• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Putin-linked think tank drew up plan to sway 2016 U.S. election - document (1 Viewer)

Re: Exclusive: Putin-linked think tank drew up plan to sway 2016 U.S. election - docu

Also called moral equivalency and used in partisan politics in the US for a VERY long time...by Democrats. Does that mean they are also in collusion with Putin?

Your evidence is tenuous and circumstantial, not overwhelming.

False equivalencies and attack the messenger is all you seem to do. Thats not evidence...its fallacy. I'm not surprised you don't know the difference, OC. The Russian's depend on low information dupes to spread their lies and propaganda...and you're perfect for the part.

Re: Exclusive: Putin-linked think tank drew up plan to sway 2016 U.S. election - docu

So what does it say about a persons intellect and arguments, that an introduction of additional information would require insulting the person who took the trouble to do so?

Perhaps you could ponder the rationale that would lead you to think attacking someone in such a puerile way would not diminish your credibility.

So you're going to double down on your fallacy with another fallacy, now? Really? :roll:

So you're going to double down on your fallacy with another fallacy, now? Really? :roll:

And you're going to double down on insults? Keep going and credibility will be a forgotten dream.

"...When O'Reilly countered that "Putin is a killer," Trump responded, "There are a lot of killers. You got a lot of killers. What, you think our country is so innocent?"

This particular brand of changing the subject is called "whataboutism" — a simple rhetorical tactic heavily used by the Soviet Union and, later, Russia. And its use in Russia helps illustrate how it could be such a useful tool now, in America. As Russian political experts told NPR, it's an attractive tactic for populists in particular, allowing them to be vague but appear straight-talking at the same time.

A schoolyard taunt, brought to a global level

The idea behind whataboutism is simple: Party A accuses Party B of doing something bad. Party B responds by changing the subject and pointing out one of Party A's faults — "Yeah? Well what about that bad thing you did?" (Hence the name.)

It's not exactly a complicated tactic — any grade-schooler can master the "yeah-well-you-suck-too-so-there" defense. But it came to be associated with the USSR because of the Soviet Union's heavy reliance upon whataboutism throughout the Cold War and afterward, as Russia...."

Trump Embraces One Of Russia's Favorite Propaganda Tactics ? Whataboutism : NPR

You seem to use the 'whataboutism' tactic to change the subject quite a bit, hanger4. In fact, you talk just like a Russian tool.

For your viewing pleasure....

Trump's campaign tactics, trolls strengthened Russia's election meddling, expert says - ABC News

I haven't changed the subject Moot, simply mentioned that the Obama administration essentially did the the same in Israel and you could careless. Consistency Moot, consistency.

You're not going to find stories on GOPs trying to change the rules for allocating electoral college votes in NE, NH, MN, VA, MI and PA on a right-wing site.

It's being called gerrymandering the electoral college and would have given trump 5 more EVs in MN and 6 more EVs in VA, both Clinton states.

Nor will you find stories on court battles over GOP gerrymandered maps being ruled unconstitutional on RW sites .

Thats what social media is good for....posting stories the GOP try to avoid and don't want their voters to see. Why not, thats what the Russians did?

The headlines are exploding with the Russian meddling in the US election...and it's going to be very difficult for anyone to ignore it.

Maybe Israel should investigate that. It was their election. What about our election? Should we not investigate because....look, Obama!

It's not a matter of "but Obama", it's a matter of consistency. Don't complain about one while ignoring the same in another.

False equivalencies and attack the messenger is all you seem to do. Thats not evidence...its fallacy. I'm not surprised you don't know the difference, OC. The Russian's depend on low information dupes to spread their lies and propaganda...and you're perfect for the part.

That's my point. You are basing your belief on a false equivalency already.

Your Republicans invented false equivalency as we know it on 11/4/2008 .

Nah, Bush years, used extensively. C'mon Nimby, you know better. Goes even further back.

I haven't changed the subject Moot, simply mentioned that the Obama administration essentially did the the same in Israel and you could careless. Consistency Moot, consistency.

So what part of "whataboutism" don't you understand? This thread isn't about Obama....comrade. It's about the Russians meddling in OUR election. So you can either talk about that...or go away. Comprende?

That's my point. You are basing your belief on a false equivalency already.

Nuh uh...you are. :roll:

How many years was Benghazi investigated with no evidence of wrongdoing? Where was your outrage then?

How many years did Hillary fail to comply with all relevant docs ??

How many years did Hillary fail to comply with all relevant docs ??

How many years of tax returns has djt shown us, after his promises? trump is writing DEM campaign ads for elections from 5.2.17 until 11.6.18 .

So what part of "whataboutism" don't you understand? This thread isn't about Obama....comrade. It's about the Russians meddling in OUR election. So you can either talk about that...or go away. Comprende?

You might want to review your title;

"Exclusive: Putin-linked think tank drew up plan to sway 2016 U.S. election - document"

Think tank drew up a plan, reckon the Obama administration drew up a plan when they meddled in Israel election ??

Your double standards are showing.

How many years of tax returns has djt shown us, after his promises? trump is writing DEM campaign ads for elections from 5.2.17 until 11.6.18 .

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Will remain relevant for the next 18+ months and be an albatross for every GOP candidate ;

Will remain relevant for the next 18+ months and be an albatross for every GOP candidate ;

It's irrelevant to my response to your post.

Your diversion is noted.

Thats what social media is good for....posting stories the GOP try to avoid and don't want their voters to see. Why not, thats what the Russians did?

The headlines are exploding with the Russian meddling in the US election...and it's going to be very difficult for anyone to ignore it.

The Green Papers: United States Off Year Election 2017 is all data, no blog and a great source for election facts; if you click on SC CD-5, you can already see who has disbursed the most money, therefore who is likely to win the individual party primaries; though SC has a 50% + 1 rule for the party primaries, different from the GA jungle primary;

When Chaffetz came up, and you mentioned his CD was gerrymandered, I just typed in a few words and up popped the map of his CD and you could see that part of Salt Lake County in his CD where Dr. Allen is from;

I have to give dailykos credit for the awesome work they've done on such features as 'POTUS vote by CD', they're currently working on POTUS vote by state legislatures; they're also leading the way nationwide for small dollar donations; I use HuffPo also along with politico;

once in a while I'll look at RW sites to see what these guys are being fed ;

It's irrelevant to my response to your post.

Your diversion is noted.

Are you sure trump's taxes aren't related to Russia ?

Nuh uh...you are. :roll:

Do you think you could actually respond to my posts and have a dialogue? The one liner snarky BS is just tiring.

Are you sure trump's taxes aren't related to Russia ?

I'm sure Hillary's failure to comply to the Bengahazi hearings is not relevant to Trumps personal tax returns.

:roll:

It's not a matter of "but Obama", it's a matter of consistency. Don't complain about one while ignoring the same in another.

The elections in Israel are of no concern to me as I am not Israeli. I am an American, therefore elections here do concern me.

I'm sure Hillary's failure to comply to the Bengahazi hearings is not relevant to Trumps personal tax returns.

:roll:

Clinton did testify to the commission. Will Trump testify to this one?

The elections in Israel are of no concern to me as I am not Israeli. I am an American, therefore elections here do concern me.

Are you missing the point intentionally or is it over your head ??

You're complaining about Russia meddling yet could careless when the US does the same.
Do you understand the meaning of hypocrisy ??

Are you missing the point intentionally or is it over your head ??

You're complaining about Russia meddling yet could careless when the US does the same.
Do you understand the meaning of hypocrisy ??

So you tacitly admit that Putin did interfere. But it's ok because Obama?

Clinton did testify to the commission. Will Trump testify to this one?

Lawdy, you're all over the place. Focus rocket88, focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom