• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DOJ Drops Criminal Case against ex-Trump adviser Flynn

No matter how you guys slice it it's still baloney.

Baloney borscht.

So you're down the FBI and the DOJ conducting meritless partisan investigations and prosecutions?

It proves no such thing, unless you are ok with the inherent circular reasoning. Trump wanted Flynn off the hook. Barr found a cleaver way to save Trump from using his limited political capital on a pardon.

Frankly, its much more proof of just how corrupt the Trump administration really is and how is supporters are other too ignorant to understand the role a substantially independent justice department plays in ensuring the strength of our democracy or simply lack the patriotism to care.

Every time I see this it pisses me off.

The US Department of Justice is NOT independent. Read your Constitution. It is part of the Executive Branch and as such answers to the President of the United States.

Flynn should now sue for wrongful prosecution. He's been bankrupted by the politically corrupt and they should now pay.

Maybe the Right wingers can hold a music concert to aid him - Ted Nugent could be the main act and people can donate. I am sure Putin would make a sizable donation.

I'll be happy to get out of the hell you're going to be stuck in. Enjoy your self-mad hell.

It's not so bad lady. And yeah, I'm including the virus victims in that as well so save your breath.

It is your choice (and your sons) to abandon your country for the third world just because you hate the current president of this one.

The colossal incompetence of the Trump admin will allow all of the wild animal viruses to kill off humanity by then. Planet Earth is fighting back against the polluters who wish to destroy it. Today’s version of the Industrial Revolution is destroying ALL Animal and Plant life.

Hopefully we get rid of bats and pangolins fast enough to stop this from happening again.

Connected?
House Judiciary Committee Republicans

Personal opinion: Wray is about to get thrown under the bus. Rightly so? Maybe, maybe not, but Congress shouldn't be getting information from court filings, they should be getting them directly from Wray in regards to FBI misconduct.

And that would be appealed. And the judge made to look like a fool.

Actually the judge would be completely within his own powers and authority since Flynn has already admitted his guilt before him in court. .

AP Exclusive: Justice Dept dropping Flynn'''s criminal case

More proof that the Mueller investigation was a complete waste of time. At least Flynn gets justice.

It didn't help their case when documents that came out showing the FBI was talking about purposefully trying to get him to lie, in effect admitting the FBI does perjury traps, and that they also didn't follow proper procedures when using Flynn's son as coercion to get him to plea to the charges.

It's not so bad lady. And yeah, I'm including the virus victims in that as well so save your breath.

It is your choice (and your sons) to abandon your country for the third world just because you hate the current president of this one.

What Trump has done is turn this country into one that nobody can recognize as the same country that our fathers and uncles, our school friends and neighbor's kid died fighting for. This is not the America we were meant to be. This is a takeover of democracy -- it's gone.

Let us hope the federal judge refuses to accept this and sentences Flynn to prison with him hauled off the same day in cuffs. Anything less than that means that there no longer is a rule of law in the USA and Trump is responsible for that.

You're one of those who automatically thinks any accusation against President Trump, his families or his allies is true don't you?

I thought you were smarter than that.

Ratcliffe will continue the work Grinnell started. Grinnell should be re-deployed to pull the next plug
and keep draining the swamp. Let the drip become a torrent. He's a strategic nuke.

And soon will come Durham. Should be interesting to see what the scumbag Dems do when the truth is revealed!

Actually the judge would be completely within his own powers and authority since Flynn has already admitted his guilt before him in court. .

Sure. And the judge would be overturned on appeal.

What Trump has done is turn this country into one that nobody can recognize as the same country that our fathers and uncles, our school friends and neighbors kid that died fighting for. This is not the America we were meant to be. This is a takeover of democracy -- it's gone.

Oh please. You think that one election in 2016 has managed to change more than two CENTURIES of the United States??

You're smarter than that.

I hope.

Trump's DOJ drops case against Trump adviser? Shocking, I tell you. From OP link:

