• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does God hate some people? Poll included.

Does God hate some people?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

vasuderatorrent

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
Does God hate some people?

Does God hate some people? I say, "yes".

Psalms 5:5-6 HCSB The boastful cannot stand in Your presence; You hate all evildoers. You destroy those who tell lies; the LORD abhors a man of bloodshed and treachery.

Psalms 11:5 HCSB The LORD examines the righteous and the wicked. He hates the lover of violence.

Leviticus 20:23 HCSB You must not follow the statues of the nations I am driving out before you, for they did all these things, and I abhored them.

Hosea 9:15 HCSB All their evil appears at Gilgal, for there I came to hate them. I will drive them from My house because of their evil, wicked actions. I will no longer love them; all their leaders are rebellious.

Is this scripture a contradiction?

1 John 4:7-11 HCSB Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love. God's love was revealed among us in this way. God sent His One and Only Son into the world so that we might live through Him. Love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Dear friends, if God loved us in this way, we also must love one another. No one has ever seen God. If we love one another, God remains in us and His love is perfected in us.

Re: Does God hate some people?

Psalms 5:5-6 HCSB The boastful cannot stand in Your presence; You hate all evildoers. You destroy those who tell lies; the LORD abhors a man of bloodshed and treachery.

Psalms 11:5 HCSB The LORD examines the righteous and the wicked. He hates the lover of violence.

Leviticus 20:23 HCSB You must not follow the statues of the nations I am driving out before you, for they did all these things, and I abhored them.

Hosea 9:15 HCSB All their evil appears at Gilgal, for there I came to hate them. I will drive them from My house because of their evil, wicked actions. I will no longer love them; all their leaders are rebellious.

1 John 4:7-11 HCSB

Nope no contradiction at all. My kid does something wrong say really wrong. do i hate him for it? no. do i hate what he did? yes.
same scope applies.

God loves people and hates sin. He will not tolerate sin and there are some people that embrace evil with open arms.

1 John 4:7-11 HCSB Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love. God's love was revealed among us in this way. God sent His One and Only Son into the world so that we might live through Him. Love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Dear friends, if God loved us in this way, we also must love one another. No one has ever seen God. If we love one another, God remains in us and His love is perfected in us.

Sorry. I forgot the poll.

No. You need to take the bible as a whole ig you would wish to understand it.

No. You need to take the bible as a whole ig you would wish to understand it.

People go to hell. That makes no sense for a God of love to allow that. It's obvious that there are some people that God hates or at minimum that he doesn't love. I offered scripture to back up that logic.

I didn't have the time to post the whole Bible. Even if I did I doubt people would take the time to read my post.

Nope no contradiction at all. My kid does something wrong say really wrong. do i hate him for it? no. do i hate what he did? yes.
same scope applies.

God loves people and hates sin. He will not tolerate sin and there are some people that embrace evil with open arms.

God hates all evildoers. God hates the lover of violence. God abhored the nations the preceded Israel. God came to hate the people of Gilgal. I doubt there is anything that your kid could do that would cause you to hate him. He's your kid. There is probably something that your neighbors kid could do that would cause you to hate him/her.

That brings me to another question. Are we all the children (kids) of God? I'd say no to that question.

That brings me to another question. Are we all the children (kids) of God? I'd say no to that question.
Well that's sure an easily manipulated perspective to justify violence.

My kid does something wrong say really wrong. do i hate him for it? no.

In this verse God is talking to a human being who is not one of the children of God.

John 8:44 HCSB said:
You are of your father the Devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of liars.

Well that's sure an easily manipulated perspective to justify violence.

That wouldn't be the first time the Bible was accused of that. The Bible says what it says. An accusation that certain scripture has the potential to insight violence does not change what it says. I am debating what the Bible says not what the Bible does.

People go to hell. That makes no sense for a God of love to allow that. It's obvious that there are some people that God hates or at minimum that he doesn't love. I offered scripture to back up that logic.

I didn't have the time to post the whole Bible. Even if I did I doubt people would take the time to read my post.

In this verse God is talking to a human being who is not one of the children of God.

All of us are God's children, and he loves us all.

God does not send us to Hell. He tells us how to avoid going to Hell. If we choose to disregard him, and to make the choices that leads us to Hell, that is on us, not on him.

It's like a mortal parent telling his young child not to play with fire. If the child disregards the parent's command not to play with fire, and ends up burning himself, it's not the parent's fault. Getting burned is a natural consequence of playing with fire when you don't know how to safely handle it.

God does not hate anyone. Some religions teach hate. Fortunately for us, the Christian religion mostly ignores the Bible passages that seem to preach hate. Unfortunately, the Muslims don't ignore the passages in the Koran that preach hate.

There is an interesting discussion about Islam and hatred here.

But that is religion, made by man, and not god.

God made man. Man made religion.

God does not hate anyone. Some religions teach hate. Fortunately for us, the Christian religion mostly ignores the Bible passages that seem to preach hate. Unfortunately, the Muslims don't ignore the passages in the Koran that preach hate.

There is an interesting discussion about Islam and hatred here.

But that is religion, made by man, and not god.

God made man. Man made religion.

Do you look at everything through PC eyewear? The verses clearly say God hates..... What's there to deny, and why should we?

Do you look at everything through PC eyewear? The verses clearly say God hates..... What's there to deny, and why should we?

Don't the verses also say that god (alone?) judges? There are many claims made of the "true" word of god yet, since they conflict with each other, some must be false.

Moderator's Warning:
Merging with the other thread.

All of us are God's children, and he loves us all.

God does not send us to Hell. He tells us how to avoid going to Hell. If we choose to disregard him, and to make the choices that leads us to Hell, that is on us, not on him.

It's like a mortal parent telling his young child not to play with fire. If the child disregards the parent's command not to play with fire, and ends up burning himself, it's not the parent's fault. Getting burned is a natural consequence of playing with fire when you don't know how to safely handle it.

'DO exactly what I say, or I will burn you forever in hell'.

Riggght. Makes no sense what so ever.

Don't the verses also say that god (alone?) judges? There are many claims made of the "true" word of god yet, since they conflict with each other, some must be false.

Not getting your point.

Not getting your point.

Each religion, even each sect (subset?) within them, has some differences with the others - yet they all claim to be based on the "true" word of god.

The mystery here is how Gods sovereignty allows for mans responsibility. We know that our choices are real and at the same time there is nothing that can happen outside of Gods control. So in one sense yes God loves and desires ALL people, but in another sense, we have chosen to reject God, therefore not all people have been saved.

'DO exactly what I say, or I will burn you forever in hell'.

Riggght. Makes no sense what so ever.

Would you prefer that he give us no guidance at all, leaving us to make the worst choices and suffer the consequences thereof without having ever been warned away from those bad choices?

People go to hell. That makes no sense for a God of love to allow that.

Sure it does. The alternative is to allow the Hitlers, Stalins, Bundy's, etc., to screw up the lives of the people in Heaven. Love doesn't allow evil to run amok and maim and kill one's own people.

The mystery here is how Gods sovereignty allows for mans responsibility. We know that our choices are real and at the same time there is nothing that can happen outside of Gods control. So in one sense yes God loves and desires ALL people, but in another sense, we have chosen to reject God, therefore not all people have been saved.

Not all people have chosen to be saved.

Sure it does. The alternative is to allow the Hitlers, Stalins, Bundy's, etc., to screw up the lives of the people in Heaven. Love doesn't allow evil to run amok and maim and kill one's own people.

God hates Hitler.

Back
Top Bottom