• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Final 2012 Presidential Debate, Foreign Policy

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Stickied thread for discussion of the final debate tonight. The topic is foreign policy. Iran, Libya, can you see Russia from Romney's house, all that and more!

Stickied thread for discussion of the final debate tonight. The topic is foreign policy. Iran, Libya, can you see Russia from Romney's house, all that and more!

This could be the end for Obama.

Navy and DemIgnorant.....

You two silly guys!

I'd say Obama did in fact make a mistake in the second debate when basically saying it's impossible that someone in his team could be responsible, and so did Candy because now Romney can hit him with the fact that Obama didn't make himself clear, and Candy's "apology".

I think the question this time is more appropriately, "Can Obama see Benghazi from the White House?". :mrgreen:

This could be the end for Obama.

All O has to say is "Romney wants to start a war with Iran", then use that to make him look like Bush, and it's all over for him.

All O has to say is "Romney wants to start a war with Iran", then use that to make him look like Bush, and it's all over for him.

Maybe that will work but both campaigns have been fighting over the minutiae regarding Iran. Both campaigns have strikingly similar approaches, despite both campaign's attempts to detail otherwise. The other option is that Obama can use it to show how little Romney differs from him, and make him look like he has no ground to fight on.

I think the question this time is more appropriately, "Can Obama see Benghazi from the White House?". :mrgreen:

The GOP sure can't. . .

In 2009, Mr. Issa voted for an amendment that would have cut nearly 300 diplomatic security positions. And the draconian budgets proposed by Mitt Romney’s running mate, Representative Paul Ryan, would cut foreign affairs spending by 10 percent in 2013 and even more in 2016.

GOP, Paul Ryan cut half a billion dollars from embassy security

Romney was already proved wehy isn't anything close to Bush, people aren't dumb like Obama wishes.

All Romney has to reply is, "Obama has already involved us in a new war in Libya". Really though it's just stupid to make these fantasies up. If you want to be debate prep for Obama, you should have joined the campain and worked your way up through the ranks.

Hey folks...how about waiting till the debater starts? Just an idea...

Romney was already proved wehy isn't anything close to Bush, people aren't dumb like Obama wishes.

Scaring swing voters is very easy :rolleyes: . If it weren't, no GOP pol would ever win an election.

Scaring swing voters is very easy :rolleyes: . If it weren't, no GOP pol would ever win an election.

Give me an example of where conservatives, not GOP, have "scared" swing voters?

i'll be watching most of it.

i'm curious to see if Romney will fully own his support of hawkish neoconservative foreign policy, and i would also like to see Obama offer a good alternative path forward. i'm not optimistic that i will see either.

#1 However will Obama try to deflect from the Benghazi screw-up, if "foreign policy" is the agenda?

#2 However will Obama try to wedge "roads and bridges" and "education" into a foreign policy debate?

Seriously...this debate was the one that scared Obama the most. There are a lot of issues that he simply can't just blow off, or respond with "uh...uh...we, uh...we're not done, and we need four more..uh..years!"

#1 However will Obama try to deflect from the Benghazi screw-up, if "foreign policy" is the agenda?

#2 However will Obama try to wedge "roads and bridges" and "education" into a foreign policy debate?

Seriously...this debate was the one that scared Obama the most. There are a lot of issues that he simply can't just blow off, or respond with "uh...uh...we, uh...we're not done, and we need four more..uh..years!"

Likewise, Romney has no foreign policy, so his comment will be interesting.

Obviously Romney has no record of foreign policy. Obama does, however.

Which is why Obama is going to blow it by coming across as snotty and condescending, which will magnify that latent impression of him already held by all but the sheep in his flock

The president looks ready to go on attack. Very eager to get the microphone.

Love hearing canned **** from both :roll:

Really? "The 80s are calling and want their foreign policy back."??

Back
Top Bottom