The U.S. attorney reviewing the Flynn case, Jeff Jensen, recommended the move to Attorney General William Barr last week and formalized the recommendation in a document this week. “Through the course of my review of General Flynn’s case, I concluded the proper and just course was to dismiss the case,” Jensen said in a statement. “I briefed Attorney General Barr on my findings, advised him on these conclusions, and he agreed.”
The decision comes as Barr has increasingly challenged the Russia investigation, saying in a television interview last month that it was started “without any basis.” In February, he overruled a decision by prosecutors in the Roger Stone case in favor of a more lenient recommended sentence for the longtime Trump friend.
Justice Department officials visited the White House two days later to warn officials that they feared that Flynn was compromised and vulnerable to blackmail by Russia because of his account of what was said on the call. White House officials waited several weeks to oust him from the job, saying they’d concluded that Flynn had lied to them. Flynn pleaded guilty that December, becoming among the first of the president’s aides to admit guilt in Mueller’s investigation. He acknowledged that he lied about his conversations with Kislyak, in which he encourage Russia not to retaliate against the U.S. for sanctions imposed by the Obama administration over election interference.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the right order. I'm sure Trump didn't talk to Barr, who didn't talk to Jensen beforehand. I'm sure Jensen reached this decision after his own personal contientious reflection, and that this wasn't designed to make it look like this wasn't a top-down order. I'm also sure the Trumpists who will cheer this toady behavior on as if it's exoneration would do exactly the same thing, had Obama's AG quashed a case against an Obama adviser.

I'm sure this isn't another distraction from Trump's 70ish days of lying and denying about COVID-19, that got tens of thousands killed who didn't need to. I'm sure it isn't designed just to get Trumpists screaming about deep states and exoneration, even though they too know perfectly well this is no more and no less than a political maneuver: Trump tells Barr to quash the case against Flynn.

^^
That was all sarcastic, btw.

Not that any of Obama's people went around criming. <-- That was not sarcastic.

Oh, and I'm sure that the people supposedly outraged that Flynn was some forced to lie (Obama deep state? Or his mind control worms from space?) were just as outraged at what they call the "perjury trap" that forced Clinton to lie about a private blowjob, leading to impeachment. <--- Sarcastic again. Naughty me.

Hmmmm. Someone told you so. How many times now have we been right and the leftists completely wrong? Getting embarrassing for the lefties.

De Nile isn't only a river in Egypt.

You are the one who has been rowing on the de Nile for the past few years.

Flynn lied to the vice president about his contacts with the Russian ambassador -- this is the core of the case against him. It is the reason Trump said Flynn resigned as national security adviser.

And its not illegal to lie to the vice president.

T
he lie to the number 2 in the line of succession compromised Flynn to the Kremlin and subjected the retired Army intelligence chief Lt.Gen. Flynn to blackmail etc. It compromised Flynn with the US Government officers of the military, national intelligence, federal investigations.

Considering that the FBI knew what was actually said in that phone conversation, its kind of tough to see how Russia could blackmail Flynn.

Maybe the Right wingers can hold a music concert to aid him - Ted Nugent could be the main act and people can donate. I am sure Putin would make a sizable donation.

Don't have to. He's going to sue the living **** out of the people that did this to him.

Let us hope the federal judge refuses to accept this and sentences Flynn to prison with him hauled off the same day in cuffs. Anything less than that means that there no longer is a rule of law in the USA and Trump is responsible for that.

The law requires that any misrepresentation to the FBI concern a material fact of the investigation.
The law also requires the FBI to show that there is a good faith reason for conducting an investigation. I am quite sure that such a standard of law enforcement is a standard of which you approve and support.

Since the information being released over the past week continues to show there was no good faith reason to investigate Mr. Flynn, the case was dropped.
As any responsible prosecutor would do.

Sure. And the judge would be overturned on appeal.

Looks like it mostly Comey.

Matters came to a head on January 24, 2017. That morning, Yates contacted Director
Comey to demand that the FBI notify the White House of the communications. Ex. 3 at 5; Ex. 4
at 4. Director Comey did not initially return her call. Ex. 4 at 4. When Director Comey called
her back later that day, he advised her that the FBI agents were already on their way to the White
House to interview Mr. Flynn. Ex. 3 at 5; Ex. 4 at 4. Acting Attorney General Yates was
“flabbergasted” and “dumbfounded,” and other senior DOJ officials “hit the roof” upon hearing
of this development, given that “an interview of Flynn should have been coordinated with DOJ.”
Ex. 3 at 6; Ex. 4 at 5.

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2020/images/05/07/flynn.pdf

Why would Putin do that?
There is no evidence of any such connection.
And that, sir, is why the case was thrown out.
And you know what that means.

Don't have to. He's going to sue the living **** out of the people that did this to him.

He already told the judge in court that he lied.

The law requires that any misrepresentation to the FBI concern a material fact of the investigation.
The law also requires the FBI to show that there is a good faith reason for conducting an investigation. I am quite sure that such a standard of law enforcement is a standard of which you approve and support.

Since the information being released over the past week continues to show there was no good faith reason to investigate Mr. Flynn, the case was dropped.
As any responsible prosecutor would do.

Flynn already admitted he lied to the judge in court and that admission is on the record.

Back
Top Bottom