• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Don't Believe What you See or What you Read

Good for you...I am happy for you....What times of day do they loosen the straight jacket so you can get to a keyboard. I will watch for them.

Straight jackets aren't a normal thing in psychological clinics anymore.

More importantly, if you worry about me finding a little enjoyment in the stupidity of others. Then I suggest you worry more that such people are freely able to breed in the country.

We have idiots wanting to have everyone call their children "theybies" so I'll be damned if I'm not going to laugh at such a brain-dead individual. I'm a psychologist, not a motivational speaker who intends on keeping feelings un-pinched.

If Russia was still a Communist country, they would worship your avatar. 8)

Seeing as the main party of Russia doesn't really have a political image.

You would be surprised to see how many people believe that Communism is still its main party.

Seeing as the main party of Russia doesn't really have a political image.

You would be surprised to see how many people believe that Communism is still its main party.

I was talking about those on the American Left. Loves them some Commies.

I was talking about those on the American Left. Loves them some Commies.

Oh yes, of course.

At any point the red and brown shirts will be battling it out in the streets again, just like the old days.

Though even then, I don't think the left will realize just how they brought themselves to this kind of an outcome.

No,

I believe this is about the 6th or 7th time that I have requested that you show proof of your contentions and every single time you have not done it and attacked me in return. Nonetheless, every single time you have asked me to prove my contention, I have given you the information.

You are starting to become a Trump puppet more and more every day. You accuse but then when accused back you don't answer but continue to say you are right. This is not a debate, it is about you and what you believe even if there is no real reason for believing it.

Like you say, you are dismissed. You can keep your beliefs but just don't post on my threads or post answers to my quotes because in the future all you will get from me is this same post, over and over again. I will not debate with you again or answer any of your posts except to copy this post and repeat it ad nausea

Well, I can't say he didn't give you a chance.

Oh yes, of course.

At any point the red and brown shirts will be battling it out in the streets again, just like the old days.

Though even then, I don't think the left will realize just how they brought themselves to this kind of an outcome.

Nor will the right.....

Trump said yesterday "don't believe what you see or what you read"

What does this mean?

It means that the events of the book 1984 have come true.

1984 by George Orwell said:
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. His heart sank as he thought of the enormous power arrayed against him, the ease with which any Party intellectual would overthrow him in debate, the subtle arguments which he would not be able to understand, much less answer. And yet he was in the right! They were wrong and he was right.

Really? Where's the concentration camps? The millions that Trump has killed? Who's Rights has he taken away? Has he attempted to ban guns in civilians hands? Has he made legislation that has prevented a Free Press? What actions has Trump taken that is the same actions that Hitler took?

May I? Thank you.

Trump has only been in office a year and a half. Hitler, at that juncture in his career as a madman, did not have concentration camps (or thousands of illegals rounded up in ICE camps). He hadn't yet destroyed the trade unions, but was working on it. (Right to work laws, cough cough cough). Hitler hadn't banned guns yet, but he did make sure that those loyal to him had plenty. (NRA buying politicians?) Hitler hadn't yet tried to ban the free press; no word on whether he had reporters ejected from his presence who represented media outlets unfriendly to him (CNN reporters cough cough). Hitler and Trump both admire(d) strongmen and desired to emulate them. Both convinced the populace that they along could Make Germany/America Great Again. Both excel(ed) at creating a focus on certain sub-groups and directing anger and hatred towards them.... Jews, Hispanics, Muslims, etc. Both excel(ed) at portraying any negative reports about themselves as fake news and the work of insidious treasonous ____ [insert unpatriotic names here].

May I? Thank you.

Trump has only been in office a year and a half. Hitler, at that juncture in his career as a madman, did not have concentration camps (or thousands of illegals rounded up in ICE camps). He hadn't yet destroyed the trade unions, but was working on it. (Right to work laws, cough cough cough). Hitler hadn't banned guns yet, but he did make sure that those loyal to him had plenty. (NRA buying politicians?) Hitler hadn't yet tried to ban the free press; no word on whether he had reporters ejected from his presence who represented media outlets unfriendly to him (CNN reporters cough cough). Hitler and Trump both admire(d) strongmen and desired to emulate them. Both convinced the populace that they along could Make Germany/America Great Again. Both excel(ed) at creating a focus on certain sub-groups and directing anger and hatred towards them.... Jews, Hispanics, Muslims, etc. Both excel(ed) at portraying any negative reports about themselves as fake news and the work of insidious treasonous ____ [insert unpatriotic names here].

Incorrect.

• Concentration camps in Germany came practically immediately (march of 1933) after Hitler became Chancellor (January of 1933).
  • In May of the same year Hitler's troops occupied all of the union trade headquarters and the leaders were arrested and put in concentration camps. (right to work laws/states have been around for far longer than Trump has been in office and far longer than he ran for office btw so to lay that on Trump is partisan hackery)
  • Gun control in Germany was actually already very strict when Hitler became Chancellor. He loosened some regulations in favor of those in his party while making the regulations stricter for those that were not a part of his party. The timeline on this one is mixed due to this fact. In any case Trump has not supported ANY gun control restriction. In fact he has been a big supporter of individual gun Rights for all.
  • The Editor's Law which passed into law in October of 1933 allowed Hitler to control the Press and effectively ended the Free Press.

All of this happened before Hitler became Führer in August of 1934 after President Hindenburg died of lung cancer.

The rest of your post is subjective and based on things taken out of context most of the time.

same for you, given the critical nature of your posts. You criticize but don't personally have the answers to the topics you criticize. Unbelievable

What "answers" are you looking for? The question as to how many Somalis and Syrians have been allowed? Why is that germane to the fact the countries listed in the chart as having Trump properties are also the among the most stable, freindly to the US, not under sanctions and capable of providing the vetting desired in a post 9/11 world?

