• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Don't Put Too Much Faith in the Experts

Around people who are immune?

Around people who are known carriers. Is that not good enough for you?

Before everything was closed down, I was at a beach where no one wore masks. What would you like me to do? Take a spoonful of COVID?

225,000 is NOT a lot in the overall scheme of things considering we are now ruining lives with another shutdown.

9/11 turned the world upside down and 3000 people died that day. 225000 is way bigger number than that and you are like "Ah, whatever". Do you think those people would be fine with dying?

9/11 turned the world upside down and 3000 people died that day. 225000 is way bigger number than that and you are like "Ah, whatever". Do you think those people would be fine with dying?

They seem to be fine with ruining lives, businesses and families because of their snow flakery.

They seem to be fine with ruining lives, businesses and families because of their snow flakery.

Wanting to prevent a massive death toll is being a snow flake now?

You do realize other countries are able to reopen their economies now, because they took this virus seriously and people there did not freak out about wearing masks.

Coronavirus: What you can and cannot do in Ontario amid Stage 3 of reopening - National | Globalnews.ca

Other countries are opening up, but still have laws to protect people from the virus, meanwhile Florida has a massive spike in cases and let Disney World reopen.

I think conservatives care more about money than human lives.

Talking about the scientists saying NY would be under water

Do you have the training, equipment necessary, etc. to test these things? Or did you just read one article and thats it?

Democrats force Trump to go the route to debunk Democrats. Democrats in fact bear the most blame as Governors for the spread of the COV19 disease. Cuomo has a sucking record as does Gavin Newsom of CA.

What total bs.

Nobody forced Trump to do anything.

Whistling past the graveyard and demanding that states ignore his own guidelines are Trump’s ideas, and he owns the responsibility for dismal results as surely as his apologists want to absolve him of it.

Don’t Put Too Much Faith in the Experts – Reason.com

An excellent article and video that shows just how wrong the experts were.

And Im gonna call it in advance, when the authoritarian idiots start to reply in this thread to defend these quacks, it'll be one of three things:

"But, but, but, Trump!"

Or:

"You didnt read the study! I did! I'm an armchair scientist and I say those experts were misunderstood! Bla bla bla!"

Or:

Some other ad hom, to try and deflect the failure of the quacks away.

Begin. :popcorn2:

lol. Like we should have more in Politicians. Only the right wing is that "serious".

The Teacher-Shortage Myth: There is no dearth of teachers; in fact, we may have too many. | City Journal.

In fact, we now have over 3.8 million public school teachers in the U.S., an increase of 13 percent in the last four years. During that same time period, student enrollment rose just 2 percent. Mike Antonucci, director of the Education Intelligence Agency, adds that, between 2008 and 2016, student enrollment was flat but the teaching force expanded from 3.4 million to more than 3.8 million, a rise of 12.4 percent. University of Pennsylvania education professor Richard Ingersoll avers that not only is there no shortage of teachers, there is actually a glut.

I don’t know which states have excess teachers but I do know Michigan does not have enough.

Six out of 10 Michigan school districts started this school year without enough full-time teachers to fill their classrooms, according to a survey of Michigan school superintendents.

The survey, conducted the second week of September by the Michigan Association of Superintendents and Administrators, found 518 classrooms in 178 school districts that did not have a full-time, certified teacher.

“It’s disturbing,” said Chris Wigent, executive director of MASA. “This confirms the teacher shortage that leads to using long-term substitutes.”

Long-term substitutes can lead a classroom for as long as a full school year, but are not required to be certified teachers or have a college degree in any subject. In Michigan, someone can qualify to become a long-term sub with as few as 60 college credits.

A Bridge investigation found that the number of Michigan classrooms led by long-term substitutes grew 10-fold in five years, with the total in the 2018-19 school year reaching 2,500 such teachers.

Majority of Michigan public schools started school year short on teachers | Bridge Magazine

Last edited:
If so it is because it is third world.

Actually, in Michigan :

The requirements for the certificate include a bachelor's degree in a teachable subject
as well as completion of a teacher preparation program,
student teaching experience, and passing scores on the Michigan certification and subject area tests.

Actually, in Michigan :

The requirements for the certificate include a bachelor's degree in a teachable subject
as well as completion of a teacher preparation program,
student teaching experience, and passing scores on the Michigan certification and subject area tests.
the shortage is because it’s a dump. A third world state.

Back
Top Bottom