• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ESPN Suspended Linda Cohn, Let Jemele Hill Slide

volsrock

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Another prominent employee who also requested anonymity stated, “If I’d said Obama got elected because he was black is there any way I’d still be employed here? No chance. But Jemele can say Trump got elected because of white racists and no one does anything? They protect the people they agree with politically. They give them better jobs, more money, everyone can see it.”

Another employee recently contacted Outkick and said, “I pretend I’m a Democrat so I can keep my job here. And there are others just like me. We’re like a secret society inside ESPN.”

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-suspended-linda-cohn-let-jemele-hill-slide/

Another prominent employee who also requested anonymity stated, “If I’d said Obama got elected because he was black is there any way I’d still be employed here? No chance. But Jemele can say Trump got elected because of white racists and no one does anything? They protect the people they agree with politically. They give them better jobs, more money, everyone can see it.”

Another employee recently contacted Outkick and said, “I pretend I’m a Democrat so I can keep my job here. And there are others just like me. We’re like a secret society inside ESPN.”

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-suspended-linda-cohn-let-jemele-hill-slide/

It seems mighty strange to me that ESPN apologizes for bigoted and stupid and bigoted and stupid does not, and still keeps her job.

If I’d said Obama got elected because he was black is there any way I’d still be employed here? No chance. But Jemele can say Trump got elected because of white racists and no one does anything?

Not the same thing. "White racists", haha.

What's the ulterior motive here?

Not the same thing as what?

Saying that Obama was elected merely because he is black and that racists supported Trump is not the same thing at all.

So, what's this thread about?

Attempting to counteract the natural advantage that being white gives you in virtually all scenarios is not racism or anti-white.

African Americans only make up 12% of the population of the United States whereas white people are closer to 73% so when it comes to Jobs that require popularity to obtain them(President of the United States and Media personality both qualify) white people are already at a natural advantage for aquiring those jobs.

It would be mathematically impossible for a job like President or News Anchor to be won entirely on the basis of the candidate being black, there are not enough African Americans in the country to push that candidate over the top with their personal bias alone. Even if you believe that 100% of the African Americans that voted for President Obama did so only due to his skin color it would still require about 35% of white people to vote for him based upon other reasons. Even if you believe only about 20% of white people voted against President Obama for absolutely no other reason than the fact that he is black that still would mean that President Obama's skin color alone gave him a net disadvantage.

So claiming President Obama only got elected because he was Black would be an absolutely idiotic statement that could mathematically be demonstrated to be false.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-or-income-inequality/?utm_term=.bdfcbb511079

Conversely statistical analysis of voter sentiments confirms unequivocally that racism among whites were huge drivers in their decisions to vote for Trump. There is no way on gods green earth Obama could have gotten away with making almost any of the horribly disgusting statements that Trump made. Anybody who believes that is delusional.

Maybe you should actually read what Jamele Hill said before you post

Maybe you should read what I quoted before you post.

Last edited:
Maybe you should read what I quoted before you post.

I know what you quoted, but the OP was paraphrasing what Hill said and they were the exactly same things

I know what you quoted, but the OP was paraphrasing what Hill said and they were the exactly same things

Plenty of presidents would not have been elected if they were a minority, thus were only elected because they were white. So what?

Saying that Obama was elected merely because he is black and that racists supported Trump is not the same thing at all.

So, what's this thread about?

Attempting to counteract the natural advantage that being white gives you in virtually all scenarios is not racism or anti-white.

African Americans only make up 12% of the population of the United States whereas white people are closer to 73% so when it comes to Jobs that require popularity to obtain them(President of the United States and Media personality both qualify) white people are already at a natural advantage for aquiring those jobs.

It would be mathematically impossible for a job like President or News Anchor to be won entirely on the basis of the candidate being black, there are not enough African Americans in the country to push that candidate over the top with their personal bias alone. Even if you believe that 100% of the African Americans that voted for President Obama did so only due to his skin color it would still require about 35% of white people to vote for him based upon other reasons. Even if you believe only about 20% of white people voted against President Obama for absolutely no other reason than the fact that he is black that still would mean that President Obama's skin color alone gave him a net disadvantage.

So claiming President Obama only got elected because he was Black would be an absolutely idiotic statement that could mathematically be demonstrated to be false.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-or-income-inequality/?utm_term=.bdfcbb511079

Conversely statistical analysis of voter sentiments confirms unequivocally that racism among whites were huge drivers in their decisions to vote for Trump. There is no way on gods green earth Obama could have gotten away with making almost any of the horribly disgusting statements that Trump made. Anybody who believes that is delusional.

Plenty of presidents would not have been elected if they were a minority, thus were only elected because they were white. So what?

