• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton to show their funny sides at annual dinner

Sounded to me like Trump was delivering his own political eulogy.

"You used to invite me into your homes, introduce me to your children, consider me your best friend........ Now I'm a scoundrel, etc..."

Roasts are still supposed to be funny, not tin foil hate-wearing whine-fests. His actual jokes went ok.

What is funny about a grown man stamping his feet and crying about how unfair it all is? And that's basically all you're doing here, insisting that the entire event was just biased against him, despite the beginning of his set going fine before he devolved into belligerent ranting.

Ok, so you wanted to allow Hillary's attacks, but disqualify all of Trump's I get it....And everyone else is partisan....Riiiiight....

Ok, so you wanted to allow Hillary's attacks, but disqualify all of Trump's I get it....And everyone else is partisan....Riiiiight....

Trump made jokes about Hillary early on that went fine. But a charity gala is not the place for his crying and moaning and it's obvious why he got booed right off stage. That you can't see it says more about you than it does about the dozens of people there who could.

Trump made jokes about Hillary early on that went fine. But a charity gala is not the place for his crying and moaning and it's obvious why he got booed right off stage. That you can't see it says more about you than it does about the dozens of people there who could.

He got booed because the venue was heavily loaded with liberal NY'ers....And, I will give you that the joke about her disdain for the Catholic Church fell flat, and should have been scratched from his prepared delivery at that event....But, a more polished jokester could have pulled that one off...

Gheeze, for years we conservatives get beat up because we didn't think that Stewart was being a comedian when he was on the daily show, or that Mahr was funny at all...now the shoe is on the other foot, and y'all can't take it.

Whoever wrote Trump's jokes needs to be fired....if he wrote his own jokes then he needs to fire himself. Major fail! You're fired!

He had 2 good moments....the pardon joke and the Melania/Michelle one.....most everything else was AWKWARD....and yes..boo worthy!

He got booed because the venue was heavily loaded with liberal NY'ers....

That's the first time I've heard the Catholic church described as liberal, lol.

Perhaps it was the fact he started calling Hillary corrupt at a light-hearted charity fundraiser.

He got booed because the venue was heavily loaded with liberal NY'ers....And, I will give you that the joke about her disdain for the Catholic Church fell flat, and should have been scratched from his prepared delivery at that event....But, a more polished jokester could have pulled that one off...

Gheeze, for years we conservatives get beat up because we didn't think that Stewart was being a comedian when he was on the daily show, or that Mahr was funny at all...now the shoe is on the other foot, and y'all can't take it.

Yeah, the Catholic powerful are such flaming liberals, what with their love of reproductive rights and marriage equality. :lol: Really reaching, aren'tcha.

This issue is that you don't think Stewart is a comedian because he talks about politics in an intelligent fashion. And the issue with everyone sane against Trump is that we wish, just for once, that he WOULD.

Or at the very least, that he would have the smallest degree of social decorum and understanding of where he is. There are children who understand what a white-tie event is better than he does.

That's the first time I've heard the Catholic church described as liberal, lol.

Perhaps it was the fact he started calling Hillary corrupt at a light-hearted charity fundraiser.

I didn't describe the Church as liberal, I said that it was a NY'er liberal crowd...It was a Roast....If they felt uncomfortable then maybe they shouldn't have gone...

Yeah, the Catholic powerful are such flaming liberals, what with their love of reproductive rights and marriage equality. :lol: Really reaching, aren'tcha.

This issue is that you don't think Stewart is a comedian because he talks about politics in an intelligent fashion. And the issue with everyone sane against Trump is that we wish, just for once, that he WOULD.

Or at the very least, that he would have the smallest degree of social decorum and understanding of where he is. There are children who understand what a white-tie event is better than he does.

You don't think that rich Catholics in NYC are liberal? Really? And the idea that you think that Stewart speaks on politics with intellect, would beg the question is that before or after he chops his clips up, and pulls them out of context so he can have his writers muse how dumb one political side is? As for social decorum, it is a Roast. I already said that the joke calling out Hillary for her hatred of Catholic's should have been scratched...What more do you want?

Sounded to me like Trump was delivering his own political eulogy.

"You used to invite me into your homes, introduce me to your children, consider me your best friend........ Now I'm a scoundrel, etc..."

He had two problems last night.

The first is that he was largely just angry, bitter, and self-pitying. That generally doesn't lend itself to humor. (Giuliani is another example of this; not being able to crack a smile over a very mild joke at your expense is just sad.)

The second is that for the most part he wasn't telling jokes. Other than the Melania and "pardon me" bits (which were funny!), he was just re-stating his stump attacks on Hillary as if they were jokes instead of letting them be the unspoken punchline of a joke.

Combine those and you get a cringeworthy performance.

He had two problems last night.

The first is that he was largely just angry, bitter, and self-pitying. That generally doesn't lend itself to humor. (Giuliani is another example of this; not being able to crack a smile over a very mild joke at your expense is just sad.)

The second is that for the most part he wasn't telling jokes. Other than the Melania and "pardon me" bits (which were funny!), he was just re-stating his stump attacks on Hillary as if they were jokes instead of letting them be the unspoken punchline of a joke.

Combine those and you get a cringeworthy performance.

And the sad and predictable thing was, after he scored with the 'pardon me' bit, he THEN went on to EXPLAIN it. A huge no-no in comedy.

Yet again proving that megalomaniacs and conservatives just can't do humor.

He was supposed to make fun of himself as well. Instead he threw his wife under the bus....and that was the end of his self deprecating jokes. The rest was all just a repeat of his stump speech attacks against Hillary..that just got worse and more malicious the more he talked. He either didn't understand or ignored the spirit of the event. I suspect the later.

But not all was lost because they had a nice exchange of words after it was over.

He was supposed to make fun of himself as well. Instead he threw his wife under the bus....and that was the end of his self deprecating jokes. The rest was all just a repeat of his stump speech attacks against Hillary..that just got worse and more malicious the more he talked. He either didn't understand or ignored the spirit of the event. I suspect the later.

But not all was lost because they had a nice exchange of words after it was over.

Face it, you and other liberal progressives just can't stand anyone that disagrees with liberal progressive ideology, and for that reason, I believe that you didn't watch that speech with any objectivity at all....Probably the same way you would feel about me if I were criticizing Hillary's speech last night....:shrug:

Face it, you and other liberal progressives just can't stand anyone that disagrees with liberal progressive ideology, and for that reason, I believe that you didn't watch that speech with any objectivity at all....Probably the same way you would feel about me if I were criticizing Hillary's speech last night....:shrug:

Face it: you desperately need for that to be the case to distract from the fact that Trump blew it, as was predictable, because for him, everything is about Trump.

Why pretend you have objectivity?

I don't mind disagreement....unless it's based on lies and bitter tears....which most of your claims usually are. :shrug:

When was the last time you were objective over anything about Clinton or liberals or anything that disagreed with your partisan agenda and narrative?

Face it: you desperately need for that to be the case to distract from the fact that Trump blew it, as was predictable, because for him, everything is about Trump.

Why pretend you have objectivity?

Who said I did? But I have enough class not to trash totally Hillary's trainwreck of a performance....

I don't mind disagreement....unless it's based on lies and bitter tears....which most of your claims usually are. :shrug:

When was the last time you were objective over anything about Clinton or liberals or anything that disagreed with your partisan agenda and narrative?

I don't claim to be objective, but I have better sense than to show my ass at every turn....Take a look, very rarely do I attack unless attacked first.

Yeah, Hillary repeatedly made fun of herself. I particularly like where she said she wasn't boring, she was the life of every party she'd attended... and she had attended three! She also made fun of her pants suits, and generally seemed to understand the spirit of the event she was attending. Not something I can say about Trump... or Guiliani, for that matter!

Yeah, Hillary repeatedly made fun of herself. I particularly like where she said she wasn't boring, she was the life of every party she'd attended... and she had attended three! She also made fun of her pants suits, and generally seemed to understand the spirit of the event she was attending. Not something I can say about Trump... or Guiliani, for that matter!

I liked her "basket of adorables" comment...I wasn't expecting that. lol

But yeah...there's not too much one can say about Ghouliani these days except...

nosferrudy_dees.jpg

What joke? The event? It's not funny.

The event is very funny and a great American tradition. People with a sense of humor and those that respect American traditions look forward to this event. It is meant to be an expression of civility.

People like Donald Trump, who has already made a mockery out of the office of the Presidency by being in a race he has no business being in, tarnishing it with the crassness of the trailer trash he is..... and who maybe one of the most humorous public persons ever, take the fun out of this for everyone.

Who even gives a **** about the spirit of some royal event?

The event should be set on fire and left to rot.

It's not a 'royal' event. It's an annual charity dinner to raise money for needy children. This year's event raised $6 million dollars.

"Committed to those who are the most in need and the least visible to society, The Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation provides yearly financial support to not-for-profit organizations working with children who are impoverished, neglected, abused, emotionally troubled and physically handicapped."

The Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation

Last edited:

Come on - Trump took plenty of shots at himself ("humility", "temperament") - and the one he took at Melania was the funniest of the night!

Back
Top Bottom