• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump attacks Spike Lee over 'racist hit' during Oscars acceptance speech

Actually, you're doing a horrible job getting up to speed on what's happening here. I would suggest you're the only person taking this discussion seriously. One more butthurt Trump supporter getting all bunched in the underpants is hardly cause for such seriousness. Let me see if I can help.

Story: Guy uses his platform to share political views, as is his right.

Reaction: Trump fans get super vexed that anyone would dare speak ill of their boy.

Reaction to Reaction: hahahahaha

The end.

We good?

Yes, I am taking this seriously. Not what Bucky said...what he stated was his opinion. He's entitled to it. What you stated however was a strawman. And while you're certainly entitled to make straw men you should expect to be called on it. Instead of make a straw man why not address what he actually said? Discuss whether it was warranted or not?

You want to know why I'm taking it seriously? Because your reaction is not solving ANYTHING. It is perpetuating a problem that this country currently has. Which is talking past people instead of talking TO people.

I'm still trying to figure out what about Lee's acceptance speech was "racist."

Yes, I am taking this seriously. Not what Bucky said...what he stated was his opinion. He's entitled to it. What you stated however was a strawman. And while you're certainly entitled to make straw men you should expect to be called on it. Instead of make a straw man why not address what he actually said? Discuss whether it was warranted or not?

You want to know why I'm taking it seriously? Because your reaction is not solving ANYTHING. It is perpetuating a problem that this country currently has. Which is talking past people instead of talking TO people.

Oh, but your reaction is solving this, world hunger, and putting a permanent colony on the moon. :roll:

Ok, you want direct? It's a damn joke that anyone who supports Trump has ANYTHING to say, whatsoever, about the classiness of others. Fix your own house, then you can talk. Until then it's just noise... Fact is, nothing that is being complained about in this thread has a ounce of legitimacy, for any number of reasons, including your weird meltdown.

There was no strawman. There was no talking past vs to, or whatever you're trying to suggest. There was me laughing. That's it. Because that's all this deserved. Sorry, all the horse**** discussion around Trump's disgusting behavior, all the denial, all the excuses, all the insults hurled at anyone who dared call it out, to the point that media has been declared the Enemy of the People by an American president, has lead to this. The bar has been set, not by "us", but by those who support Trump. You don't get to act all high and mighty now, friend.

Maybe if the discussion was lead out in any other way than suggesting a man should apologize for exercising his freedom of speech, simply because it spoke ill of Trump, then I would have felt inspired to craft a more thoughtful response. But while often I write seriously, other times I write for the fun of it, and in this case, one more time, there's nothing worth getting serious about.

You want to elevate the conversation? Coach those who start with garbage out of the gates, not me, who is merely having a chuckle at it. They're your problem, not me.

Now, get off my nuts, or I'll have to start charging rent. :lol: Or do you wish to continue to give folks on "your side" a pass for making the joke, but bust my balls for laughing at it?

Donnie Moscow is such a stupid, butt-hurt little ***** he thinks Spike Lee’s call for people to do the right thing & vote is racist.

Your opinion means nothing.

Spike Lee is a powerful voice for people of color. Of course Trump's gonna panic. Lee is rallying the troops, and Trump is scared.

Oh, but your reaction is solving this, world hunger, and putting a permanent colony on the moon. :roll:

Where did I state any of this?

Ok, you want direct? It's a damn joke that anyone who supports Trump has ANYTHING to say, whatsoever, about the classiness of others. Fix your own house, then you can talk. Until then it's just noise... Fact is, nothing that is being complained about in this thread has a ounce of legitimacy, for any number of reasons, including your weird meltdown.

There was no strawman. There was no talking past vs to, or whatever you're trying to suggest. There was me laughing. That's it. Because that's all this deserved. Sorry, all the horse**** discussion around Trump's disgusting behavior, all the denial, all the excuses, all the insults hurled at anyone who dared call it out, to the point that media has been declared the Enemy of the People by an American president, has lead to this. The bar has been set, not by "us", but by those who support Trump. You don't get to act all high and mighty now, friend.