This isn't about your lame racism attempts, it's about discriminatory employment practices at ESPN. If you claim that one President only got elected because he was black and get fired for it and then someone else claims that another President only got elected because he white and doesn't get fired, that's using discriminatory employment practices. I know that you can only see that someone said something bad Pres. Trump and that should get a free pass in your mind, but for once at least TRY to have some level of objectivity.

This isn't about your lame racism attempts, it's about discriminatory employment practices at ESPN. If you claim that one President only got elected because he was black and get fired for it and then someone else claims that another President only got elected because he white and doesn't get fired, that's using discriminatory employment practices. I know that you can only see that someone said something bad Pres. Trump and that should get a free pass in your mind, but for once at least TRY to have some level of objectivity.

Whites are not a disadvantaged minority. So it's different.

There u have it folks

Two sets of rules are applied...amazing

One rule, two situations. Your inability to differentiate the situations is funny. You and a handful of so-called deplorables have a problem with this. ESPN and the rest of the world is not wrong; there is a difference. Perhaps you have a citation other than "outkickthecoverage" having a problem with the decisions.

Whites are not a disadvantaged minority. So it's different.

No, it isn't. In fact, claiming such a thing makes it worse. All that does is allow you to legally discriminate. Discrimination should be pretty cut and dried - no protected classes. Using your logic, a black cafe owner could put up "Blacks Only" sign and it would be perfectly fine. That's wrong and discriminatory and we should be fighting against ALL forms of discrimination.

This isn't about your lame racism attempts, it's about discriminatory employment practices at ESPN. If you claim that one President only got elected because he was black and get fired for it and then someone else claims that another President only got elected because he white and doesn't get fired, that's using discriminatory employment practices.
No, it is not. It's called holding your employees accountable for intellectual honesty. One of those statements is supported absolutely by facts, the other is dilusional nonsense.

I know that you can only see that someone said something bad Pres. Trump and that should get a free pass in your mind, but for once at least TRY to have some level of objectivity.

Donald Trump is an evil person. He is a racist. He is a misogynist. His beliefs do in fact run contrary to the founding ideals of this country. These are objective facts based upon all the evidence available. Your inability to accept the truth does not make my conclusions any less objective.

In a country that was founded on the belief that "all men are created equal," you cannot support a candidate who supports a policy that treats some men less equally based upon the way in which they were created and still claim you love your country.

No, it isn't. In fact, claiming such a thing makes it worse. All that does is allow you to legally discriminate. Discrimination should be pretty cut and dried - no protected classes. Using your logic, a black cafe owner could put up "Blacks Only" sign and it would be perfectly fine. That's wrong and discriminatory and we should be fighting against ALL forms of discrimination.

A handful of people can't understand the difference. Well, I think they could but they don't bother. There is a lot more to saying someone was elected out of some kind of mis-perceived charity (affirmative action/"white guilt") and because they represent the majority race.

Those things are very different and carry different implications and impacts on society.

One just needs to think a little, ponder a bit, show the slightest trace of intellectual curiosity to see it.

However, there is an ulterior motive. I dunno the motive of anyone here, but I'll bet the motive of "outkickthecoverage" is to claim "blacks get all the breaks, whites are treated unfairly, whites are the real victims, the true minorities".

So spare me the victim sob story.

One rule, two situations. Your inability to differentiate the situations is funny. You and a handful of so-called deplorables have a problem with this

Guess thats why ESPN apologized

Guess thats why ESPN apologized

Well, there shouldn't be politics at ESPN at all. I watch it for sports. I get politics plenty of places.

Got another citation that has a problem in comparing the two events?

This isn't about your lame racism attempts, it's about discriminatory employment practices at ESPN. If you claim that one President only got elected because he was black and get fired for it and then someone else claims that another President only got elected because he white and doesn't get fired, that's using discriminatory employment practices. .

Black privilege.

you have to assume that a white voter did not vote for Obama because he was black. I disagree it is my opinion that a percent of white voters also voted Obama just to see s black president

Although I agree it's probably not enough to be a determining factor in itself

So what? Trump is, indeed, a white supremacist who surrounded himself with other white supremacists, which is what she stated.

Why do you hate reality?

So what? Trump is, indeed, a white supremacist who surrounded himself with other white supremacists, which is what she stated.

Why do you hate reality?

Prove Trump thinks this way

Definition of white supremacist

:a person who believes that the white race is inherently superior to other races and that white people should have control over people of other races

I'd say maybe the mentally or physically handicapped are disadvantaged not, Blacks, Hispanics or Asians.

Do you imagine mutual exclusivity and, if so, why?

Back
Top Bottom