• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive poll: 62% of NFL fans plan to watch less football

Would you say that if they waved Confederate flags at the games?

If they did, I'm sure you and the other Trumpettes would support that protest.

You could not be more wrong they love our country and they don't like seeing players take a knee during the national anthem.
The NFL made a major mistake by allowing what happened. Many feel they are disrespecting our flag!!

Dumb people feel that way. Most of these people didn't care that much until you-know-who opened his mouth. They are bigger fans of Trump than they are of football.

Protesting the national flag to talk about injustice of city cops, who exactly is doing the conflating here?

It is actually an excellent leverage point: successful blacks standing up (though kneeling in this case) for the cause of social justice, just when they have the broadest audience, including those that are oblivious to the issue. They are respecting the flag by exercising their hard fought right of free speech; being quiet and reverent, but in a "half staff" way, ostensibly saying that America is a great country, but needs some improvement......

What is more American then the exercise of free political speech?

Last edited:
It is actually an excellent leverage point.

That doesn't change the fact that the anthem, the flag and what it represents are completely unrelated to police violence.

That doesn't change the fact that the anthem, the flag and what it represents are completely unrelated to police violence.

I thought I was reasonably clear in what I said..... its an effective leverage point to create awareness and a dialogue for the issue at hand. They are saying that
America has some warts.

I thought I was reasonably clear in what I said..... its an effective leverage point to create awareness and a dialogue for the issue at hand. They are saying that
America has some warts.

Not when half the population completely ignores what you have to say because you choose a something complete unrelated to your message

It's fascist to show respect to the troops we lost?

That is great, but the flag is NOT about troops lost. This idea that the flag belongs to the US military is poppy-****.

Not when half the population completely ignores what you have to say because you choose a something complete unrelated to your message

Sorry, but people are talking about it, largely because Trump* decided to amplify the issue. It seems to be highly effecetive. We are always going to have the uneducated that just don't get it, but for thinking Americans, this has been very effective....especially since Trump* decided to really put it in the for front.

Sorry, but people are talking about it, largely because Trump* decided to amplify the issue. It seems to be highly effecetive. We are always going to have the uneducated that just don't get it, but for thinking Americans, this has been very effective....especially since Trump* decided to really put it in the for front.

People are talking about the anthem not about whatever the players are protesting it's actually unknown what many of the players are protesting since they haven't said anything

People are talking about the anthem not about whatever the players are protesting it's actually unknown what many of the players are protesting since they haven't said anything

I guarantee their is far more awareness of the issue today than there was a month ago.... Trump* has been the biggest friend to the Kaepernick cause to date.

I guarantee their is far more awareness of the issue today than there was a month ago.... Trump* has been the biggest friend to the Kaepernick cause to date.

:rofl: "the issue" "the Kaepernick cause" you don't seem to have a handle on what they are protesting either

That is great, but the flag is NOT about troops lost. This idea that the flag belongs to the US military is poppy-****.

Those troops died for that flag. Honoring their sacrifice isn't poppy-****.

I don’t think it’s put black perceived injustices within the system in the forefront. I think it’s put football players in the spotlight. The argument being made is not about injustice. It’s about football bringing politics into the game and the appropriateness of THAT.

Ive hardly watched any football. About a quarter of MNF at a bar in DC a few weeks back and the same in San Antonio a week ago. I dont miss it. Makes it harder to stay on top of the whole Fantasy Football thing...but...I can live without that too eventually.

To me...the whole thing has just gotten stale. Talent levels are down, im not a big fan of the whole "show your ass-you did your job" crap on every play, the protest thing isnt really hurting but its ot really helping. I'll follow the scores...read up on the Seahawks, Broncos, and Patriots games...other than that...meh.

I don’t think it’s put black perceived injustices within the system in the forefront. I think it’s put football players in the spotlight. The argument being made is not about injustice. It’s about football bringing politics into the game and the appropriateness of THAT.

But that's a BS cover and you know it. The kerfuffle is because "Trump say football bad."

You're trying to make me the hypocrite. Because it will gloss over your hypocrisy.

It would hilarious to watch you people do a sudden 180° turn on free speech, if that happened. :lamo

I'm not a hypocrite, because I've never claimed they don't have the right to do their silly little protest. I haven't said that there should be concequences. What I am doing, is excercising my right to call them ****ing idiots for disrespecting the flag and the country.

It would hilarious to watch you people do a sudden 180° turn on free speech, if that happened. :lamo

I'm not a hypocrite, because I've never claimed they don't have the right to do their silly little protest. I haven't said that there should be concequences. What I am doing, is excercising my right to call them ****ing idiots for disrespecting the flag and the country.

I would say waving the flag of an enemy to the United States is disrespectful.

I have never said I agreed with the protest, just that Trump is an idiot for making it a big deal and the Trumpettes are idiots for suddenly saying they're going to boycott.

The protests only irritate me.

But but but you died defending the freedoms of all these people's rights and freedoms, the entire world, not to mention Mars and Jupiter, our whole planetary system and all other planetary systems in the universe!!

But that's a BS cover and you know it. The kerfuffle is because "Trump say football bad."

I don’t know why you say that’s a BS cover. I agree, if that’s what you’re saying, that players are NOW demonstrating about Trump. But fan dialogue isn’t about Trump or perceived injustice or anything else. It’s about bringing politics into football. The narrative is only that. No one is arguing there are or not injustices. That’s what I meant.

Back
Top Bottom