Maybe if the discussion was lead out in any other way than suggesting a man should apologize for exercising his freedom of speech, simply because it spoke ill of Trump, then I would have felt inspired to craft a more thoughtful response. But while often I write seriously, other times I write for the fun of it, and in this case, one more time, there's nothing worth getting serious about.

You want to elevate the conversation? Coach those who start with garbage out of the gates, not me, who is merely having a chuckle at it. They're your problem, not me.

Now, get off my nuts, or I'll have to start charging rent. :lol: Or do you wish to continue to give folks on "your side" a pass for making the joke, but bust my balls for laughing at it?

My meltdown? See, that's another part of the problem. Progressives seem to love throwing that out. Anyone that doesn't agree with their disagreement is either having a "meltdown" or being "childish" or "whining" or ...well...I'm sure you get the picture. Its all that you have because you can't actually debate what is said. Its your way of dismissing what anyone says that doesn't fit your narrative. And it just proves that you really are talking past people instead of talking to people. So thanks for proving my point.

And yes, you did present a straw man. Bucky didn't ONCE say that Spike Lee didn't have a right to say what he did. Yet your post says that is what he was doing. That is the very definition of a straw man.

As for me giving a pass to anyone on my side...I don't have a side. That's the wonderful part about being an Independent. I don't have sides. I've called out everyone on both sides of the aisle in the past and I will continue to do so.

Where did I state any of this?

You didn't. I was being sarcastic. Your approach is solving nothing. :shrug:

My meltdown? See, that's another part of the problem. Progressives seem to love throwing that out. Anyone that doesn't agree with their disagreement is either having a "meltdown" or being "childish" or "whining" or ...well...I'm sure you get the picture. Its all that you have because you can't actually debate what is said. Its your way of dismissing what anyone says that doesn't fit your narrative. And it just proves that you really are talking past people instead of talking to people. So thanks for proving my point.

No, your meltdown is continuing to have issue with someone who already told you they weren't being serious in the first place. You came looking for a fight, and found me sitting here simply laughing. It's got nothing to do with what you're saying, I happen to agree. Just...wrong place, wrong time, wasted on the wrong guy. Boxing ring is down the hall, this is the comedy club. Get it?

And yes, you did present a straw man. Bucky didn't ONCE say that Spike Lee didn't have a right to say what he did. Yet your post says that is what he was doing. That is the very definition of a straw man.

You are exhausting. Repeat with me - Nate doesn't care. Nate doesn't care. Nate doesn't care. Now try - Nate was having a laugh. Nate was having a laugh. Nate was having a laugh.

At this point I'm pretty sure you're interjecting meaning into what both Bucky AND I said...you're trying so hard to have this fight that you're making it up as you go. I didn't use a "straw man" because I wasn't saying what you are saying I said. I wasn't saying Bucky was saying anything. Hell, I don't even care what Bucky says most of the time. Rather, the point I was making was that no, he shouldn't apologize, because he wasn't doing anything wrong, he was simply using his first amendment right to speak his mind. I'm not sure how to make this any easier to understand...diagram?

As for me giving a pass to anyone on my side...I don't have a side. That's the wonderful part about being an Independent. I don't have sides. I've called out everyone on both sides of the aisle in the past and I will continue to do so.

Cool. By all means, call out. I do the same. But pro tip: Be sure to save your call outs for when you actually have a bit of situational awareness, and the thing you are defending is worth it, and if you need to misrepresent someone, you probably shouldn't be calling them out in the first place. There's nothing more embarrassing than a back fired call out. You're going to read back through this thread and realize you're coming completely out of left field...when you do, don't worry, I still think you're a good fella... ;)

But since you didn't get off my nuts on first request, you now owe me a buck worth of rent. In USD, if you don't mind. That's like 50 bucks up here.

