• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First Transgender Woman Able to Breastfeed Baby Without Undergoing Surgery

Alright, that's a little better.
since I never said anything against trans people in the beginning it's exactly the same.

But let's understand that neither you nor I (as far as I know) are doctors. Is there a potential health risk to the baby? Perhaps, I'll give you that.
that should be enough there is no but after that. Because if you say "but so on so on so on." You are necessarily justifying a potential harm to the baby.

If there is a potential health risk to the baby don't do it.

But I intend to let the experts sort it out. I am sure that there are thousands of more serious cases that don't even make the local news.
the article was not presented to experts it was presented to anyone to read. And I'm perfectly allowed to have an opinion on it.

This Thread isn't about thousands of other cases it's about this one.

since I never said anything against trans people in the beginning it's exactly the same.

I'm afraid you don't understand: We have people, even right here at DP, that feel that something is wrong with transgender people simply because they are transgender. I erroneously thought that that was where you were coming from, but let's be honest, it's like the smell of poop--once you know what it is, you can detect the scent in an instant. And some of what you said earlier smelled like poop.

that should be enough there is no but after that. Because if you say "but so on so on so on." You are necessarily justifying a potential harm to the baby.

If there is a potential health risk to the baby don't do it.

And what gives you the expertise to quantify exactly what the risk to the baby is and how to manage that risk? You're just making my point for me.

The article was not presented to experts it was presented to anyone to read. And I'm perfectly allowed to have an opinion on it.

This Thread isn't about thousands of other cases it's about this one.

You are making the same mistake that laypeople make all too often: You are more than welcome to voice an opinion on this matter, but unless you are a medical expert, your opinion doesn't matter. Only the experts' opinions matter. Sorry!

I'm afraid you don't understand: We have people, even right here at DP, that feel that something is wrong with transgender people simply because they are transgender.
well that's how I would view it I mean getting surgery to correct something you such as Anatomy would indicate that Anatomy is wrong.

I erroneously thought that that was where you were coming from, but let's be honest, it's like the smell of poop--once you know what it is, you can detect the scent in an instant. And some of what you said earlier smelled like poop.
because I said trans woman is still male?

And what gives you the expertise to quantify exactly what the risk to the baby is and how to manage that risk? You're just making my point for me.
I didn't quantify anyting.

You are making the same mistake that laypeople make all too often: You are more than welcome to voice an opinion on this matter, but unless you are a medical expert, your opinion doesn't matter. Only the experts' opinions matter. Sorry!
So why would you talk to anyone who isn't an expert?

well that's how I would view it I mean getting surgery to correct something you such as Anatomy would indicate that Anatomy is wrong.

because I said trans woman is still male?

I didn't quantify anyting.

So why would you talk to anyone who isn't an expert?

Great question! Why would we only want to seek an expert for their advice? Maybe we should start trusting laypeople more, right?

Look, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but not everyone is entitled to expertise. They have to earn it. Most experts have earned it. The few who didn't are the exceptions. So if I'm a betting man, I'd much rather place my trust in the hands of an expert than in just an average person. Pretty simple concept, if you ask me.

Great question! Why would we only want to seek an expert for their advice?
Advice? Yeah. I wasn't offering advice.

Maybe we should start trusting laypeople more, right?
Because they discuss in discussion forums?

Look, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but not everyone is entitled to expertise. They have to earn it. Most experts have earned it. The few who didn't are the exceptions. So if I'm a betting man, I'd much rather place my trust in the hands of an expert than in just an average person. Pretty simple concept, if you ask me.
Okay, no idea what that has to do with the price of tea in China, but good talk.

If a trans woman is breastfeeding this child and the mother allowed it the mental health of the mother is probably pretty poor. But why would you even bring her up?

A male capable of producing enough breast milk to nurse a baby is clearly a sign of hormones being way out of whack.

Males if they identify as female or not aren't capable of producing breast milk.

Not true. Several men in the past have produced milk after their wives/baby's mama died or left and they needed to feed the baby somehow. It is rare, but has happened naturally (or close to it).

