• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida OKs school materials aimed at making students conservatives

Absentglare

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The content, some of which is narrated by conservative personalities such as Tucker Carlson and Candance Owens, features cartoons, five-minute video history lessons and story-time shows for young children. It is part of a brand called PragerU Kids. And the lessons share a common message: Being pro-American means aligning oneself to mainstream conservative talking points.

“We are in the mind-changing business and few groups can say that,” Prager says in a promotional video for PragerU. He reiterated this sentiment this summer at a conference for the conservative group Moms for Liberty in Philadelphia, saying it is “fair” to say PragerU indoctrinates children.

“It’s true we bring doctrines to children,” Prager told the group. “But what is the bad about our indoctrination?”

Florida is moving to brainwash the youth, force feeding partisan political propaganda to children. It seems the CRT scare was more projection.

Anyone going to defend this?

I won’t defend it, but similarly valid complaints can be made for ‘educational’ material with the opposite political bias. As with ‘news’ media bias, most is accomplished by simple omission. Bias is most often accomplished by presenting only one ‘side’ of a story, event or policy position than by presenting ‘non-factual’ material (and omitting the other ‘side’).

Last edited:
I won’t defend it, but similarly valid complaints can be made for ‘educational’ material with the opposite political bias.
Everything is politically biased. It cannot be avoided. Some material or teacher may have a conservative or liberal bias and that's ok.

But not everything is factually correct.

US education is inherently biased towards making the US look good. Ok, whatever. Of course it is. But would you say the same thing if we introduced Russian propaganda to our schools to "show both sides"?

PragerU is openly and explicitly a propaganda machine.

Name a single left leaning org that is openly a political propaganda org that has their curriculum in schools. The left leaning equivalent of PragerU would be like allowing BLM or something to produce media and show it in schools.

Florida is moving to brainwash the youth, force feeding partisan political propaganda to children. It seems the CRT scare was more projection.

So funny! The left has been working to brainwash the youth for decades but now that the right presents a more conservative and more parent friendly alternative its brainwashing our youth. LOL! Men are Women. The world is ending in 10 years, (so said the study back in 1989) and again every few years since. Total BS by liberals.

I won’t defend it, but similarly valid complaints can be made for ‘educational’ material with the opposite political bias. As with ‘news’ media bias, most is accomplished by simple omission. Bias is most often accomplished by presenting only one ‘side’ of a story, event or policy position than by presenting ‘non-factual’ material (and omitting the other ‘side’).

Is a lesson that shows red lining allowed whites but 3nit blacks to build wealth liberal bias?

Liberal governments do not dictate what can be taught in schools. That's authoritarianism.

So funny! The left has been working to brainwash the youth for decades but now that the right presents a more conservative and more parent friendly alternative its brainwashing our youth. LOL! Men are Women. The world is ending in 10 years, (so said the study back in 1989) and again every few years since. Total BS by liberals.

Link?

Everything is politically biased. It cannot be avoided. Some material or teacher may have a conservative or liberal bias and that's ok.

US education is inherently biased towards making the US look good. Ok, whatever. Of course it is. But would you say the same thing if we introduced Russian propaganda to our schools to "show both sides"?

Name a single left leaning org that is openly a political propaganda org that has their curriculum in schools. The left leaning equivalent of PragerU would be like allowing BLM or something to produce media and show it in schools.

You seem to fail label stuff which you happen to (largely?) agree with as ‘propaganda’, while labeling stuff which you happen to disagree with as ‘propaganda .

Last edited:
Does that mean they are teaching that men are men and cannot be women? Well that's a biological fact, science and DNA say men are not women. I know the left hates it.

Why clutch your pearls when the pendulum swings in the other direction?

Because teaching evolutionary biology and that you can't "pray away the gay" is not the same thing as teaching that cutting taxes to millionaires "lifts all boats" or saying slavery was a good thing because it taught the enslaved useful skills.

This is not a "both sides" issue. It's about education vs misinformation.

I am going to defend DeSantis and Prager U for wanting to stop the Leftist trend of indoctrinating young people and people who can't thing for themselves with bleeding heart ideologies.
WOKEness, DEI, CRT, and ESG are hurting our country because it takes away from our focus on treating all people equally and not treating them differently because they are gay or have a particular skin color.

You seem to fail label stuff which you happen to (largely?) agree with as ‘propaganda’, while labeling stuff which you happen to disagree with as ‘propaganda .

And you think those orgs are equivalent to PragerU?

Also what have I failed to label propaganda?

I’ve never heard of any left-wing partisan organizations hand-crafting public school curriculum, much less any that have openly admitted it is indoctrination.

The fact that the right accuses the left of bias in schools doesn’t make it true.

And you think those orgs are equivalent to PragerU?

Also what have I failed to label propaganda?

I’m not going to get into how much bias (as measured by ???) it takes for something to become considered propaganda. MSNBC, CNN and Fox News are all biased, but which are considered propaganda (and by who) varies.

I’ve never heard of any left-wing partisan organizations hand-crafting public school curriculum, much less any that have openly admitted it is indoctrination.

The fact that the right accuses the left of bias in schools doesn’t make it true.

Yep, that’s not a forest - it’s just a bunch of trees. ;)

See post #17.

Or left-wing governments forcing it on students.

Its authoritarianism, pure and simple.

I am going to defend DeSantis and Prager U for wanting to stop the Leftist trend of indoctrinating young people and people who can't thing for themselves with bleeding heart ideologies.
WOKEness, DEI, CRT, and ESG are hurting our country because it takes away from our focus on treating all people equally and not treating them differently because they are gay or have a particular skin color.

They are stopping indoctrination by indoctrinating. Very clever!

They are stopping indoctrination by indoctrinating. Very clever!
I would rather be indoctrinated by a Conservative promoting conservative ideals than by WOKE activists poisoning the minds of children and weak-minded Progressives.

Some people are saying that their governor is a beady eyed fascist worm.

Neat, a fact-free "both sides" argument is the first response!

Best response.

Back
Top Bottom