Donald Trump attacks Spike Lee over '''racist hit''' during Oscars acceptance speech | Fox News

Spike Lee's was completely out of control last night. His antics were childish and shameful. He should apologize to Trump and the entire staff on the Green Book. The BlackKKKlansman wasn't a great movie IMO. He acted like he was at a sporting event.
1. What makes you think that not every single person there didn’t agree with Lee and support what he said?
2. Until Trump apologizes to everyone he has insulted/attacked, don’t come around saying anyone should apologize for talking **** about him.

Spike Lee is one of the most vulgar black men of high power in our country. Guy had zero class last night.
He has a ways to go to catch Donald Chump in that Department. Too bad people do not hold their POTUS to a higher standard....or how about medium standard

It's no wonder to me why some people hate Spike Lee. Occam's Razor, people.

Donald Trump attacks Spike Lee over '''racist hit''' during Oscars acceptance speech | Fox News

Spike Lee's was completely out of control last night. His antics were childish and shameful. He should apologize to Trump and the entire staff on the Green Book. The BlackKKKlansman wasn't a great movie IMO. He acted like he was at a sporting event.

lol...funny how when a boorish guy is white the Right elects him president. But, should one happen to be Black, they start a thread to bitch about him, even if he is just a Hollywood director.

Spike Lee is a powerful voice for people of color. Of course Trump's gonna panic. Lee is rallying the troops, and Trump is scared.

Spike Lee is a loudmouth race baiter.

Why was Spike Lee dressed in the Joker's clothes?

Another day goes by, another butthurt Trump tweet about a celebrity not liking him. Trump idolizes the "Hollywood Elite" and "Coastal Elite". The idea that he is for the working man is laughable.

The first think Lee did was spew an expletive and tell producers that the time limit didn't apply to him, and I could be wrong, but was HIS name mentioned in the envelope's list of winners?

Spike Lee's only talent is being an unapologetic racist. Strangely, there seems to be a big market for that in Hollywood.

Racists, bigots and elitists.

No one here defending Trump can explain why Trump:
- called it racist
- commented at all on this at all as POTUS

Trump is triggered again :lol:

tumblr_oj4unhX0za1qinrtgo1_1280.jpg

No one here defending Trump can explain why Trump:
- called it racist
- commented at all on this at all as POTUS

That's because they don't have any answers. They're blind cult members. To be a cult member you have to actively stop yourself from questioning your cult leaders actions.

:roll:... Spike Lee has no reason to apologize to Trump, the Academy Awards has their own means of deciding who wins, and the social and economic numbers for minorities improving predates Trump.

Lee's stumping for the Dems in 2019 was pretty much de rigeur for Hollywood, so I certainly don't think he in particular owes Trump an apology.

I do, however, think Lee owes all Native Americans an apology for using the historical fact of Native American marginalization-- not "genocide"-- as a rhetorical club to attack White America.

If there hadn't been a thread here on Spike, I had planned to start one titled, "Spike Lee Doesn't Care About Native Americans."

I confess I haven't seen a Spike Lee film in ten years. Yet somehow I suspect that none of them make any use of Native American characters, unless some person with a dominant African heritage evinces some N.A. ancestry.

If he's not going to use what power he has in Hollywood to make films spotlighting Native Americans, then he really has no right to discuss their situation, especially since he clearly cares only about his own people.

The president is one of the most vulgar white men in the country. Guy had zero class this morning.

He never lets a slight from a celebrity go unanswered. He is a pathetic, petty child who whittles away his time b!tching on Twitter when he should be running a country.

Compared to many of Trump's other tweets, the one against Lee was actually pretty mild, albeit not well reasoned.

I don't think Lee is so much a racist as an opportunist, not to mention-- given his poor behavior at the awards-- a lousy sport.

Hey, Spike, if you hate all White Culture so much, why do you want a damned Oscar? Do you really think it's going to make a difference in what projects you get made?

No argument that Trump is a whiner. But Lee is too.

Back
Top Bottom