What "answers" are you looking for? The question as to how many Somalis and Syrians have been allowed? Why is that germane to the fact the countries listed in the chart as having Trump properties are also the among the most stable, freindly to the US, not under sanctions and capable of providing the vetting desired in a post 9/11 world?

This is a question I asked of Mycroft:

First of all, I am entitled to my opinion just as much as Trump is and if I can be wrong, so can Trump.

By the way, why don't you give me a list (like I gave you) of 13-15 things that the news companies (like CNN and NBC) have lied about. After all, if you are calling them liars, then it should be proven easily, no? You are always asking for proof, well then offering proof should be no problem for you!

Mycroft and I have been having this back and forth over the past couple of weeks and when we are debating an issue he asks "prove your point" and I go ahead and do it or at least give him answers and when I ask him to do the same, he says "I don't have to, or want to".

As such, I got tired of the 1-way conversation and told him to answer the last question I gave him in the same manner that I answered his question. He has not done so.

This is a question I asked of Mycroft:

First of all, I am entitled to my opinion just as much as Trump is and if I can be wrong, so can Trump.

By the way, why don't you give me a list (like I gave you) of 13-15 things that the news companies (like CNN and NBC) have lied about. After all, if you are calling them liars, then it should be proven easily, no? You are always asking for proof, well then offering proof should be no problem for you!

Mycroft and I have been having this back and forth over the past couple of weeks and when we are debating an issue he asks "prove your point" and I go ahead and do it or at least give him answers and when I ask him to do the same, he says "I don't have to, or want to".

As such, I got tired of the 1-way conversation and told him to answer the last question I gave him in the same manner that I answered his question. He has not done so.

I don't care what you asked Mycroft.

Why is that germane to the fact the countries listed in the chart as having Trump properties are also the among the most stable, freindly to the US, not under sanctions and capable of providing the vetting desired in a post 9/11 world?

What can't you understand about that?

Incorrect.

• Concentration camps in Germany came practically immediately (march of 1933) after Hitler became Chancellor (January of 1933).
  • In May of the same year Hitler's troops occupied all of the union trade headquarters and the leaders were arrested and put in concentration camps. (right to work laws/states have been around for far longer than Trump has been in office and far longer than he ran for office btw so to lay that on Trump is partisan hackery)
  • Gun control in Germany was actually already very strict when Hitler became Chancellor. He loosened some regulations in favor of those in his party while making the regulations stricter for those that were not a part of his party. The timeline on this one is mixed due to this fact. In any case Trump has not supported ANY gun control restriction. In fact he has been a big supporter of individual gun Rights for all.
  • The Editor's Law which passed into law in October of 1933 allowed Hitler to control the Press and effectively ended the Free Press.

All of this happened before Hitler became Führer in August of 1934 after President Hindenburg died of lung cancer.

The rest of your post is subjective and based on things taken out of context most of the time.

Let me chime in and say that Trump is not doing the same things as Hitler did so comparing him to Hitler is wrong. Nonetheless, Trump is using Putin's (his hero) guidelines and at the very minimum is starting to build his autocracy by attacking the media and starting to set his oligarchy.

I don't know if you know this, but Putin is loved in Russia because he has done quite a few things for his people, much like Trump is doing or trying to do. Nonetheless, it does not make him any less of an autocracy where differences of opinion are punished (even by death).

The thing is that Putin is 10 times the man that Trump is. He is smarter, does not make mistakes (Trump makes mistake after mistake) and is very organized (Trump is pure chaos). In addition, Trump is trying to accomplish his autocratic goals in a Democratic society (which Russia never was) and therefore reaching his goals is a lot more difficult.

By the same token, his incompetency and lack of knowledge (contrary to Putin) is doing more harm than accomplishing his goals. Simply stated, if allowed to continue the damage he will do to the U.S. will be Yuge.

I don't care what you asked Mycroft.

Why is that germane to the fact the countries listed in the chart as having Trump properties are also the among the most stable, freindly to the US, not under sanctions and capable of providing the vetting desired in a post 9/11 world?

What can't you understand about that?

You really need to do "some" research before you open your mouth and put your foot in it.

The question asked of Mycroft had NOTHING to do with the Muslim nations. It had to do with the fact that Mycroft said that words mean nothing and that actions is what is meaningful and in response I gave him a list of actions that Trump had done and asked him to give me a list back of the actions that the news companies (like CNN, NBC, MSNBC, Washington Post, etc) where they lied (which is what Trump is accusing them of).

Here was my list and I asked him to provide one of his own with Fake News that had been given by these companies.

Geez, you really are ready to attack but you do it like a crazy man, without knowing what you are attacking.

I see, actions are what count right?

How about these:

1) Failed to condem the All-right
2) Stood by Ray Moore
3) Dismissed Russian Interference
4) Fired James Comey because "his investigation into Russia interference"
5) his noxious tweets about respectable people
6) giving Miranda rights to captured terrorists
7) empowering Syria massacres of their own people by siding with Russia
8) attacked the FBI, which defends us.
9) has spent more time attacking Republicans (his own party) than Democrats
10) has made no effort at bi-partisanship
11) lauded our enemies and degraded our allies
12) broke the agreement with Iran that had been made by his predecessor and has not replaced it with anything.
13) promised to replace Obamacare with "something better and cheaper" and has not done it
14) separated mothers from their children and then promised to re-unite them but there are still over 2500 that are separated because the government doesn't know where they are)

Back
Top Bottom