• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dogs Should Be Banned From Police Use

My neighbor is a k-nine PO...when he's off duty, his poor German Shepherd stays in a small kennel all the time...maybe 4'x10'...hottest hot weather and coldest cold weather...I go out on the deck and talk to him sometimes, i feel so bad for him...:(

If there was a god, the cop would be in the cage and the dog would have run of the house and access to the fridge. /jk

My dogs have a pretty extensive vocabulary...they know the words, do ya want supper, do ya wanna eat, do you have to go out, go poop, go pee, stop that, no, quiet, stop barking, ya ready to go to bed, get out of the kitchen, you know the drill, go downstairs, go out on the deck, twirl around, just to name a few...and they both know their names...so there...:2razz:

My dog doesn't know any of that. He's incredibly stupid and has to be reminded where his food bowl is placed in the same spot everyday. That's why his name is Dog. Don't want to get him more confused. But he does remember to pee on a nasty neighbor's rose bushes every day at least twice each day.

Maybe but I don't think you give them enough credit...my older dog tries to talk...at times it sounds exactly like he says nooooo when we tell him to stop barking...

My dog doesn't know any of that. He's incredibly stupid and has to be reminded where his food bowl is placed in the same spot everyday. That's why his name is Dog. Don't want to get him more confused. But he does remember to pee on a nasty neighbor's rose bushes every day at least twice each day.

But cha love him anyway, right?

Who else will clean my ice cream bowl and beer steins? He's a working dog. My best pal.

I have a little Roomba vacuum and she didn't cost a dime...I just turn her loose in the kitchen after we eat and the floor is swept clean...:giggle1:

I have a little Roomba vacuum and she didn't cost a dime...I just turn her loose in the kitchen after we eat and the floor is swept clean...:giggle1:

Mine leaves more hair than he picks up. And he ain't little. :)

Mine leaves more hair than he picks up. And he ain't little. :)

Well yeah, there's that...I need a vacuum for my vacuum...:2razz:...and she ain't supposed to be little...she's a choc. lab mix but only weighs about 30 lbs...looks like a miniature lab...

You know that the dog doesn't understand what you are saying though... right?

BS dogs understand many words. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...and-human-speech-scientists-say-a7216481.html

Can dogs understand what we say? | Dog Training | Animal Planet

"It turns out that people who talk to their dogs may be on to something. Studies show that the average dog can understand about 165 different words, in some cases more if you make a point of training them. This includes the basic commands such as "sit," "stay," and "go," as well as a range of other terms, assuming they're tangible words and not abstract ideas."

Well yeah, there's that...I need a vacuum for my vacuum...:2razz:...and she ain't supposed to be little...she's a choc. lab mix but only weighs about 30 lbs...looks like a miniature lab...

All labs are the best, except during the 1st year, teething. "Was that my couch?" Worth it. Can always replace a couch. But cleaning up the mess is a PITA. :)

My daughter has a lab Malamute mix. There are days when she's not sure if she will kill her kids or the dog first, but then the dog runs her a hot bubble bath. Her husband says "leave me out of this." He and the dog have a prior agreement based on beer and the dog not telling anyone her husband cheats when playing poker with their kids. :)

View attachment 67241681

Coming to an office massacre near you.

...and guaranteed to hit the intended targets too. Wait...software is written by people...so 50% chance it will hit the intended targets. On the plus side robots don't need to be trained and shown affection.

I had one that would give a little yip after being told to stop ... almost like she had to have the last word lol

There are more than a few “yippers” here @ DP!

Sometime back I made a thread about how dogs are often inaccurate in sniffing out drugs and that there can be false positives where a police dog supposedly sniffs drugs when there are in fact no drugs. Well that's not the only reason why dogs should be banned from police use. Here is all the more reason why police should not be allowed to use dogs in their line of work.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-dog-attack-didnt-violate-womans-rights-judge-rules

They should be replaced by attack gerbils.

You know that the dog doesn't understand what you are saying though... right?

You don't understand what people say so .................. are you really just jealous that you can't lick your own balls ?

Maybe but I don't think you give them enough credit...my older dog tries to talk...at times it sounds exactly like he says nooooo when we tell him to stop barking...

I give them lots of credit... but it is important to remain objective as well.

I give them lots of credit... but it is important to remain objective as well.

Oh I am...my dogs are a part of my family and when I lose one, I grieve accordingly...

All labs are the best, except during the 1st year, teething. "Was that my couch?" Worth it. Can always replace a couch. But cleaning up the mess is a PITA. :)

My daughter has a lab Malamute mix. There are days when she's not sure if she will kill her kids or the dog first, but then the dog runs her a hot bubble bath. Her husband says "leave me out of this." He and the dog have a prior agreement based on beer and the dog not telling anyone her husband cheats when playing poker with their kids. :)

If it is a mute then it can't hear the words... nice try though. :lol:

Oh I am...my dogs are a part of my family and when I lose one, I grieve accordingly...

Did you lose one here? I missed that here... sorry.

Back
Top Bottom