• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fleeing California

I actually like it out here. The area I live in straddles the borders of a heavily Hispanic with a primarily black neighborhood, so I'm no stranger to being the minority :) The 'burbs were an utter nightmare, I spent my childhood in the suburbs and I couldn't imagine living there as a sane adult.

So, basically, you had your nice neighborhood till teh Mexi-cans came.

So Latinos are ok...so long as they were born here...do you see why I'm picking up some racist/xenophobic overtones here?

Erm....Mexicans ARE Latinos...and in my experience, they usually do.

Santa Cruz Crime Statistics (CA) - CityRating.com
Four murders in a year OMG!

I think you are greatly exaggerating the problem to justify your own apparently very intense dislike of Latinos. Even in LA, that doesnt happen NEARLY as much as people think it does

Then why not do something about it BESIDES complain about "Mexi-cans"?

My neighborhood: Man shot, killed in Live Oak - Santa Cruz Sentinel

Down the road: Body discovered off Casserly Road in Watsonville - Santa Cruz Sentinel

Down the road: Sheriff: Soquel slaying involved drug sales; suspect acquitted of homicide nearly 25 years ago - Santa Cruz Sentinel

Friend of my son: Man, 19, shot, killed at Westside Santa Cruz apartment complex - Santa Cruz Sentinel

Mexican marijuana plantation: Skeletonized remains of man found in Santa Cruz Mountains identified - Santa Cruz Sentinel

Killed by my neighbor: Authorities identify two Santa Cruz men slain in Lower Ocean shooting - Santa Cruz Sentinel

Illegal immigrant kills local girlfriend: DA: Neighbors tried to stop deadly Morrissey Boulevard attack; suspect's immigration status in question - Santa Cruz Sentinel

Take back our town tonight: Take Back Santa Cruz

Stab City: Welcome to Stab Santa Cruz - Info on Santa Cruz County Stabbings!

I like how you only post links on crimes done by Mexicans. What about the white boys?

Man wanted in July shooting near downtown Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Sentinel
Picture2.png

Prominent Westside couple identified in murder-suicide off Soquel Drive - Santa Cruz Sentinel
Picture3.png

Man wanted for hate crime at gay-friendly Santa Cruz club identified - Santa Cruz Sentinel
Picture4-2.png

Cops and Courts: June 5, 2009 - Santa Cruz Sentinel
Picture5-1.png

$50K reward offered in cold Capitola homicide case - Santa Cruz Sentinel
Picture6.png

Trial date set for two men accused in murder of Elias Sorokin - Santa Cruz Sentinel

Meth bust yields 13 arrests - March 6th,2004 by CATHY REDFERN

Pair found guilty of torture, assault in Beach Flats mauling - March 3rd,2006 by Terri Morgan

Beating, vandalism possibly hate crimes - May 19th,2004 by CATHY REDFERN

Boulder Creek man gets 195 days in jail - January 19th,2006 by Cathy Smith

Negherbon gets 90-day sentence - January 25th,2006 by Cathy Smith

Here is an interesting article that says native born residents are more than 10 times likely to commit a crime than immigrants

As You See It: Web edition, March 19, 2008 - February 27th,2008

Last edited:
These are some of your neighbors, also known as the East Side gang, and most of them are white. Their crimes include drug dealing, assault with a deadly weapon, hate crimes, attempted murder and some of them are currently under investigation for murder. Santa Cruz has always had a ruff element of drug using, knife fighting white boys. People from surrounding cities used to call it "The White Man's Ghetto".

17979_100713439961884_100000696854948_16671_3210471_n.jpg

179279_157266620990227_100001206708869_318006_2868851_n.jpg

166817_158509420865385_100001189840824_297066_6705583_ncopy.jpg

Central America ≠ Mexico

When the vast majority of illegals are coming across the Mexican border, what's the difference?

You gave a general blanket statement that "80% of undocumented immigrants are from Mexico".

In a thread called "Fleeing California". Sorry you need everything spelled out for you.

No, it isnt. I realize a lot of people suck at geography but this REALLY isnt that tough.

Yeah, actually it is. Since none of these other countries share borders with the U.S., they have to come across somewhere, or are you assuming they're jumping into the ocean and swimming across? Seriously, it really isn't that tough...

These are some of your neighbors, also known as the East Side gang, and most of them are white. Their crimes include drug dealing, assault with a deadly weapon, hate crimes, attempted murder and some of them are currently under investigation for murder. Santa Cruz has always had a ruff element of drug using, knife fighting white boys. People from surrounding cities used to call it "The White Man's Ghetto".

