• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Election Discussion - US State Governors

YES! My state just flipped to Dem Governor. Steve Pearce the republican candidate is such a big oil shill. Stood for nothing much other than that.

Desantis is a flawed candidate, but Gillum was even worse. Scott was a horrible candidate as well. Living in SW FL as I do, the red tide and the bacteria flow from the lake had better be one of Desantis' top priorities or he'll be out next election.

obviously I disagree, but i still stand by what I said. Lazy Dem voters hand what should have been an easy victory to the GOP by not voting in the numbers they should.

obviously I disagree, but i still stand by what I said. Lazy Dem voters hand what should have been an easy victory to the GOP by not voting in the numbers they should.

https://twitter.com/SamWangPhD/status/1060005925233270784

The NYT currently projects a national popular-vote margin of D+9.2%. The largest popular margin since 2008, larger than waves of 1994, 2006, 2010, 2014.

1994: R+7.1%
2006: D+8.0%
2008: D+10.6%
2010: R+7.2%
2014: R+5.7%

By historical standards, this a popular wave.

Gillum up slightly in FL with 33% in. Never thought I'd see the day FL would have a competitive AA governor candidate, but here we are.

Who the **** would want to vote for that corrupt schmuck? He's been caught red-handed doing dirty deeds and he crapped up Tallahassee.

Must be some of the braindeads of Florida.

Who the **** would want to vote for that corrupt schmuck? He's been caught red-handed doing dirty deeds and he crapped up Tallahassee.

Must be some of the braindeads of Florida.

you saw the Trump worshipping garbage he was up against, right?

Desantis is a flawed candidate, but Gillum was even worse. Scott was a horrible candidate as well. Living in SW FL as I do, the red tide and the bacteria flow from the lake had better be one of Desantis' top priorities or he'll be out next election.

Desantis is better then having a Governor who might be arrested before his first term is over.

I agree. he has to take care of it and those those sugar producers under control.
i think it is too close.

at least gillium if something weird happens is capped on raising taxes like he wants to do.

DeSantis, IF he does a great job for FL as the next gov. almost guarantees the POTUS a second term.

He has better work hard for FL....

IN a rematch from the 2010 AG's race where long time RINO Mike DeWine upset AG Richard Cordray, I figured Cordray would win. However, I was wrong and unlike 2010-when the NRA supported Dem Cordray, all the gun groups endorsed DeWine-mainly due to his running mate who had a great pro gun resume, while Cordray's running mate-Sutton-was somewhat anti gun. DeWine has now been declared the winner and it appears the GOP took all the other big state level races

DeSantis, IF he does a great job for FL as the next gov. almost guarantees the POTUS a second term.

He has better work hard for FL....

Thank goodness Florida didn't nominate that crook for governor.

Thank goodness Florida didn't nominate that crook for governor.

It's for the best. Gillum is going to be plenty busy trying to stay out of a Federal jail.

Kemp beat Abrams by about 200,000 votes, after purging about 300,000 voters from the rolls. I'm moving further to the left every ****ing election cycle, and I haven't changed my mind on a single issue in three years.

file.jpg

Oh, and just to preempt the inevitable: voter fraud doesn't happen enough to justify purging voter rolls.

It's looking like Connecticut may elect a Republican governor.

Desantis wins Gov for FL.

It looks like Scott Walker is going to squeak by and get re-elected in Wisconsin.

Amazing... Gov. Walker pulls ahead of Evers for the first time.
93% in, Walker up by 2,000 votes.

Too close to call, but what blue wall?

Karl Rove noted that the liberal bastions votes have already come in while the more conservative areas are still to fully report. he noted that Walker has been battled tested and his campaign machine is really well oiled.

The one that has the Dems taking 5 Governorships away from repubs so far.

The one that has the Dems taking 5 Governorships away from repubs so far.

Let's observe the Dem failure in Florida. Race-baiting and being a crooked mayor just doesn't get the job done apparently.

Dems flip another governship in Maine.

The previous bigot governor Paul LePage immediately said upon ending his term that he will be moving to Florida. No joke.

Let's observe the Dem failure in Florida. Race-baiting and being a crooked mayor just doesn't get the job done apparently.

The radical nutcase in Georgia apparently losing to Kemp in Ga/ Several commentators noting Kemp ran a nasty campaign but when Abrams started saying she was going to confiscate guns, that killed her chances in Ga.

Back
Top Bottom