• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fans need to stop with burning jerseys

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I am unsure if this was started from redneck Cleveland fans but the burning of a players jersey is just dumb. I am unsure what America's fascination is with burning things, but this is just plain stupid!!!!

And when you watch this videos you usually see a large group of white people burning a jersey in celebrations. It has shades of a KKK rally.

Ok, we'll stop.

Don't be so suburban.. we can do Starbucks.

Is my coarse, unenlightened upbringing showing again?

We cant do Sambos; the last one is in Santa Barbara and the commute his hell.

I am unsure if this was started from redneck Cleveland fans but the burning of a players jersey is just dumb. I am unsure what America's fascination is with burning things, but this is just plain stupid!!!!

And when you watch this videos you usually see a large group of white people burning a jersey in celebrations. It has shades of a KKK rally.

When I see crap like this, I treat it the same way I do when people are burning the American flag outside my local VA. Which is one of 2 ways.

1. Just shake my head, and look at the sad future service industry workers that will most likely never amount to anything. Aside from letting their fragile little emotions rule their every waking moment.

2. Give it fifteen minutes, the Marines will be coming back from lunch soon... hilarity ensues.

These jackasses are just butt hurt over another person being butt hurt.

Its just a vicious cycle.

I can't say he hasn't earned the hate, but its still pretty stupid to be wasting your time on burning a damn jersey. When you could be out teaching your kids some applicable life values.

Is my coarse, unenlightened upbringing showing again?

We cant do Sambos; the last one is in Santa Barbara and the commute his hell.

I haven't seen one of those in over half a decade so no...

How about waffle house?

Though the closest one here is right across the road from a Papeyes.. so that could be an issue.

I do think it's rather pathetic that even in a thread about sports in the Sports Talk forum you have to make it all about race. I guess you've gotten so used to it that it's hard to write anything different.

Fire pretty.

Didn't you know, white people invented fire?

How about waffle house?

Though the closest one here is right across the road from a Papeyes.. so that could be an issue.

I think we need something more hipster for the liberals.

I find that's usually done when they leave the team as free agents. Do people react this way when anybody changes employers?

Burning jerseys, burning flags, assumptions

In your honor, I'll make sure to burn a jersey.

I burned all my cheatriots gear years ago.

How about waffle house?

Waffle House.. sold!

Sooo disappointed they don't have any out here in Santa Fe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom