• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Five Days To Go

What Happens Monday 25MAR24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Monday is the deadline for Trump to post his bond.

I mean, there are so many options…
-Kim Jun Un step in to own - pardon me, loan - trump money.
-Donald sells copies of classified docs to the highest bidder.
-Saudis tell Jared to peel off a portion of that $2B and invest in American influence

Last edited:
There are a hand full of high level republican billionaires with the ability to easily cover this. Saw a fascinating story about this on CNN earlier today.

IF THEY DON'T It's a pretty clear indication he doesn't have the support he thinks he does.

There are a hand full of high level republican billionaires with the ability to easily cover this. Saw a fascinating story about this on CNN earlier today.

IF THEY DON'T It's a pretty clear indication he doesn't have the support he thinks he does.
They don't have 500 million in cash. The wealthy don't keep that kind of cash on hand. Most wealthy run on debt. Basically the way it works is they take loans out on assets they own, such as stocks or real estate. This done because debt is not taxable, and by deferring income via debt service they can minimize tax.

I think he and his lawyers are just crying "poor mouth" as we say in the South in order to raise more funds from his donors and rubes. But, if he doesn't come up with the funds it will be...

delicious.png

They don't have 500 million in cash. The wealthy don't keep that kind of cash on hand. Most wealthy run on debt. Basically the way it works is they take loans out on assets they own, such as stocks or real estate. This done because debt is not taxable, and by deferring income via debt service they can minimize tax.
Google it. There are a handful of billionaires on this planet who do have the cash, and they are on a whole different level than trump when it comes to billionaires.

They are called high level billionaires, the ultra-mega mega rich. trump is a bottom of the barrel billionaire! :LOL: Looks like the REALLY big boys don't want to play with him!

What we should all be asking ourselves is what would be the impications if some wealthy individual or country came to the rescue here of Donald Trump?

In both cases this would be "pay to play"because everyone knows that Trump is highly transactional.

Donald Trump would owe anyone posting his bond 454 million reasons to do his or her bidding if he should win the presidency in 2024.

What if it was MbS of the Kingdom or Vladimir Putin of Russia? Our president would be beholden to a foreign and/or enemy individual.

Think about it. Think about how dangerous this situation could be.

I mean, there are so many options…
-Kim Jun Un step in to own - pardon me, loan - trump money.
-Donald sells copies of classified docs to the highest bidder.
-Saudis tell Jared to peel off a portion of that $2B and invest in American influence
auction his ownership interest in truth social

have manafort broker vital classified information to russia. nevermind, he has already hired manafort this week

I missed the fourth option; I think somehow Trump skates, Can’t tell you how, but I think he weasels……

It’s possible (but unlikely) that the NY appeals court prevents the lower court from seizing Trump’s assets before the appeal is ruled on.

I think he has the money in liquid form and just doesn't want to use it all to pay because then he won't have the millions he has to use for his overpriced life style. Yes, I think it's cutting close, because he theatrically overestimated the amount available when they asked him. But if he doesn't pay them, they'll charge interest and he will seek to avoid that, at least.

I don't think someone else will pay for him, and I do think that's a good thing, as he would owe anyone he paid and would be an even clearer and more present danger as a potential president than he has been up to now.

I missed the fourth option; I think somehow Trump skates, Can’t tell you how, but I think he weasels……

Fourth option might have been:

"The court acquiesces to a negotiated deal"

As to my vote, "Someone else posts bond", I think it's possible Trump is fundraising here, and has - or will have - enough liquidity to toss to a bonding agent (or consortium of bonding agents) to allay their concerns.

Trump doesn't need only one source to post his bond. He could have negotiated with four or five different surety underwriters to cover the amount together.

But he didn't do that. Didn't even try that tack to my knowledge. **** Trump. I hope Ms. James takes away everything from this bastard.

EXACTLY why we need a wealth tax.

He doesn't.

My take is he's scared. I believe he finds himself in very unfamiliar ground and is becoming very frightened of his future.

He needs a quick billion RIGHT NOW to hold back the biggest wolf, another $100 million to hold back the sex assault suit and he'd broke. His past lawyers are suing him (which take precedence) and his support from small donors has crashed into single digits.

I suspect he tapped out his "friends" (if he truly had any) a long time ago.

And people in his circles don't have friends, they have greedy and hungry acquaintances who are to be eaten or fed. I think they are in feeding mode now

Well, his lawyer claimed he had 400 million available. He should be able to get loans to secure the judgement, much larger loans for lawsuits have been made. It's very telling reports indicate over 30 companies have passed on the deal. Our self-proclaimed 'Art of the Deal' con man can't swing this??? Tells me the companies see tRump's loooong list of unpaid debts as not encouraging.... :unsure:
He has been hoisted on his own petard... ✌️

Well, his lawyer claimed he had 400 million available. He should be able to get loans to secure the judgement, much larger loans for lawsuits have been made. It's very telling reports indicate over 30 companies have passed on the deal. Our self-proclaimed 'Art of the Deal' con man can't swing this??? Tells me the companies see tRump's loooong list of unpaid debts as not encouraging.... :unsure:
Ooops, I think he told a little white lie... 🤭 :rolleyes:

Trump's got a (well-deserved) reputation. You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but...

Monday is the deadline for Trump to post his bond.

I was listening to a legal analyst who said he could declare bankruptcy. Apparently, he doesn't want to because he's afraid it'll make people realize he's not as rich as he claims, but I think people (his supporters) long ago stopped caring just how rich he is or isn't. He's clearly got some wealth, and he will have cashflow even after these legal bills are paid.

But the advantage of bankruptcy is that it might protect some of his assets, and at minimum, this would drag the process out well past the election. And as one talking head put it (and I agreed), he's claimed bankruptcy before, and it didn't kill him. Moreover, he can just claim that the Democrats are doing this to him and that he has no choice but to do file.

As to my vote, "Someone else posts bond", I think it's possible Trump is fundraising here, and has - or will have - enough liquidity to toss to a bonding agent (or consortium of bonding agents) to allay their concerns.

Anything is possible, but I don't think they'll do it. The $90 million bond by Chubb was one thing, but that was to cover a single legal judgment. This is different. Whoever issues his bond would need property valuations -- accurate valuations. Kinda hard to come by when the thing that is going to be bonded is to cover a much bigger legal judgment against him for, well...bullshitting about the value of his properties.

I think they will try to enter into processes that drag this out, which means either seizure of his properties or a bankruptcy filing. Even if they start the process of seizing his property, they don't send the sheriff out to put padlocks on the next day. It takes time.

Back
Top Bottom