• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dozens of Mississippi lawmakers have coronavirus after weeks of refusing to wear masks

Oh my starts and garters.....That, Sir, is a strong marriage; Congrats.:thumbs:
I came from a conservative Catholic family & neighborhood. Despite my relatively liberal public politics, I'm pretty conservative in my private life. Picking a conservative wife to raise my kids was a comforting move. She raises them with a strong & safe foundation, and I then corrupt them to the degree I feel necessary! :2razz:

I know people that actually divorced over politics :roll:...how sad is that?]

Lady Bum is apolitical, and only gets violent tendencies during College Football season ( Auburn Fan ), and I am pretty much adverse to any real party affiliation; talk to me about issues, not your political color or dogma.
The bolded is beyond sad. I can't think of any higher allegiance and devotion than to one's family. All else falls distant second.

Could be worse. The dear Mrs. Chomsky had the audacity to vote for Trump! She has since come to her senses. She was a one issue voter, but now can't stand him even if she still supports the issue.

Yeah, it was a real-life example of sleeping with the enemy. But we'd never let something like politics interfere with our relationship. In fact, politics mean little to her. So apparently, my love of politics makes up for that!

...all those lonely nights on the couch..........

I came from a conservative Catholic family & neighborhood. Despite my relatively liberal public politics, I'm pretty conservative in my private life. Picking a conservative wife to raise my kids was a comforting move.

She raises them with a strong & safe foundation, and I then corrupt them to the degree I feel necessary! :2razz:

The bolded is beyond sad. I can't think of any higher allegiance and devotion than to one's family. All else falls distant second.

The bolded is how it should be; parents that provide balance and enable open mindedness; and yes, I cannot fathom the ending of a family due to politics.

Lady Bum is the nature loving wild child...the perfect balance to my lifetime of military regimented living; the kids turned out okay as a result.....son leans a bit left, daughter is a cranky little centrist, and wife simply does not care one way or the other.

Life's good.

...all those lonely nights on the couch..........
Not at all! I've been known to win my adveraries over with love! Especially, the cute ones! :2razz:

Not at all! I've been known to win my enemies over with love! Especially, the cute ones! :2razz:

The missus know about the “cute ones?”

Doing a U-turn out of this cul-de-sac now.......

The bolded is how it should be; parents that provide balance and enable open mindedness; and yes, I cannot fathom the ending of a family due to politics.

Lady Bum is the nature loving wild child...the perfect balance to my lifetime of military regimented living; the kids turned out okay as a result.....son leans a bit left, daughter is a cranky little centrist, and wife simply does not care one way or the other.

Life's good.
So your situation is the same, but with the genders reversed? That's good. Kids need that balance. As long as the parents stay in primary agreement (not letting the kids divide them).

One of the things I respected the most about my parents, is us kids could never split them. Anytime there was something difficult to resolve that involved us, they would take it behind the closed door of their bedroom - then come back out to jointly issue their declaration to us. It was a lesson in great parenting. They stuck like glue!

The missus know about the “cute ones?”

Doing a U-turn out of this cul-de-sac now.......
There's different kinds of love for different kinds of situations. :2razz:

All rational people knew where Trump's plan would lead us.

He just wants to keep the economy rolling to keep the money flowing for the wealthy while they are hunkered down at home behind the walls of their gated communities

We are expendable

All rational people knew where Trump's plan would lead us.

He just wants to keep the economy rolling to keep the money flowing for the wealthy while they are hunkered down at home behind the walls of their gated communities

We are expendable
Well said, in the bolded.

So your situation is the same, but with the genders reversed? That's good. Kids need that balance. As long as the parents stay in primary agreement (not letting the kids divide them).

One of the things I respected the most about my parents, is us kids could never split them. Anytime there was something difficult to resolve that involved us, they would take it behind the closed door of their bedroom - then come back out to jointly issue their declaration to us. It was a lesson in great parenting. They stuck like glue!

Yes to all of the above. :)

Mom and Dad stood so tightly together, you couldn't drive a dime between them with a 5 pound sledge.

If one of the old geezers dies from COVID19, that could be the best thing he could do for America.

Hear me out!

It would make people take the virus more seriously, and the politician's death would save tens of thousands of American lives.

Which is a Hell of a lot more than most politicians do.

You are giving republicans more credit than they deserve. Unless they themselves get covid or die from it, the denial of the seriousness will continue from the gop.

The way to say it is...Misleading journalism!

There are also dozens of professionals getting sick in places where everyone IS wearing masks

Here’s another interesting fact about Mississippi- its unemployment numbers are among the best in the nation, as a result of people not freaking out and completely losing their minds

Massachusetts, where everyone is wearing masks and staying in lockdown, has the worst unemployment numbers in its modern history

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom