• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Female Ranger School student dropped for pregnancy

That 'standard' you described has nothing to do with strength in the great majority of military roles, which is what I wrote.

You want women held to a lower standard, then. Got it.

You can lie all you want... everyone else can read it too.

Again...and for the last time...where does it say the pregnancy was an accident? I have provided sources that demonstrate where people use pregnancies to get out of just this kind of thing. And regardless of whether or not it was an accident you are still avoiding the FACT that this problem ...servicewomen getting pregnant prior to or during mission critical assignments...has been DEMONSTRATED to be real, significant, and have a critical impact on mission readiness.
I am sorry but it is simply highly unlikely that she got pregnant to get out of Ranger school. RS let's a rather small about of women in and the slots are hard to come by. Hell they are hard to gey for males in a lot of units.
To think that she did all the work and preparation to go to RS but then got knocked up to get out of its is silly. Why wouldn't she just say I don't want to go. Or if already there simply quit. Why do you think she would go to the extreme to get out of something she very obviously worked very hard to get.

Simply doesn't pass the common sense test.

I am sorry but it is simply highly unlikely that she got pregnant to get out of Ranger school. RS let's a rather small about of women in and the slots are hard to come by. Hell they are hard to gey for males in a lot of units.
To think that she did all the work and preparation to go to RS but then got knocked up to get out of its is silly. Why wouldn't she just say I don't want to go. Or if already there simply quit. Why do you think she would go to the extreme to get out of something she very obviously worked very hard to get.

Simply doesn't pass the common sense test.
Of course it does...especially when you calculate in the reality that she likely would fail.

Of course it does...especially when you calculate in the reality that she likely would fail.

Wow. That's based on no facts, nothing but male resentment that ANY women can compete with men and succeed as rangers...or as well as men at anything. And that's WITH less physical strength. Sad but this thread reveals that from a few posters...threatened by women capable at the same level as they are.

I don’t know if I missed it, but did you, apdst, attend Ranger School?

So you don't think she knew the failure rate before she worked her butt off before getting her slot to Ranger School. You think she was so scared of Ranger School that rather then just notify her command that she didn't want to go instead decided to spend the next 18 years with a child. But yet somehow rather then quit at the start or simply fail the PT test she went ahead and finished the first phase.

That makes zero sense and if you stopped and thought about it you would realize just how ridiculous it sounds.

Wow. That's based on no facts, nothing but male resentment that ANY women can compete with men and succeed as rangers...or as well as men at anything. And that's WITH less physical strength. Sad but this thread reveals that from a few posters...threatened by women capable at the same level as they are.

Actually while I completely disagree with him about her getting knocked up on purpose and think that idea is ridiculous the reality is she was likely to fail. The majority of women who have been to Ranger School have failed. That would mean she was likely to fail.
Now she might have passed, there is no way we will ever know but simply going by the numbers the odds are she wouldn't have.

Actually while I completely disagree with him about her getting knocked up on purpose and think that idea is ridiculous the reality is she was likely to fail. The majority of women who have been to Ranger School have failed. That would mean she was likely to fail.
Now she might have passed, there is no way we will ever know but simply going by the numbers the odds are she wouldn't have.

i realize that about the % of women that succeed in the rangers. I admire anyone, man or woman, willing to try.

And I read nothing that indicated to me that she wasnt making an honest effort to do so.

i realize that about the % of women that succeed in the rangers. I admire anyone, man or woman, willing to try.

And I read nothing that indicated to me that she wasnt making an honest effort to do so.

Couple things.
One she wasn't really trying to be in the Rangers. That is the 75th Ranger Regiment. She was at Ranger School. Which is just that. A school. To be in the Rangers takes going to RASP not Ranger School. I know this confuses a lot of people not in the Army and even some in. But you can be in virtually any other unit and go to Ranger School and then go back to your unit. Pass or fail.

Second I agree with you about admiring anyone regardless of gender going to Ranger School and not writing. It's a kick in the ass and is not something I would want to do again.

Finally I have zero doubt that she was making a honest effort and life got in the way. The idea that she got pregnant on purpose is simply absurd.