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/strange-but-true-males-can-lactate/

Did you actually read that article you posted?

Yes. Starvation may be an extreme condition, but it is still a natural phenomenon. There are several things that simply are abnormal conditions, but not unnatural in themselves. Such as having a tumor or abnormal production of certain hormones. Some used drugs, which caused the lactation production, which is unnatural, but that is not the only way for it to happen. The hormones being used are given to genetic women too.

That's not what my biology teacher said, well that and chromosomes.

I believe you. I got the same lesson too. Thing is, science evolves as new evidence comes in. For instance, when we were kids, our Earth Science teachers invited us to speculate if there were Earth-sized planets elsewhere in the Milky Way. Now it's just a question about how many, and that number appears to be large!

That's not what my biology teacher said, well that and chromosomes.

Then he or she was wrong. Sex and gender are not the same. And even sex can be defined differently by two different people in science. A person can be born with XX chromosomes throughout their body and still have a penis. A person can be born with XY chromosomes throughout their body and be born without a penis and develop as a woman to a huge extent (there generally are some internal differences). People can be born with both male and female DNA or intersexed, having XXY or XXX genes (I think theres even more than these). A person with AIS (XY chromosomes, female appearance/hormones/development) would almost certainly be put down as female at birth. If later in life they learn they have XY chromosomes, should their birth certificate be changed to reflect their DNA or kept as is for their genitalia? Why?

Yes. Starvation may be an extreme condition, but it is still a natural phenomenon. There are several things that simply are abnormal conditions, but not unnatural in themselves. Such as having a tumor or abnormal production of certain hormones. Some used drugs, which caused the lactation production, which is unnatural, but that is not the only way for it to happen. The hormones being used are given to genetic women too.

I didn't read anything in that article about it actually ever occurring.

I didn't read anything in that article about it actually ever occurring.

It has.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/eish/sri-lankan-widower-breastfeeds-his-babies-96902

This is the one that I've read before. It is very rare, but it is possible. And many men have lactated naturally without any other substance in their body but what they are naturally producing. It generally will not be enough to feed a baby, even on the rare occasion that it happens, but lactation is possible.

It is obviously about the adult... what I want to know is what the **** is going on? If the homosexual stats are just under 4% nationally the transgender percentage has to be much lower... then how come we have 5 kids transitioning out of 94 in one year level?

It's a the new renegade shock thing. I don't like it. Kids go through phases and pushing a life changing phase on a kid is a bad idea.

It has.

This is the one that I've read before. It is very rare, but it is possible. And many men have lactated naturally without any other substance in their body but what they are naturally producing. It generally will not be enough to feed a baby, even on the rare occasion that it happens, but lactation is possible.

I'm not reading another one of those b******* articles if there is something in there that says a man can breastfeed babies copy it and paste it if you can't do that but I'm not reading it.

I'm not reading another one of those b******* articles if there is something in there that says a man can breastfeed babies copy it and paste it if you can't do that but I'm not reading it.

The very first line of the article. It was a max of about 200 words (probably less).

"A 38-year-old Sri Lankan man, whose wife had died three months ago, appears to have the ability to breastfeed his two infant daughters, doctors said on Wednesday."

The very first line of the article. It was a max of about 200 words (probably less).

"A 38-year-old Sri Lankan man, whose wife had died three months ago, appears to have the ability to breastfeed his two infant daughters, doctors said on Wednesday."

If it was simple you should have copied and pasted the pertinent info. Instead you expect me to read through that to prove your argument.

I just don't care enough.

A did a cursory scam of the article and the message I got from it was my first position. Men dont Brest feed babies because they don't produce Brest milk.

A freak of nature doesn't negate that.

If it was simple you should have copied and pasted the pertinent info. Instead you expect me to read through that to prove your argument.

I just don't care enough.

A did a cursory scam of the article and the message I got from it was my first position. Men dont Brest feed babies because they don't produce Brest milk.

A freak of nature doesn't negate that.

It shows that it can happen naturally, which counters what you said earlier. Freak or not, it is natural, even if extremely rare.

Back
Top Bottom