• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump's 'Worst Nightmare' Just Came True: Mary Trump

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I can already smell the remarks that will be made about Mary Trump after THAT headline, can't you?
Donald Trump may be seeing his "worst nightmare" come true after the date was confirmed for his falsifying business records trial in New York, according to his niece.

Mary Trump, author, podcast host and frequent critic of her uncle, was reacting to Judge Juan Merchan setting an April 15 date for the trial where the former president has pleaded not guilty to 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in relation to so-called "hush money" he arranged his former lawyer Michael Cohen to pay adult film star Stormy Daniels to keep an alleged affair she and Trump had a secret ahead of the 2016 election.

In a lengthy post on X, formerly Twitter, Mary Trump said that the April 15 trial date means the presumptive 2024 Republican presidential candidate could be a convicted criminal before November's election, which could severely hinder his hopes of beating Joe Biden.

Mary Trump then cited a Morning Consult/Bloomberg poll from February which said that 53 percent of voters in the key swing states of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin would not vote for Trump if he were a convicted criminal by the time of November's general election.

Mary Trump then cited a Morning Consult/Bloomberg poll from February which said that 53 percent of voters in the key swing states of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin would not vote for Trump if he were a convicted criminal by the time of November's general election.

More lawfare. TDS. Hatred of Trump. And whatabout.................Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, BLM riots in 2020, and so on.

I can already smell the remarks that will be made about Mary Trump after THAT headline, can't you?

More lawfare. TDS. Hatred of Trump. And whatabout.................Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, BLM riots in 2020, and so on.
*IF* he is convicted.

There are strong echoes of the last “Teflon Don” John Gotti in Trump. I would not make assumptions when it comes to such criminals with so much power, influence, and popularity.

From the article cited,

"If he's sentenced in guilty verdicts after a conviction, he could get home detention and an ankle monitor and maybe throw in some community service," attorney Gene Rossi, who previously represented one of Daniel's lawyers Keith Davidson, told Newsweek.

Ha! Community service? Now that would make for good video. Donald serving soup in a soup kitchen? Donald picking up trash on the side of a freeway? Donald painting the walls in a homeless shelter? Donald toting shingles up a ladder at a Homes for Humanity site?

Michael Cowen and Stormy Daniels......the left hopes are on these fine upstanding, high class individuals with such good character to save them....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Wow, it must be bad, real bad to be on the side of injustice. Do you get headaches, insomnia, drinking more, using drugs with this obsession?

From the article cited,

"If he's sentenced in guilty verdicts after a conviction, he could get home detention and an ankle monitor and maybe throw in some community service," attorney Gene Rossi, who previously represented one of Daniel's lawyers Keith Davidson, told Newsweek.

Ha! Community service? Now that would make for good video. Donald serving soup in a soup kitchen? Donald picking up trash on the side of a freeway? Donald painting the walls in a homeless shelter? Donald toting shingles up a ladder at a Homes for Humanity site?

Yes, that would be good. Helping feed the poor or homeless is good. Picking up trash from the lowlife idiots who throw trash out their window is good service. Painting the walls in a homeless shelter would be a good thing. Helping to roof homes for Habitat for Humanity is great.....yeah Trump!

*IF* he is convicted.

There are strong echoes of the last “Teflon Don” John Gotti in Trump. I would not make assumptions when it comes to such criminals with so much power, influence, and popularity.

Yes it's a big if. Rich people have a way to get away from anything without consequences.

Michael Cowen and Stormy Daniels......the left hopes are on these fine upstanding, high class individuals with such good character to save them....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Wow, it must be bad, real bad to be on the side of injustice. Do you get headaches, insomnia, drinking more, using drugs with this obsession?
Your guy sure seem to like them well enough to pay both of them tons of money to do what he wanted and needed them to do, You are a reflection of those whom you surround yourself with. Scum begets scum.

There is nothing fine and upstanding about Stormy Daniels. She is however a very reliable witness. All she has to do is verify she received the $130K payment to keep her mouth shut before the 2016 election.

Michael Cohen is another story entirely. He was originally a low life Trump MAGAt who saw the light and changed his ways. Any lies he told were lies for Donald Trump. He has straightened up and is doing the right thing. Everything he's told us about the Donald has borne out to be true. Every prediction, true.

He told us way before the 2020 election that if Trump lost, he would try to stay in office by any means possible. True. He gave congress the information that was then used for the NY AG to get her fraud conviction.