She should have disciplined enough to avoid getting pregnant. She's trying to become a member of one of the most elite infantry regiments in the world. She needs to act like it.

The man who knocked her up needs to be kicked out of Ranger training as well. She didn't make the baby by herself, so he is just as irresponsible as she is.

So you don't think she knew the failure rate before she worked her butt off before getting her slot to Ranger School. You think she was so scared of Ranger School that rather then just notify her command that she didn't want to go instead decided to spend the next 18 years with a child. But yet somehow rather then quit at the start or simply fail the PT test she went ahead and finished the first phase.

That makes zero sense and if you stopped and thought about it you would realize just how ridiculous it sounds.
I think its entirely possible her ego wrote a check she realized she couldnt cash and looked for a way out. Absolutely. Or she could have just been careless. Or she could have used protection and still gotten knocked up. It doesnt really matter. The end result is the same.

I think its entirely possible her ego wrote a check she realized she couldnt cash and looked for a way out. Absolutely. Or she could have just been careless. Or she could have used protection and still gotten knocked up. It doesnt really matter. The end result is the same.

So rather then take any of the much easier ways to get out of Ranger School, tell her command she doesn't want to go, fail the PT test or one of the other physical gates, purposely fail a patrol, not bring an item from the packing list, fake an injury or simply quit at any time she went ahead and finished a third of the course knowing she would not be able to finish the whole course. Sorry no that makes zero sense. And you have zero evidence to support your claim.

Sorry I think I will stick with reality.

So rather then take any of the much easier ways to get out of Ranger School, tell her command she doesn't want to go, fail the PT test or one of the other physical gates, purposely fail a patrol, not bring an item from the packing list, fake an injury or simply quit at any time she went ahead and finished a third of the course knowing she would not be able to finish the whole course. Sorry no that makes zero sense. And you have zero evidence to support your claim.

And as if men dont do exactly the same thing to preserve their own egos...after all...it seems like that's why it even occurred to him. It didnt occur to me.

Women have very little to 'save face' over in the military...esp since it seems alot of people are amazed they manage at all. OTOH, the military is all about men 's achievements and expectations.

The man who knocked her up needs to be kicked out of Ranger training as well. She didn't make the baby by herself, so he is just as irresponsible as she is.

Why. She got pregnant before they left for RS. Soldiers are allowed to have sex and some times accidents happen. Neither one should be punished as they really didn't do anything wrong.

No of course they could have been more careful but that is life. It happens.

She wasn't kicked out as a form of punishment she was dropped because RS is not a place for a pregnant woman and there is a good chance if she had stayed in she would have lost the baby.

I don't disagree.

If they had sex during Ranger training then they both need to get kicked out, pregnancy or not. But given how short Ranger training is it seems implausible the sex act happened during the Ranger course. And soldiers are certainly allowed to have sex when not attending such schools. Her removal from training was a medical decision, not a disciplinary one.

If they had sex during Ranger training then they both need to get kicked out, pregnancy or not. But given how short Ranger training is it seems implausible the sex act happened during the Ranger course. And soldiers are certainly allowed to have sex when not attending such schools. Her removal from training was a medical decision, not a disciplinary one.

Geeeees!

Tell me where in the military regulations that I can look up where having sex while off duty is a UCMJ offense.

OMG

Geeeees!

Tell me where in the military regulations that I can look up where having sex while off duty is a UCMJ offense.

OMG

Yeah, who the hell would enlist if THAT was a rule? I think Howard was under the impression the woman got pregnant AT Ranger school, which would be a violation as sexual fraternization is not allowed DURING those courses.

Since you deflected, I’m gonna guess the answer is no.........

The fact that he knows nothing about it is a really good indicator that he never went. Hell his extreme lack of knowledge brings doubts as to if he was even in the military at all.

You can stick with whatever you like. You will probably also like the other poster avoid the facts as presented which show women in the military have ahistory of getting pregnant to avoid deployments...to the levels that it severely impacts the mission. That IS the point in all this. Not if she did it by accident, on purpose or by ****ing immaculate conception.

Back
Top Bottom