• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For or against a re-united Ireland?

For or against a re-united Ireland?

• for

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • against

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • don't know

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • don't care

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Are you for or against a re-united Ireland?

It would be nice if Ireland were finally united.

Ireland has had a sad history.

It seems time for the English to finally leave Ireland.

Of course, those Northern Ireland residents who do not wish to live in a united Ireland should be helped in every way to resettle in other parts of the United Kingdom or even assisted in emigrating to the United States, where they would be welcomed with open arms.

I consider it the inevitable result of Brexit and one of the reasons I strongly supported that with or without a deal. It may still take another generation, but at least the ball is moving.

Of course, those Northern Ireland residents who do not wish to live in a united Ireland should be helped in every way to resettle in other parts of the United Kingdom or even assisted in emigrating to the United States, where they would be welcomed with open arms.

Why on earth should NI protestants be faed with the option of living in catholic Ireland or 'resettling'? Its their home and their country.

Are you also in favour of Jews being driven out of Israel btw?

Why on earth should NI protestants be faed with the option of living in catholic Ireland or 'resettling'? Its their home and their country.

Are you also in favour of Jews being driven out of Israel btw?

You should re-read his post.

Oh, so a little ethnic cleansing is OK then....

Nope.

Voted "for" but it is not that simple.

In principle it would be nice to see Ireland united but those divisions go beyond England being in northern Ireland, and in some regards you can thank religious and political ideology for why those divisions are going to be painful to mend.

Yep. Besides, religion is becoming a relic in Ireland these days. Ireland's citizens are finally pushing away from the silly religions that have caused so much strife. If the NI folks don't want to be part of the Republic of Ireland and the EU, they can move to what is left of the UK.

Ireland's citizens are finally pushing away from the silly religions that have caused so much strife.

In fact, if I am not mistaken, the leader of Ireland is a gay man. And, I think, abortion is now legal.

It does seem that the Church has finally lost its hold on the Irish people.

Have a nice day!

It's not for any NON Irish citizen to decide what is best for Ireland.

You don't live there.

I don't live in Ireland, so I don't really have an opinion on the topic.

We do not "decide" here.
But everybody is allowed to have an opinion.

I don't live in Ireland, so I don't really have an opinion on the topic.

I do not live in Ireland.
Nor in China nor in Africa either.

But one might have an opinion, without living there.

Since I profoundly dislike the Brexit movement, I'd strongly be for Northern Ireland joining the Republic of Ireland and the European Union, and Scotland breaking apart from the UK and rejoining the European Union. This said, it's up to the Irish peoples to make this decision. But yes, simply responding to this poll and issuing an opinion is NOT making a decision on behalf of the Irish, so the objection expressed above doesn't apply.

so far 11 out of 16 voteres opted for "for". :)

You don't live there.

I am an Irish citizen, but I don't live there.

An independent and united Ireland is the only way to go.

And here you can listen to that song:

>>> YouTube

Back
Top Bottom