Both of these folks will wind up being legitimate witnesses for the prosecution. And then there is a paper trail. Trump can't explain any of that away.

Sarcasm noted. Why do you think Trump had his lawyer pay Stormy?

There is nothing fine and upstanding about Stormy Daniels. She is however a very reliable witness. All she has to do is verify she received the $130K payment to keep her mouth shut before the 2016 election.

Michael Cohen is another story entirely. He was originally a low life Trump MAGAt who saw the light and changed his ways. Any lies he told were lies for Donald Trump. He has straightened up and is doing the right thing. Everything he's told us about the Donald has borne out to be true. Every prediction, true.

He told us way before the 2020 election that if Trump lost, he would try to stay in office by any means possible. True. He gave congress the information that was then used for the NY AG to get her fraud conviction.

Both of these folks will wind up being legitimate witnesses for the prosecution. And then there is a paper trail. Trump can't explain any of that away.
Cohen will get a lot of flack from Trump's attorneys. Liar, went to prison, etc. But, the guy has had his day before the public and stood up to it. His testimony before Congress was very professional and his appearances on various news programs have been professional. He's no raving lunatic and the public knows it. The jury will also know it unless they live in a cave. I, too, think he will be a good witness against Trump.

Cohen will get a lot of flack from Trump's attorneys. Liar, went to prison, etc. But, the guy has had his day before the public and stood up to it. His testimony before Congress was very professional and his appearances on various news programs have been professional. He's no raving lunatic and the public knows it. The jury will also know it unless they live in a cave. I, too, think he will be a good witness against Trump.
In service of... Trump.

The best they have in this case. He was right there at ground zero for the entire thing.

Your guy sure seem to like them well enough to pay both of them tons of money to do what he wanted and needed them to do, You are a reflection of those whom you surround yourself with. Scum begets scum.

There are always scumbags who take advantage of other people's wealth, then of course there are those who find these situations and take advantage of the problem for political purposes. I haven't figured out which is the worst scumbag, but as we can see they need each other.

Lol, only reliable to those who suffer from TDS, who look for anything, any smidgen of innuendo, waiting with baited breath to get Orange Man Bad.

Be on the bad side of injustice? Ever hear of the adage "where there is smoke, there is a fire"?

Let me remind you of:

Be on the bad side of injustice? Ever hear of the adage "where there is smoke, there is a fire"?

Let me remind you of:

Very well aware of all the propaganda. It's no wonder why so many have fallen under its spell.....it's all they see and hear.

Noted legal scholar Mary Trump….

There are people's opinions on these cases I find useful. A woman whose opinion would be utterly irrelevant if not for her last name is not one of them.

This is the weakest of all the criminal cases against Trump. It will also be interesting to see how the “if he's convicted” polls turn out if he's actively engaged in an appeal. The general public doesn't often consider the full scope of the legal system, and I could imagine many meaning “once he's literally in jail and it's 100% official” when answering those polls

I have heard that adage. Both sides have been using it like crazy over the past 8 years to try and win points when their actual facts don't prove the things they desperately want them to

There are people's opinions on these cases I find useful. A woman whose opinion would be utterly irrelevant if not for her last name is not one of them.
In my very first comment I predicted:
Damn, I am good at my predictions, aren't I?

It's never really been about the "person" Trump......when Trump's time is up and over, politicians who are not professional bs artists, or career corrupt politicians may apply....and they will. The time of forked tongued people who lie and we know they are lying, but we just let them get away with it, are over.

In my very first comment I predicted:

Damn, I am good at my predictions, aren't I?

You actually didn't predict that at all. Your specific actual predictions:

“More lawfare. TDS. Hatred of Trump. And whatabout.................Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, BLM riots in 2020“

Did you actually not even read your OWN original post? Or is gaslighting and strawmaning simply your main method of having to address legitimately raised points?

It's never really been about the "person" Trump......when Trump's time is up and over, politicians who are not professional bs artists, or career corrupt politicians may apply....and they will. The time of forked tongued people who lie and we know they are lying, but we just let them get away with it, are over.
Except that if Trump gets elected, your statement about "when Trump's time is up and over" will not happen. Trump will change the Constitution and he will stay "IN POWER" for the rest of his lifetime. As suc. h, lying and corruption will never end (or even tone down). Trump represents lying and corruption like no one else in the world. In the dictionary, when you look up those two words, Trump's picture pops up

Back
Top Bottom