• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Thinks North Carolina Got It Wrong On Anti-LGBT Bathroom Bill

d;1065800322]Yes, the problem is that last time we granted the amnesty but never finished securing the border. Hopefully we have learned from that mistake. Tell me why do you feel that these 11 million should be allowed to stay here and work? If I break into your house, will you let me live there?[/QUOTE]

Didn't you read what Reagan himself said? Apparently not. AGAIN:

It was in Ronald Reagan's bones — it was part of his understanding of America — that the country was fundamentally open to those who wanted to join us here."

Reagan said as much himself in a televised debate with Democratic presidential nominee Walter Mondale in 1984.

"I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally," he said.

Robinson says Reagan's own diaries show the president found the idea of a militantly staffed border fence difficult to take. In a private meeting with then-President Jose Lopez Portillo of Mexico in 1979, Reagan wrote that he hoped to discuss how the United States and Mexico could make the border "something other than the location for a fence."

These days, Republicans are also calling for existing laws to be toughened up, which Reagan would have agreed with, Robinson says. In fact, Robinson says, he would have been so upset at the federal government's failure to make good on the 1986 reform that he would have demanded for that law to be fixed first before instituting a new overhaul.

In other words, Reagan himself supported allowing the millions who have ALREADY made lives for themselves and their families here to stay here...and THEN fix the law AND enforce the law...but do NOT ruin the lives millions of hard-working human beings (and yes, the great majority of them ARE honest and hard-working). Heck, if y'all had a candidate that had half the common sense on immigration that Reagan did, you'd be looking at majority support from the (already socially-conservative) Hispanics...and that candidate would win.

But you don't have such a candidate. Your party has gone far to the right of Reagan, and you've all lost your way back.

What a twist. What a lie you try to tell. Sorry, we've only lost one ambassador since Carter. Hillary was in charge.

I gave you a list of attacks on US embassies (not my list, but a third party list) and you call it a "lie", but can produce ZERO substantiation of your claim, which BTW is completely irrelevant, as an attack on an embassy is an attack on embassy.... and there have been 43 since 1924, resulting in hundreds of deaths.... Here it is again, since you refused to read it the first time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_U.S._diplomatic_facilities

and some more articles on the same

A List of Deadly Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Diplomatic Targets Under President George W. Bush, 2001-2009 | PolitiFact
Prior to Benghazi, were there 13 attacks on embassies and 60 deaths under President George W. Bush? | PolitiFact

The point being is that indeed attacks on US consulates, embassies and official offices are a relatively regular occurrence, including 13 such during the GW Bush administration and 7 during the Reagan administration. There is nothing specific about Hillary' Clinton's actions that caused the Benghazi attack. Moreover, this notion that it was a "terrorist" attack is also silliness... Libya is a war zone and the US facilities are an obvious target. No one was terrorized, we were the victims of an act of war.

Nonetheless, why don't you tell us what specific actions that Hillary did to cause the death of ambassador. I'll make the popcorn while you write the story.

Its all moot, as she is your next POTUS.

Last edited:
in order to qualify as a medical condition, a given trait has to cause intrinsic harm to the individual. Statistical abnormality has nothing to do with it. That's just you looking for an excuse to hate

I understand, you have to twist your argument so that reality comports. That sow's ear is still not a silk purse no matter how much folks wish it were so. There is no intrinsic harm in polydactylism and it is a medical/genetic condition. Benign medical conditions exist.

What's hateful is hiding ones true belief that homosexuality is harmful and making excuses for it because one cannot tolerate their own deep seated belief. Recognizing basic reality is not hatred. For instance, I have no problem with folks who have this medical/genetic condition. I do have a problem with the folks who through their own inner guilt must proclaim that the condition is normal.

Last edited:
Here's why we gripe about republicans.

View attachment 67200558

You'd think that Obama had been President when we were gaining 500,000 illegals per year, 4 million in 8 years and not the NEGATIVE growth in illegals since 2009. If you want, show us what happened to the illegal population when the WH and Congress was controlled by GOPers during the Bush II era. Oh, yeah, nothing, except a couple years trying like heck for a repeat of the Reagan (R) amnesty!

Unauthorized immigrant population stable for half a decade | Pew Research Center

No, you gripe about Republicans to deflect from the loser in White House now.

I gave you a list of attacks on US embassies (not my list, but a third party list) and you call it a "lie", but can produce ZERO substantiation of your claim, which BTW is completely irrelevant, as an attack on an embassy is an attack on embassy.... and there have been 43 since 1924, resulting in hundreds of deaths.... Here it is again, since you refused to read it the first time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_U.S._diplomatic_facilities

and some more articles on the same

A List of Deadly Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Diplomatic Targets Under President George W. Bush, 2001-2009 | PolitiFact
Prior to Benghazi, were there 13 attacks on embassies and 60 deaths under President George W. Bush? | PolitiFact

The point being is that indeed attacks on US consulates, embassies and official offices are a relatively regular occurrence, including 13 such during the GW Bush administration and 7 during the Reagan administration. There is nothing specific about Hillary' Clinton's actions that caused the Benghazi attack. Moreover, this notion that it was a "terrorist" attack is also silliness... Libya is a war zone and the US facilities are an obvious target. No one was terrorized, we were the victims of an act of war.

Nonetheless, why don't you tell us what specific actions that Hillary did to cause the death of ambassador. I'll make the popcorn while you write the story.

Its all moot, as she is your next POTUS.

Yes, I know why you gave a list. It was an attempt to deflect from the fact the Hillary was Sec of State when the ONLY ambassador in four decades was killed. Of course, she also couldn't satisfy her husband. Poor guy had to get a blow job.

No, you gripe about Republicans to deflect from the loser in White House now.

That's not the only issue. What some of us are simply pointing out is republicans are blaming Obama for a problem that happened almost entirely before he was inaugurated. The illegal population has DECLINED since he took office. In the previous GOP administration, it increased about 4 million. So when you're whining about the democrats maybe you ought to point a finger to the GOP. Bottom line is the establishment/Chamber of Commerce/Wall Street Journal wing of the GOP simply has not and does not see illegal immigration as a problem. It is simply the flip side of open borders for capital - open borders for labor. They're both desirable for the business community and for the same reasons.

Yes, I know why you gave a list. It was an attempt to deflect from the fact the Hillary was Sec of State when the ONLY ambassador in four decades was killed. Of course, she also couldn't satisfy her husband. Poor guy had to get a blow job.

I see, so attacks on our facilities don't count if just little people are killed. Sounds like a defensible principle to me! :roll:

BTW, nice misogyny. Of course it's the woman's fault her husband cheated on her!! LOL.... We should just stand back while you dig your own hole - doing a great job so far!

That's not the only issue. What some of us are simply pointing out is republicans are blaming Obama for a problem that happened almost entirely before he was inaugurated. The illegal population has DECLINED since he took office. In the previous GOP administration, it increased about 4 million. So when you're whining about the democrats maybe you ought to point a finger to the GOP. Bottom line is the establishment/Chamber of Commerce/Wall Street Journal wing of the GOP simply has not and does not see illegal immigration as a problem. It is simply the flip side of open borders for capital - open borders for labor. They're both desirable for the business community and for the same reasons.

But all that pretty much went out the window when President Obama issued an Executive Order saying they can stay. He didn't inherit that Executive Order, did he? OWN IT. The left supports illegal immigrants.

But all that pretty much went out the window when President Obama issued an Executive Order saying they can stay. He didn't inherit that Executive Order, did he? OWN IT. The left supports illegal immigrants.

Right, it didn't go out the window when 12 million came to this country, millions of them working here for a decade or more. It went out the window during the period when the net immigration was negative. Got it!

I'm not sure who "the left" is but I don't support illegal immigration. I do believe we have to treat our fellow human beings with respect, and I'm not putting high on the list deporting people brought here as children and who have otherwise lived responsible lives in this country. I'd go into it more but if you're so partisan all you see is "DEMOCRATS!!!" and "OBAMA!!!!" then there's not much chance of a reasonable discussion. Bottom line is this issue really isn't partisan - or it wasn't until Obama got elected and blamed for all the immigration woes that happened almost entirely in the preceding couple of decades post the Reagan amnesty.

Right, it didn't go out the window when 12 million came to this country, millions of them working here for a decade or more. It went out the window during the period when the net immigration was negative. Got it!

I'm not sure who "the left" is but I don't support illegal immigration. I do believe we have to treat our fellow human beings with respect, and I'm not putting high on the list deporting people brought here as children and who have otherwise lived responsible lives in this country. I'd go into it more but if you're so partisan all you see is "DEMOCRATS!!!" and "OBAMA!!!!" then there's not much chance of a reasonable discussion. Bottom line is this issue really isn't partisan - or it wasn't until Obama got elected and blamed for all the immigration woes that happened almost entirely in the preceding couple of decades post the Reagan amnesty.

If you don't support throwing out illegals you support lawbreakers. It's that simple. Why do you think this country isn't important enough to protect its borders and citizens?

If you don't support throwing out illegals you support lawbreakers. It's that simple. Why do you think this country isn't important enough to protect its borders and citizens?

It's really NOT that simple unless you see these people as human vermin. And I've already said I support a secure border.

And give me a break - I guarantee you that you are a "lawbreaker." I drove today, so I'm sure I broke a couple laws - speeding for sure, maybe rolled through a stop sign, millions cheat just a little on their taxes... They're lawbreakers, so what? We have spent the last 3 decades purposely not securing the border, and purposely not enforcing employment laws, and so the last people to blame for that are the illegals who took up the offer by 10s of thousands of U.S. employers of decent jobs at (for them) outstanding wages.

What I'm sure of is if I'm sitting in Mexico and the U.S. rolls out the red carpet of a decent job at 5 times the wage I can make at home, enough for me to support a family and send money home to support others in my family, I HOPE I'd walk across and take one of the millions of jobs offered to me for decades now, no questions asked. If not, I should be ashamed of myself for being a coward.

It's really NOT that simple unless you see these people as human vermin. And I've already said I support a secure border.

And give me a break - I guarantee you that you are a "lawbreaker." I drove today, so I'm sure I broke a couple laws - speeding for sure, maybe rolled through a stop sign, millions cheat just a little on their taxes... They're lawbreakers, so what? We have spent the last 3 decades purposely not securing the border, and purposely not enforcing employment laws, and so the last people to blame for that are the illegals who took up the offer by 10s of thousands of U.S. employers of decent jobs at (for them) outstanding wages.

What I'm sure of is if I'm sitting in Mexico and the U.S. rolls out the red carpet of a decent job at 5 times the wage I can make at home, enough for me to support a family and send money home to support others in my family, I HOPE I'd walk across and take one of the millions of jobs offered to me for decades now, no questions asked. If not, I should be ashamed of myself for being a coward.

I'm glad that you admire them. But the fact remains that they need to be thrown out of the country. If they come back they need to be locked up then thrown out of the country. Why do you support illegals over Americans? You sure can't complain about Americans being out of work when you fight for illegals to stay here.

I'm glad that you admire them. But the fact remains that they need to be thrown out of the country. If they come back they need to be locked up then thrown out of the country. Why do you support illegals over Americans? You sure can't complain about Americans being out of work when you fight for illegals to stay here.

OK, we disagree and as I suspected there wasn't much hope of a meaningful debate. Instead of responding to what I write, you just invent straw men to pummel instead of having a discussion :peace

I understand, you have to twist your argument so that reality comports. That sow's ear is still not a silk purse no matter how much folks wish it were so. There is no intrinsic harm in polydactylism and it is a medical/genetic condition. Benign medical conditions exist.

What's hateful is hiding ones true belief that homosexuality is harmful and making excuses for it because one cannot tolerate their own deep seated belief. Recognizing basic reality is not hatred. For instance, I have no problem with folks who have this medical/genetic condition. I do have a problem with the folks who through their own inner guilt must proclaim that the condition is normal.

Thing is, the medical community agrees that homosexuality is not a medical or genetic condition. There is absolutely no evidence that it is and all the research points to the fact that it isn't. It's nothing but a differentiation, similar to left-handedness. I have a problem with people who deny this reality because of their own bias.

Transsexuality is a medical inconsistency or anomaly. As I have told you, I have posted a TON of information confirming this, showing the research that validates it. It is NOT a psychological disorder. If you actually want to learn about these facts, ask and I will explain.

as does the right.

Only the people want illegal immigration stopped, and who wants to listen to them? Politicians only listen to money.

as does the right.

Only the people want illegal immigration stopped, and who wants to listen to them? Politicians only listen to money.

As does, as does... You can try and make it sound better if you want but the fact remains, President Barack H Obama, a Democrat has signed an Executive Order saying that many of them can stay. That's on him. That's on the left. Own it.

