• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does Darwinism lead to bigotry?

I truly do not understand what you are trying to say about my posts. shall I simplify for you.

Wagner wrote of his anti-Semitic feelings BEFORE Darwin published on the subject of evolution.

The fact that he continued to write and have published similar screeds after 1859, does not negate the fact that he first stated his beliefs BEFORE Darwin published.

"being a wikipedia entry" one should look at some of the references provided, that's what the numbers in the brackets are indicating.

LOL.......

If you don't know what the eugenics movement is, and the fact that it was AMERICAN PROGRESSIVES that were the motivating force behind it, the ignorant one would be you.....

Try and keep up.

You might begin by using the link I provided.

You can educate yourself beyond that on your own.

Somer -

I bet he uses the same few sources / arguments so here: Wayno's "argument(s)" They just kinda start there. :cheers:

I looked briefly online and didn't see anything that was easily accessible or that seemed like what I would consider a legitimate source.

Well that certainly doesn't mean they don't exist, but it becomes increasingly unlikely. I'd recommend not trying to link the two.

Again, the Op's argument would be stupid regardless of what Wagner based his arguments on. Because Wagner would be misapplying the actual science. It's like critiquing Quantum mechanics because the shucksters on the secret used it

But ignorance is still ignorant and, as annoying as it may be, ignorance can influence. (i.e. those dumb chain emails)

Well that certainly doesn't mean they don't exist, but it becomes increasingly unlikely. I'd recommend not trying to link the two.

I'm not trying to link the two. It's what I recall reading in numerous academic texts, when covering the assimilated jews of Europe and their failure to integrate into larger European society

But ignorance is still ignorant and, as annoying as it may be, ignorance can influence. (i.e. those dumb chain emails)

Sorry, information not being readily accessible on the internet doesn't mean there is no validity to it.

Somer -

I bet he uses the same few sources / arguments so here: Wayno's "argument(s)" They just kinda start there. :cheers:

Actually one of the links I provided was from the Israeli holocaust memorial and the other was from Wagner's personal writings.

I'm not trying to link the two. It's what I recall reading in numerous academic texts, when covering the assimilated jews of Europe and their failure to integrate into larger European society

I'd like to glance at them. Name?

Sorry, information not being readily accessible on the internet doesn't mean there is no validity to it.

Certainly not but if there isn't a source then it's less than likely to be true (to say the least).

Actually one of the links I provided was from the Israeli holocaust memorial and the other was from Wagner's personal writings.

I wasn't talking to you or about you so... unless you're Wayno or Mrs. Wayno, then:

tumblr_lp8j0a1sRR1qiqv2o.gif

Last edited:
I wasn't talking to you or about you so... unless you're Wayno or Mrs. Wayno, then:

tumblr_lp8j0a1sRR1qiqv2o.gif

the quote you posted, and commented on, was directed at me ...

I'd like to glance at them. Name?

One I think, was Charles D. Smith's Palistine and the Arab/Iraeli conflict. But any basic history covoring that period and region should mention it. I'm pretty sure it's basic stuff

Certainly not but if there isn't a source then it's less than likely to be true (to say the least).

You seem to confusing a lack of an easily accessible online source and the absence of a source. Also, I provided two here, already

the quote you posted, and commented on, was directed at me ...

Did I refer to you? Nope. Somer and Wayno was all my post was regarding. Reading comprehension, try it some time.

One I think, was Charles D. Smith's Palistine and the Arab/Iraeli conflict. But any basic history covoring that period and region should mention it. I'm pretty sure it's basic stuff

Hmm. I'll look in to it.

You seem to confusing a lack of an easily accessible online source and the absence of a source. Also, I provided two here, already

I'm not completely discrediting the idea entirely. The claim just loses quite a bit of merit.

Did I refer to you? Nope. Somer and Wayno was all my post was regarding. Reading comprehension, try it some time.

Again, you quoted a post directly quoting and referencing me. So maybe you should work on your reading comprehension

I'm not completely discrediting the idea entirely. The claim just loses quite a bit of merit.

Again, I provided two sources here

Again, you quoted a post directly quoting and referencing me. So maybe you should work on your reading comprehension

How did I reference you? I mentioned "Somer" and "Wayno."

Again, I provided two sources here

I said I'd investigate, no?

How did I reference you? I mentioned "Somer" and "Wayno."

Uhh, the post from Somer that you quoted and commented on was in direct reference to me.

I said I'd investigate, no?

You mentioned the claim losing merit because an absence of sources. There are already sources provided in this thread

Uhh, the post from Somer that you quoted and commented on was in direct reference to me.

That's not referencing you - that's reference Somer and Wayno, as I specified in my reply.

You mentioned the claim losing merit because an absence of sources. There are already sources provided in this thread

Considering I haven't looked at the sources yet, it'd be default not to assume it's true.

That's not referencing you - that's reference Somer and Wayno, as I specified in my reply.

No, the post you quote from somer directly references me.

see here

http://www.debatepolitics.com/philo...darwinism-lead-bigotry-43.html#post1061465820

Considering I haven't looked at the sources yet, it'd be default not to assume it's true.

You were claiming there was a lack of sources. There was not and such isn't dependent on you "looking at them"

you seemed to be assuming it was false, not remaining "open"

It'd be default not to accepting things unless there is evidence of them. You've cited the evidence but that doesn't mean it's inherently true.

It'd be default not to accepting things unless there is evidence of them. You've cited the evidence but that doesn't mean it's inherently true.

But you were seemingly dismissing it from ignorance, not a lack of evidence. There is a key difference there

But you were seemingly dismissing it from ignorance, not a lack of evidence. There is a key difference there

I think the part you are missing is that he is not dismissing it out of ignorance or even for lack of evidence, but rather he is withholding judgement and not accepting it until there is a chance to examine the evidence. This is the hallmark of a skeptic.

Last edited:
I think the part you are missing is that he is not dismissing it out of ignorance or even for lack of evidence, but rather he is withholding judgement and not accepting it until there is a chance to examine the evidence to consider it. This is the hallmark of a skeptic.

No, earlier he seemed to simply dismiss it, out of hand, without investigation.

Back
Top Bottom