• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First look at Oklahoma Capital Baphomet statue

just trimming off some nonessential traits basically or using an alternate violation of a problem

doesn't lead to any satisfying answers but nether dose adding in personality

well instead of some guy who can make what ever he wants who you cant explain the workings of who wants to tell you what to do and will reward or punish you always existing because you need him to

you have some unexplained force or forces that just happen to give rise to reality as we know it with out any personality or wish lists for you and me

or you have things just pop into being because they can

And how can that happen?

And how can that happen?

i don't know just need it to in order to make the explanation work same as with god and its ultimately empty and explains nothing same as with god adding personality making it a god doesn't help

Here's what is morally offensive- the image of an emaciated, bloodied, pathetic body nailed to a crucifix!!!

i don't know just need it to in order to make the explanation work same as with god and its ultimately empty and explains nothing same as with god adding personality making it a god doesn't help

So you can't explain?

It's beautiful. The artist is building a mold, as to allow for mass production of bronze castings should nutters figure out how to assault a solid bronze statue.

Screen-Shot-20f14-05-01-at-1-22-20-PM.jpg

Here

I think it's a very nice sculpture and will add greatly to the OK Capital. The Satanists deserve much for their effort. As well as to say that should the government decide to honor or allow the representation of any religion, all religions should be allowed to be presented the same way. It's one of the greatest benefits of a secular and free democracy.
A monument to somebody with way too much time on their hands.

Seriously? A statement asserting a symbol of ultimate hatred, death and damnation?

And people think that I'm hateful for opposing gay "marriage."

It is a democratic republic I do believe. We still vote in politicians that pass legislation. If you are going with the argument it is unconstitutional not to allow any faith to put up a statue once you let one do it, I disagree. I used the in God we trust argument on coins as an example to show that was not the framer's intention of freedom of religion protection.

Actually "In God We Trust" was put on money during the War Between the States. Many in the Lincoln administration wanted to change the Constitution to add more Jesus to it... they felt the need to invoke Jesus to show GAWD was a Yankee. Lincoln balked at that, but the Treasurer Chase pushed for the phrase on coins. Later during the Commie scares of the 50's the phrase was added to paper money. (along with "under God" in the Pledge.)

Framers used "E Pluribus Unum" on the great seal in 1782 as our unofficial motto.

Oklahoma CONs opened a can of worms with this hot mess. Fun facts- when the 10 C tombstone was installed the politician who paid for it was not present, no ceremony was held and it had to be sent back due to spelling errors.

Now that others want to same ability to place their monuments there the CONs balk claiming it needs to be 'mainstream' religions- so I suppose they will sit in judgement.

It will be interesting to see how the courts handle this using the Constitution and not the Bible.

They should put up a statue of Mohamed and watch peoples brains explode

It's beautiful. The artist is building a mold, as to allow for mass production of bronze castings should nutters figure out how to assault a solid bronze statue.

Screen-Shot-20f14-05-01-at-1-22-20-PM.jpg

Here

I think it's a very nice sculpture and will add greatly to the OK Capital. The Satanists deserve much for their effort. As well as to say that should the government decide to honor or allow the representation of any religion, all religions should be allowed to be presented the same way. It's one of the greatest benefits of a secular and free democracy.
Did you know that satanism is the only religion the Army will not recognize? This is because Satanism teachings encourage in-fighting, whereas other religions bring unity. I know atheist nutters think this is cute, but maybe learning a few facts about the object your champion and basing action on logic and information is better than reactionary emotionalism.

A statue of Buddha would have been a far better thing.

I have a feeling thats gonna be a prime target for vandalism. Couldnt they have made a statue of the Flying Spaghetti monster instead?
The Roman goddes Minerva is in the California state seal and no one bats an eyelash, yet anti-christian groups think they're being original.

Did you know that satanism is the only religion the Army will not recognize? This is because Satanism teachings encourage in-fighting, whereas other religions bring unity. I know atheist nutters think this is cute, but maybe learning a few facts about the object your champion and basing action on logic and information is better than reactionary emotionalism.

A statue of Buddha would have been a far better thing.
Let us stand now, unbowed and unfettered by arcane doctrines born of fearful minds in darkened times. Let us embrace the Luciferian impulse to eat of the Tree of Knowledge and dissipate our blissful and comforting delusions of old.

Let us demand that individuals be judged for their concrete actions, not their fealty to arbitrary social norms and illusory categorizations.

Let us reason our solutions with agnosticism in all things, holding fast only to that which is demonstrably true.

Let us stand firm against any and all arbitrary authority that threatens the personal sovereignty of One or All. That which will not bend must break, and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.

It is Done.

Hail Satan.

A monument to somebody with way too much time on their hands.

Seriously? A statement asserting a symbol of ultimate hatred, death and damnation?

And people think that I'm hateful for opposing gay "marriage."

its just a guy with a goat head and some shapes relax

i can't wait to see them spend all this money and it get shot down by the committee. it isn't like they can just put a statue up there. they actually have to get approval.
since the committee isn't accepting any permits then these people are just wasting their money having the casting made.

Your inability to give a rational rebuttal is showing.

There is no rational rebuttal to something as irrational as religion, especially the Judeo/Christian/Muslim ones.

nope so is that nay different from any 1 else?

No it's not. No one can explain how other deities would work since they wouldn't.

There is no rational rebuttal to something as irrational as religion, especially the Judeo/Christian/Muslim ones.

You're concession is accepted (admitting that you can't make a rational argument is equivalent to a concession).

Legally, I see no reason why the majority cannot decide what is allowed on government property or not whether it is some unattractive piece from Christian church or not. It doesn't interfere with the practice of freedom of religion to not be allowed to have a statue. We have God we trust on coins. If the majority want in satan we trust on coins, they would have the power to do it through legislation.

Satan is the god of satanists.

I really don't think that the ten commandments - just some tablets with words - are the same as having a statue of creepy kids looking at a goat man.

I mean - really?

I think the statue is much more pleasing to the eye than that stupid tablet with rules no one abides anyway.

I think the statue is much more pleasing to the eye than that stupid tablet with rules no one abides anyway.

No one being able to abide by it was the point of the tablet. The tablet provided insight into God's beauty and served as a reminder that only faith can save.

You're concession is accepted (admitting that you can't make a rational argument is equivalent to a concession).

A realization that religion and it's believers are too irrational to have a rational conversation about religion isn't a concession, simply the facts. You prove it every time you type. You are very irrational about religion.

No one being able to abide by it was the point of the tablet. The tablet provided insight into God's beauty and served as a reminder that only faith can save.

I don't think I want murderers and such "saved". And iirc aren't those all sins that one is to be put to death for? Another part of the 10Cs that thank goodness we are now as a society rational enough to ignore.

I don't think I want murderers and such "saved". And iirc aren't those all sins that one is to be put to death for? Another part of the 10Cs that thank goodness we are now as a society rational enough to ignore.

I want everyone to be "saved". Enlightenment is a wonderful thing, it justifies the existence of society itself.

The 10C are good things to observe, in whatever metaphysical conception one does so. It would be impossible to "ignore" the 10C, as some are law.

I want everyone to be "saved". Enlightenment is a wonderful thing, it justifies the existence of society itself.

The 10C are good things to observe, in whatever metaphysical conception one does so. It would be impossible to "ignore" the 10C, as some are law.
Since there's no heaven, I'm more concerned with saving the people here and now that need saving, most of whom probably haven't swayed too far from the 10C just by chance.

Back
Top Bottom