You aren't here on the ground so you don't know. You are speculating instead of speaking on the basis of personal knowledge.

Latinos (not Mexican illegals) pretending to be surfers and white guys pretending to be tough get together because they are both posers. Would be gangbangers, but these guys aren't MS-13 or Surenos or Nortenos. These are posers who get into trouble when they get stoned and drunk. Nothing more. These are pissant criminals.

Too many Mexican illegals who are gangbangers are stone killers...shoot you in the head and then check to see what's in your refrigerator. The East Side Boys are nothing. They are oblivious to old men walking dogs. Walk by the Surenos and they size you up.

White people in Santa Cruz are mostly wealthy because the white middle class has been forced to relocate because the cost of living is so high here. The cost of living here is 150 percent of the national average. As time passes, Santa Cruz is becoming a fusion of Carmel and Salinas. That's a marriage made in hell.

These are posers who get into trouble when they get stoned and drunk. Nothing more. These are pissant criminals.

It seems like you don't know what's going on the ground. Who do you think killed Joseph Morales? Who do you think killed Tom Paz? Who got charged with stabbing Jared Valdez (Eli Valdez's son) almost to death? If murder and attempted murder is considered "pissant criminals", I'd like to know what your idea of real crime is, genocide?

It seems like you don't know what's going on the ground. Who do you think killed Joseph Morales? Who do you think killed Tom Paz? Who got charged with stabbing Jared Valdez (Eli Valdez's son) almost to death? If murder and attempted murder is considered "pissant criminals", I'd like to know what your idea of real crime is, genocide?

I've given you quite a bit of information. Now it's time for you to tell me where you live and how you know about Santa Cruz. Then we can proceed with our conversation.

Omg. Do you work in the state or local criminal justice system? Are you accessing a database not available to the general public?

Latinos (not Mexican illegals) pretending to be surfers and white guys pretending to be tough get together because they are both posers. Would be gangbangers, but these guys aren't MS-13 or Surenos or Nortenos. These are posers who get into trouble when they get stoned and drunk. Nothing more. These are pissant criminals.
Not all undocumented immigrants are criminals. Get this through your head.

I already know that. Don't try and put words in my mouth that I never uttered.
My mistake, that accusation was leveled at Latinos in general.

Do you or do you not understand that not all Latinos are criminals?

My mistake, that accusation was leveled at Latinos in general.

Do you or do you not understand that not all Latinos are criminals?

Latino-Americans aren't criminals. Illegal aliens are perforce criminals.

You keep flip-flopping, take a solid position and stick with it.

No I don't. Latino-Americans are like all other versions of Americans. Some law abiding, some not law abiding.

All illegal aliens are not law abiding. Their very first act in setting foot on american soil is to violate american law.

Now let me ask you a question. Jerry Brown has just declared a fiscal emergency in California. How is he going to fix the state's finances in order to stop people from fleeing California.

Johnny,

Where are you friend? Tell me about yourself. Tell me about the database you're using. You aren't violating any privacy or confidentiality laws are you?

I've given you quite a bit of information. Now it's time for you to tell me where you live and how you know about Santa Cruz. Then we can proceed with our conversation.

You haven't told us anything about you, all you do is post links from the Santa Cruz Sentinel. And I don't want to know anything about you. Don't share information that like that on the internet.

I don't disagree with you that the sanctuary city policy has brought in some hardened illegal criminals, and the city is definitely becoming more like Salinas, but don't ignore the fact that there has always also been a large demographic of poor or lower-middle class white trash who contribute heavily to the city's crime rate. While they aren't doing drive-bys every night like the Mexicans, the do shoot people everyonce in a while, and they stab people very often. Check stabsantacruz.com and look at how many stabbings are done by white people. They are involved in drug trafficking, prostitution, white collar crimes like check fraud, and of course, the ones that live up in the mountains come downtown every once in a while and beat up minorities, jews and gays. If you don't believe me, go sit down with an SCPD officer and ask him to confirm what I'm saying. Santa Cruz, even before the influx of illegals, has never been a San Luis Obispo.

Latino-Americans aren't criminals. Illegal aliens are perforce criminals.

Not true. This study shows that natives are more than 10 time likely to commit a crime in their life than an illegal.

As You See It: Web edition, March 19, 2008 - February 27th,2008

Back
Top Bottom