• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Video Game Music

Gathomas88

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
One of the first games I ever played, so you could say that it holds a special place in my memory. :mrgreen:

Not bad for 1996. lol

Last edited:
Another classic (for my PC and console deprived 1990s butt, anyway :lol:).

Kind of cheating on this second one, as it's actually professional symphony music, rather than something specifically made for the game.

Last edited:
This actually reminds me a lot of the Master of Orion 2 theme, which is probably a big part of the reason I got absolutely hooked on the game. :lol:

edit:

A couple more, some actually historical.

Last edited:
Only because I played this game constantly when I was little. The music is so horrible but it's good because it brings back good memories. :)

Really the whole thing, but particularly 20:50.

Another classic (for my PC and console deprived 1990s butt, anyway :lol:).

Kind of cheating on this second one, as it's actually professional symphony music, rather than something specifically made for the game.

Your last one is from Holst's the Planets, War. Good song, but can't be considered video game music. Your first pick is epic, though.

True. I just associate it with the game, as it was the first time I ever heard song. lol

When I here Mars, oddly enough, I think of this old SRPG called Tactics Ogre, and one battle in particular, because the music in that game got boring after a while, so I rocked my head phones, and that music went very well with the game play. And this one battle....I DIED a LOT on, resulting in staying on the one map, hitting repeat on the song.

So, how do I put stuff up here from youtube? Every time I've ever tried, I always end up running into issues with the people that have it load on the tube not letting it be shared...

//www.youtube.com/embed/a6go75O3wFA"

Theme from the Ottoman empire in Total War. Love that game.

When I here Mars, oddly enough, I think of this old SRPG called Tactics Ogre, and one battle in particular, because the music in that game got boring after a while, so I rocked my head phones, and that music went very well with the game play. And this one battle....I DIED a LOT on, resulting in staying on the one map, hitting repeat on the song.

So, how do I put stuff up here from youtube? Every time I've ever tried, I always end up running into issues with the people that have it load on the tube not letting it be shared...

This is by far the best usage of the song I've ever seen. :lol:

As far as I know, linking youtube videos is as easy as just copy and pasting the address into the board's "insert video" function.

If you get the error message, it's probably just a problem with that individual video.

I feel ya, though. Friggin' copyright nazis are a pain. lol

Ok, try try again.

OK, gonna up load a few, now. For the record, I don't play video games much, anymore, but I used to play them a lot, and I used to listen to the themes even more. I credit that for my love of film scores, now. IMO, the best music being composed today. Anyway....

FF7. Don't hate, I'm not a fanboy. It's maybe my 3-4th fav FF to date. But this song is tremendous. There is a LOT of great music from the series, Nobua is one hell of a composer...

FF6 world theme. This one's orchestrated, but, even on the old SNES, this one sounded great. Made those long walks OK, especially as the crescendo builds to the climax, and the trumpets and horns kick in full blast.

This is from Chrono Cross, a turd of a game, that in no way lives up to it's predecessor. But the music was good, and this one song, great.

MUCH better game, and some pretty bad ass SNES character theme music all around, but this one stands out. Everyone likes a bad boy.

Suikoden 2, most bad ass opening theme ever. And an awesome game, to a quirky but good, and long running series.

And some solid boss music, too. This one plays while fighting a vampire, a villain from the first game who made it to the second.

Another oldie. Ogre Battle. Fantastic game, I only regret getting a direct sequel! DAMN YOU, Atlas. Anyway, this is the theme from a "boss" map.

I have a lot of other favorites, but many of them are more common, like Oblivion. Some from games I haven't even played. Thise are just one's that I think likely that many have not heard. And some of them are awesome. So, I figured I'd share them, over others.

Oh, my...there's just so much, how can one decide on a favorite??

Some great music already mentioned...some I hadn't heard...I'm going to add Dishonored to my music player.

Here are some of my favorites:

Just about anything from Final Fantasy...especially if it is orchestrated.
The Battlefield series themes, especially Battlefield 1942.
Medal of Honor series, especially Allied Assault.
Kingdom Hearts

And, of course, ALL of the music from Two Worlds.

Last edited:
HoI3 soundtrack is simply epic (Andreas Waldetoft rocks balls)

Starcraft I soundtrack, just because I've listened to it for many hundreds of hours

Back
Top Bottom