent killer would perceive condemnation of their absolute abandonment of their parental responsibilities by way of killing their own kid for personal gain.

I would imagine such a person, if we can call them such, would have such warped perceptions of reality that speculation is pretty worthless and would require expertise specific to criminal psychology.

I would imagine a violent killer wouldn't give a **** about your opinion either way.

I can't really say... I don't know any violent killers personally. :shrug:

No, fact.

Prove it.

It's hard to get much more useless than the Violin Society scenario.

It obviously has some merit. It certainly revealed your hypocrisy.

Which sometimes creates offspring. Which anyone who isn't so retarded or so young they can't realistically consent to have sex knows.

Yes, sometimes offspring are created... Even when an active effort is made to prevent that. Anyone over age 5 knows things don't always go according to plan. Accidents happen everyday. So what?

Yes, you have made it clear in so many ways that personal responsibility means nothing to you.

:lamo

Apparently you overlooked/don't comprehend/blatantly disregard the personal part of that concept.

This is so incredibly stupid that it buggers belief. Do you realize you're comparing consensual sex to kidnapping and assault, or did you need that aspect explained to you as well?

I was comparing the intent/actions/preventative measures taken by the respective parties in both scenarios.

For someone that doesn't factor in those things for others ....

You were mighty quick to plead the particulars of your situation. In fact... You were one of the first to disconnect yourself and let the guy die.

I call that hypocrisy... Considering the lack of sympathy you have shown others ... You deserve to be judged by your own ridiculous standards. I like consistency.

The purpose of abortion, like all contract killing, is to eliminate another human being. The motives vary, but the most typical ones with this type of contract killing are personal financial gain and considering the target to be a personal inconvenience.

The purpose of abortion is to end a pregnancy.

Your employment of a bigoted slur is all too predictable.

Bigoted slur... Aggression... Pro-Abort... :yawn:

You really need some new material...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom