• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Everyday Americans in Both Parties are tired of legalized abortion.. here is proof

narrowroad

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Everyday Americans in Both Parties are tired of abortion.. here is proof

Trump got elected

(Then b4 him there was the pro life Ronald Reagan.. George Bush)

I am sure some pro abortion people voted for those presidents

I find it interesting that.. I mean, some act like a majority are pro-abortion or at least think it should be legal in the first early stages of pregnancy

but it looks like ... at best, keeping abortion legal

is NOT uppermost in most everyday Americans' minds

The proof is in the fact that so many Americans vote for pro life presidents.

Reagan won a landslide victory in 84

I am sure Trump will also...

Legalized abortion is NOT popular among We the People.

Trump got elected

I find it interesting that.. I mean, some act like a majority are pro-abortion or at least think it should be legal in the first early stages of pregnancy

If you contend that the elsction was a referendum on abortion you have to admit that most Americans are pro-choice, since most voted against Trump.

I fully support a woman's or transgender female's right to an abortion. I'd even pay for it in the case of the latter.

If you contend that the elsction was a referendum on abortion you have to admit that most Americans are pro-choice, since most voted against Trump.

most of the electoral voters did not

I trust them far more than... say, 20 to 30% of Americans

that %age will always vote the wrong way.. will actually believe what they hear on fake news cnn and etc....

but thank God 4 the more educated/more enlightend people in the electoral college..........................

most of the electoral voters did not

I trust them far more than... say, 20 to 30% of Americans

that %age will always vote the wrong way.. will actually believe what they hear on fake news cnn and etc....

but thank God 4 the more educated/more enlightend people in the electoral college..........................

Are you saying the electoral college should decide the abortion issue?

Are you saying the electoral college should decide the abortion issue?

That works for me. Whatever method gets it made illegal.

Tired of the flip-flopping, more likely

Trump got elected

You want the US Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade? Without overturning or otherwise addressing all the precedents that preceded & led up to Roe? Or are you proposing pushing through a Constitutional Amendment to address this one issue? A constitutional amendment would likely take decades, with no guarantee that it would ultimately deliver.

I thought all the polling since the 1980s or so indicated that most US voters want abortion to be legal & available, just in case it's needed. Did that change?

Didn't Trump go back & forth on abortion? Sometimes for it, sometimes against? (I've quit paying attention to what Trump claims to support anymore - it's too variable over the short haul, for my taste. & too confusing, to have to be constantly updating whatever his last word was on any given topic - just to come back some [brief] time later, & revise it yet again; & always [always!] for the very last, cross-my-heart-&-hope-to-die time.)

Trump got elected

I'm pro-life but this thread is one of the most ill-conceived premises for a point I've seen in a while.

If it is ever made illegal, you lot will have won a victory that destroys personal rights and this country.

Re: Tired of the flip-flopping, more likely

You want the US Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade? Without overturning or otherwise addressing all the precedents that preceded & led up to Roe? Or are you proposing pushing through a Constitutional Amendment to address this one issue? A constitutional amendment would likely take decades, with no guarantee that it would ultimately deliver.

I thought all the polling since the 1980s or so indicated that most US voters want abortion to be legal & available, just in case it's needed. Did that change?

Didn't Trump go back & forth on abortion? Sometimes for it, sometimes against? (I've quit paying attention to what Trump claims to support anymore - it's too variable over the short haul, for my taste. & too confusing, to have to be constantly updating whatever his last word was on any given topic - just to come back some [brief] time later, & revise it yet again; & always [always!] for the very last, cross-my-heart-&-hope-to-die time.)

Roe v Wade will not be overturned. States are moving forward in the unlikely event feds decide they no longer want to fund abortions.

Roe v Wade will not be overturned. States are moving forward in the unlikely event feds decide they no longer want to fund abortions.

If it is I will immediately push in my state for forced organ donation, starting with church going conservatives. Further, I'd push for a law requiring all Christian's to be forced into being foster parents.

If Christian's can **** on separation of church and state so can the rest of us.

If it is ever made illegal, you lot will have won a victory that destroys personal rights and this country.

Yes, I wish to destroy any notion of personal rights that includes free murder.

If it is I will immediately push in my state for forced organ donation, starting with church going conservatives. Further, I'd push for a law requiring all Christian's to be forced into being foster parents.

If Christian's can **** on separation of church and state so can the rest of us.

Abortion is not an issue of church and state. A law banning abortion would be a secular law that applies to all people equally regardless of their religious affiliations or lack thereof

Trump got elected

You’re living in a fantasy world.

Abortion | Gallup Historical Trends

Abortion Poll: Majority Wants To Keep Abortion Legal, But With Restrictions : NPR

Abortion | Pew Research Center

New Poll from the Center for Reproductive Rights: 6 in 10 Americans Support Federal Law to Protect Abortion Access | Center for Reproductive Rights

Support for legal abortion matches its 24-year high: Poll - ABC News

And on, and on , and on .....

Abortion is not an issue of church and state. A law banning abortion would be a secular law that applies to all people equally regardless of their religious affiliations or lack thereof

No. Its founded in theocracy. You know that.

Now that's news. Did the Hyde Amendment go away? Not that I recall, & I'm sure I would have noticed. US federal funding can only be used for abortion in a very limited set of circumstances. Rape, incest, possibly if the life of the woman is endangered by carrying to term.

Its not murder. Two persons arent involved.

Yes, two persons are involved.

You cannot make a single logical argument for why a baby is not a person.

Yes, two persons are involved. You cannot make a single logical argument for why a baby is not a person.
Of course we can, but it is common knowledge that an unborn fetus is not a baby.

More than 60% of Americans believe in the right of regulated abortion. Another 20% believe it should be on demand.

I'm pro-life but this thread is one of the most ill-conceived premises for a point I've seen in a while.

That is a very polite way of saying "bull****". Kudos

Of course we can, but it is common knowledge that an unborn fetus is not a baby.

More than 60% of Americans believe in the right of regulated abortion. Another 20% believe it should be on demand.

No it’s not common knowledge, it’s an illogical self serving position by a political faction.
So is your argument the moral value of life is based solely on polling data?

We know your opinion of universal suffrage. And of abortion. Tell me, do you think making abortion illegal will stop abortion? See, way I see it the issue isn't a woman's right to abortion, It's her right to safe abortion. Abortions will happen. Question is, do you think it should involve punishment? Like, built-in punishment, as in a woman suffering a back-alley procedure has brought her punishment on herself. Is that how you see it?

We know your opinion of universal suffrage. And of abortion. Tell me, do you think making abortion illegal will stop abortion? See, way I see it the issue isn't a woman's right to abortion, It's her right to safe abortion. Abortions will happen. Question is, do you think it should involve punishment? Like, built-in punishment, as in a woman suffering a back-alley procedure has brought her punishment on herself. Is that how you see it?

Well I’ll answer your second question in a minute, but before I dig into the sophistry let’s establish the moral principle you’re applying here, do you believe that any law should be repealed the minute someone violates it?

You’re using the same logic as the pro-second amendment extremists like the sort I used to be “well people will violate a law anyway” so what? The point isn’t whether or not someone will violate it. The point is to create a statement that x behavior is immoral.

But since you’re asking me do I believe making abortion illegal will stop it, well of course not. But that doesn’t matter. Are you willing to broadly declare laws should only be passed if there will be 100% compliance? You’re a union dude, do you think laws regulating your labor rights should all be repealed because employers violate labor laws all the time? Please explain the limiting principle where you presumably believe abortion should be legal because some women and doctors will violate the law but screwing you on your wages is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom