• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

El Paso congresswoman says Trump 'not welcome' in the city after mass shooting

Wow! Who would have though that so much would hang on the word "most"? No, Trump didn't use the word "most". He generalized. He said Mexico was sending rapists and murderers. That actually implies that they were all rapists, so he walked back the generalization by saying he, supposed, some were good people. Now I think that the implication that All minus Some (who might or might not be rapists and murderers) equals Most. To me the implication is clear. You might not agree, which is certainly your prerogative.

Trump did not "walk back" anything - it was a single statement addressing the folks illegally crossing our southern border and you are indeed "implying" or "interpreting" its meaning to suit your outrage. Indeed, we do disagree which is why neither of our opinions about that Trump statement are "fact". Why, exactly, am I supposed to accept your "implication" yet you are free to reject mine?

My biggest complaint about that particular nugget of TrumpSpeak was that Mexico (or its government) was sending these people which he has no proof or evidence of - if some loons from the US decide to go to the ME to join ISIS is that akin to the USA (or Trump) sending them to do so?

It's my opinion that Trump is no more responsible for mass shootings/killings than Obama was when they happened while he was president. Or G.W. Bush while he was president or Bill Clinton or G.H.W. Bush or Reagan on back.

For me the responsibility lies with those who aren't willing and don't care to find out what went wrong with our society since the 1960's Since the 1960's mass shootings/killings has sky rocketed. We have a cancer in our society that basically began to form in the 60's. A cancer no one in my estimation is willing to find the cause of. To cure that cancer we need to know the cause, the reasons, we need to dig deep. We don't need to gloss over the causes or even ignore them and hope some aspirin type cure will solve the problem. Believe me, it takes more than an aspirin to cure a cancer.

Now they are doing the same with Trumps use of the word "invasion". They put "hispanic" in front of it and put quotes around both words asserting that Trump actually spoke them. ALL in a concerted and coordinated effort between liberal politicians and their media to stoke as much racist fear and hatred that they possibly can.

There's no need to do any stoking. He is a blatant traitorous racist that constantly deludes himself that he isn't racist. We all know it, but him? Who knows how far down the delusional hole he is by now, and also slipping into senility by the way.
Just stop. Stop the denial now, and admit he is a racist so we can all stop dealing with the absolutely ridiculous denial.

Trump did not "walk back" anything - it was a single statement addressing the folks illegally crossing our southern border and you are indeed "implying" or "interpreting" its meaning to suit your outrage. Indeed, we do disagree which is why neither of our opinions about that Trump statement are "fact". Why, exactly, am I supposed to accept your "implication" yet you are free to reject mine?

My biggest complaint about that particular nugget of TrumpSpeak was that Mexico (or its government) was sending these people which he has no proof or evidence of - if some loons from the US decide to go to the ME to join ISIS is that akin to the USA (or Trump) sending them to do so?

Where did I say that you were supposed to accept anything? If you don't see it, you don't see it. End of story.

Now they are doing the same with Trumps use of the word "invasion". They put "hispanic" in front of it and put quotes around both words asserting that Trump actually spoke them. ALL in a concerted and coordinated effort between liberal politicians and their media to stoke as much racist fear and hatred that they possibly can.

IMHO, Trump's immigration policy/law enforcement "priorities" are FUBAR. Both the foreign national folks seeking work and contraband (mainly "recreational" drugs) coming across our southern border are entirely in response to a US demand for them. Our response (policy to stop/reduce that flow) should be focused on reducing that illegal US demand.

Yet what do we (or Trump) do about that US demand? Basically nothing - we do not stop US employers (job creators?) from using "undocumented" workers to increase their profits (by imposing an eVerify mandate) nor do we prosecute those who buy/possess personal use quantities of "recreational" drugs, in fact, the opposite is happening - we are actually decriminalizing the possession of "illegal" drugs and wondering why that fuels a multi-billion dollar "recreational" drug industry run entirely by criminals many of which are involved in violent street gang activity.

At one time the office of presidency did have a element of class.

You will probably disagree and I understand. But the current office holder in the White House has resembled a 5th grader with a twitter account. I don't think Trump or a Maxine Waters would be comforting to anyone in El Paso.

Just because someone won an election doesn't means they automatically inherit respect. Respect is earned. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

As always, I make the distinction between the Office of the Presidency and its temporary occupant. This is why I never posted hateful personal comments about former President Obama. Or any other President. I agree that personal respect has to be earned, and I can see why many don't respect Trump. But there is a difference between criticizing the man and/or his policies and disrespecting the Office. When the President, and I don't care who it is, visits a city, its elected reps and local dignitaries should show up and be cordial and appreciative, not making political hay. The shootings in El Paso are tragedies that shouldn't be exploited by anybody.

I'm not even remotely conversant with the dynamics at play in much of America, but I have to say that it is comments like those of this Congresswoman that do nothing to reshape the cultural cancer that is infecting much of American dialogue and discourse today. You have a duly elected President of your country who hasn't had a minute in office during which he hasn't been constantly under attempts to both delegitimize his election and paint him as a racist and worse for every utterance. Is it any wonder that many who support this President feel that their leader, their country, is under attack and attempts to destroy both? Is it any wonder that when the President attempts to stem the flood of illegal aliens through America's southern border and his opponents flat out encourage that flood, that many who respect the laws of America and the hard struggles over the centuries to create your great country feel hate towards those who want to tear it apart?

There will be little or no respect for human life if there continues to be no respect for your country's institutions, including the Presidency, and respect for the laws that govern your society. You are reaping what you've sown.

"At campaign rallies before last year’s midterm elections, President Trump repeatedly warned that America was under attack by immigrants heading for the border. “You look at what is marching up, that is an invasion!” he declared at one rally. “That is an invasion!”

Well that was in reference to the 15,000 people strong caravan that thought they were all just gonna walk into America without permission. He wasnt refering to legal migrants.

I'm not even remotely conversant with the dynamics at play in much of America, but I have to say that it is comments like those of this Congresswoman that do nothing to reshape the cultural cancer that is infecting much of American dialogue and discourse today. You have a duly elected President of your country who hasn't had a minute in office during which he hasn't been constantly under attempts to both delegitimize his election and paint him as a racist and worse for every utterance. Is it any wonder that many who support this President feel that their leader, their country, is under attack and attempts to destroy both? Is it any wonder that when the President attempts to stem the flood of illegal aliens through America's southern border and his opponents flat out encourage that flood, that many who respect the laws of America and the hard struggles over the centuries to create your great country feel hate towards those who want to tear it apart?

There will be little or no respect for human life if there continues to be no respect for your country's institutions, including the Presidency, and respect for the laws that govern your society. You are reaping what you've sown.

I am bound to accept the will of the people, but Trump's election to president says something disturbing about a large portion of the electorate. Your gaslighting tactic will not work on me. He was treacherous in his business dealings and that has continued into his presidency. Stop the denial now that he himself is not responsible for his racism. The media are merely reporting his words. I've seen it, and then his denials that he said it. It is ridiculous at this point to keep denying he is a traitorous racist, it makes you look clueless. The fact that he is a treacherous racist nullifies everything else he says he's doing at this point. Don't tell me this is a baseless media attack because I've heard all the evidence from his mouth on video. Again, the attempted gaslighting does not work. Just stop.

And the cities with the most people killed are in blue states.

Aaaaand the nuance is lost on you too. Try reading next time ya get butthurt.

"At campaign rallies before last year’s midterm elections, President Trump repeatedly warned that America was under attack by immigrants heading for the border. “You look at what is marching up, that is an invasion!” he declared at one rally. “That is an invasion!”

Well that was in reference to the 15,000 people strong caravan that thought they were all just gonna walk into America without permission. He wasnt refering to legal migrants.

That is an unproven claim

What ever happened to that caravan anyway? I never heard about it again after the election.

There's no need to do any stoking. He is a blatant traitorous racist that constantly deludes himself that he isn't racist. .

Nonsense. You cant point to Trump even mentioning anyones race other than to condemn white nationalist or supremist. Racist talk about race all the time.

What ever happened to that caravan anyway? I never heard about it again after the election.

The 57 caravans after that one garnered all of the attention.

More importantly that was in reference to the "invasion" of illegal immigrants that you characterize as an "attack", likely for some political reason

The media are merely reporting his words. .

Nothing racist about his words they report. The racism is purely found in the words they themselves add to his to justify their characterization as racist. Trumo says 'good people on both sides' and the media reports that Trump says neo Nazis and white supremist are good people. When in fact he excluded them both by name.

Tons of them are in a town in Mexicali saying they are there to stay and not going back. And the mayor of Mexicali is saying "WTF GUYS?!?" And they are talking about securing their border.

More importantly that was in reference to the "invasion" of illegal immigrants that you characterize as an "attack", likely for some political reason

I dont think its an attack I think its just tons of people shoving their way in with no respect.

Democrat women are notoriously bad about turning tragedies into political assaults on republican politicians for political party purposes. They should be ashamed of themselves.

:lamo:lamo:rofl:rofl

I am bound to accept the will of the people, but Trump's election to president says something disturbing about a large portion of the electorate. Your gaslighting tactic will not work on me. He was treacherous in his business dealings and that has continued into his presidency. Stop the denial now that he himself is not responsible for his racism. The media are merely reporting his words. I've seen it, and then his denials that he said it. It is ridiculous at this point to keep denying he is a traitorous racist, it makes you look clueless. The fact that he is a treacherous racist nullifies everything else he says he's doing at this point. Don't tell me this is a baseless media attack because I've heard all the evidence from his mouth on video. Again, the attempted gaslighting does not work. Just stop.

But the media isn't "merely reporting his words" they are making his words up and/or taking those words completely out of context. Everyone who disagrees with an anti-American leftist freak is automatically considered a "racist." That is all that term ever means. The real bigots are the leftists who only see and treat people by the color of their skin. I don't like Trump, and I certainly never voted for the leftist pompous windbag, but there isn't a bigoted bone in his body, despite the repeated lies by the anti-American left. All the hatred, as well as the violence and destruction of property for the last three years, has been coming entirely from the left. Instigated by your anti-American leftist media, and supported by the anti-American Democratic Party.

When Washington sends presidents to the Mexican border, they are not always sending their best. The presidents bring ego and bigotry. They send presidents that have lots of problems, they have committed crimes, they’re rapists. And some, I suppose are good people.

I dont think its an attack I think its just tons of people shoving their way in with no respect.

As the saying goes among such migrants, “we’re here because you were there.” The US shoved its way into most Central American countries with no respect over the years. Every country except Costa Rica, which has been the only fully stable place in the region and doesn’t send migrants. Payback is a bitch.

I really believed that by now, you anti-Trump people would have shifted out of elementary school mode, and gone back into adult mode... Boy was I wrong.

If they had an adult mode they wouldn't support Democrats.

Back
Top Bottom