As does, as does... You can try and make it sound better if you want but the fact remains, President Barack H Obama, a Democrat has signed an Executive Order saying that many of them can stay. That's on him. That's on the left. Own it.

Yes, and Ronald Reagan, a Republican, signed amnesty into law. It's not a Democrat vs. Republican issue. Both parties are on the same side on this one. Don't be fooled by Republican candidates who give lip service to securing the borders and blaming Democrats for not wanting to. Neither party has done squat to secure the border since Ike.

Yes, and Ronald Reagan, a Republican, signed amnesty into law. It's not a Democrat vs. Republican issue. Both parties are on the same side on this one. Don't be fooled by Republican candidates who give lip service to securing the borders and blaming Democrats for not wanting to. Neither party has done squat to secure the border since Ike.

Does it really make you feel better to know that you can find someone else that did it, too? I mean, why not just admit that President Obama and the Democrats are weak on border security and support illegal immigrants? President Reagan made a mistake. His mistake was that he trusted the Democrats. He granted amnesty in return for a promise to secure the border. Of course the amnesty happened and as often does in politics, the border never got secured. What you cannot change is that President Barack H Obama has said that many of these illegals can not only stay but can work legally in the US. That means that they do not have to stay in the shadows any longer. They do not have to work picking crops, waiting tables, or mowing yards. With a work permit they can feel free to apply for work at large companies. Good paying jobs. Even better, employers cannot discriminate against them. That's right, national origin is a protected class.

You, on the left can't cry about there not being enough jobs when you do everything you can to screw over the American workers. I'm going to print my job applications in Spanish. Mexicans are damned good workers for the most part. They don't want to unionize, they won't be on the cell phone, they just want to produce.

Does it really make you feel better to know that you can find someone else that did it, too? I mean, why not just admit that President Obama and the Democrats are weak on border security and support illegal immigrants? President Reagan made a mistake. His mistake was that he trusted the Democrats. He granted amnesty in return for a promise to secure the border. Of course the amnesty happened and as often does in politics, the border never got secured. What you cannot change is that President Barack H Obama has said that many of these illegals can not only stay but can work legally in the US. That means that they do not have to stay in the shadows any longer. They do not have to work picking crops, waiting tables, or mowing yards. With a work permit they can feel free to apply for work at large companies. Good paying jobs. Even better, employers cannot discriminate against them. That's right, national origin is a protected class.

You, on the left can't cry about there not being enough jobs when you do everything you can to screw over the American workers. I'm going to print my job applications in Spanish. Mexicans are damned good workers for the most part. They don't want to unionize, they won't be on the cell phone, they just want to produce.

OK, I'll admit it: Obama is weak on border security. There, I've said it. Now it's your turn: Admit that the Republicans who are blaming Obama and the Democratic Party are simply hypocrites who are just as weak on border security as they are.

OK, I'll admit it: Obama is weak on border security. There, I've said it. Now it's your turn: Admit that the Republicans who are blaming Obama and the Democratic Party are simply hypocrites who are just as weak on border security as they are.

This tells us he's never, ever going to blame the GOP:

President Reagan made a mistake. His mistake was that he trusted the Democrats

Yes, I can see you are the quintessential Trump voter....

I don't have a wall around my house as it would cost as much as the house to build one no one could climb under. Instead of building a wall for the illegals to make tunnels under, let's instead use the money for much needed maintenance of our roads and bridges. That way, we'll get some good out of spending an outrageous amount of taxpayer money.

Good fences make good neighbors. (Robert Frost)

And there is absolutely no reason not to do both.

Good fences make good neighbors. (Robert Frost)

And there is absolutely no reason not to do both.

No, no reason at all. Why, we have plenty of money. We can do it all, all at once.

Sure. And the Mexicans won't tunnel under the new wall, no siree, we'll be secure just as soon as we buy that particular bottle of snake oil.

No, no reason at all. Why, we have plenty of money. We can do it all, all at once.

Sure. And the Mexicans won't tunnel under the new wall, no siree, we'll be secure just as soon as we buy that particular bottle of snake oil.

Or climb over, and back, in a couple of minutes.

Suspected smugglers scale U.S.-Mexico border wall, journalists captures video | Newsday

Fast forward to the end - when what looks like drug dealers decide to go back over, takes them 10-15 whole SECONDS to scale the wall.... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom