• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you like Trump?

Do you like Trump as President?

• Yes

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • No

Votes: 77 68.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a conservative, I'm happy to have "lucked into" some conservative policies under Trump. However, I don't like Trump's lack of focus. Given this generation's focus on free stuff, "political correctness" and cultural Marxism, Trump might be the best we can hope for. I wonder if Ted Cruz would have won PA, WI and MI.

Cruz was my first choice. However I have been pleasantly surprised with most of Trump's actions and accomplishments.

No, I do not like Trump. However bad Trump was though, Cruz is worse.

You should have aimed your question directly at independents. You are bound to just get partisans answers.

... that would have eliminated your response.... ;)

The interesting thing about this poll is that it tracks worse (roughly 30% in favor; 70% against as of this writing) than the national polls, especially the negative number. Though I often question how well informed the average DP poster is, I do not question that the average DP poster is better informed than the average voter.

I find the the 30-70 number rather telling.

Last edited:
I don't like, nor dislike Trump. I don't know the man, so how am I to make a judgment on that?

Do I like the job he's doing as president? About 50%. In my view he need far more message discipline, and should be far more focused on moving the agenda that elected him forward without distractions.

I do find agreement with the agenda that elected him, but I think that with more message discipline he could move that agenda far further than he has.

So I give him 5 or 6 out of 10.

... that would have eliminated your response.... ;)

The interesting thing about this poll is that it tracks worse (roughly 30% in favor; 70% against as of this writing) than the national polls, especially the negative number. Though I often question how well informed the average DP poster is, I do not question that the average DP poster is better informed than the average voter.

I find the the 30-70 number rather telling.

Pollsters can make polls come out any way they want to if they have an agenda just in how they ask the poll question. While the DP member who started this poll was either more for Trump or didn't feel one way or the other about Trump, I don't think he realized that the thread title was bound to attract more responses from the resistance than from those on the right. I think many on the right don't particularly like Trump as a person but they might like what he has done and his policies and the results. The left as a whole just plain despise Trump and would be more apt to click on the thread and vote, giving the results we have seen. The results are not a surprise in any way to me.

Back
Top Bottom