• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you expect to be infected with COVID-19?

Do you expect to be infected?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How is it you are unable to follow?
I understand how you got to where you are, I'm asking where does it go....what is your point? Does it just end there? "following media is irrational"...okay, and?

I understand how you got to where you are, I'm asking where does it go....what is your point? Does it just end there? "following media is irrational"...okay, and?

Seriously. How is it you are not able to follow along in context to that in which it was replied?

nope. I understand, there is no point.

Wrong as usual.

Given the predicted infection number, I view an "other" option as being unrealistic, hence only two choices.

I disagree. It's not unrealistic. A vaccine will be available at some point. What if that happens at about 50% herd infection? Will I be in the 50% that got it or the 50% that didn't?

I don't know is a valid option.

I gather I have a 70% chance over the next two years.

Give or take 30% I would assume.

We are just prolonging the economic pain by shutting things down. Only the at risk people should be self quarantining.

In Italy the death rate is running about 10% of reported cases! Old age,smoking I guess. That being said the infection rate is about 1/10 of 1% of their population. Italy is the outlier nation when it comes to bad results from this virus. As no other nation is having similar results no reason to believe we would.

Do they even have a clue of how many people have it but are asymptomatic?

More than that, the number of cases needing treatment will be sharply lower.

Not without cause. Their friends in the media have been over-hyping the danger for weeks.

Same results by only quarantining the people who are in the at risk category of serious problems.

I explained my reason. It is valid regardless of what you think.

I disagree that your reasoning is valid. Even if 95% of the populace eventually gets it, how can I possibly know if I'll be in the 95% or the 5%?

There is no room for uncertainty in your poll. It's too black and white.

Do you expect to be infected with COVID-19?

I don't really care one way or another.

I disagree that your reasoning is valid.
And again.

Additionally.
The wording was "expect".
If you can't answer it, push on.

And again.

Additionally.
The wording was "expect".
If you can't answer it, push on.

My answer is "I don't know", which is the right answer. If you don't want to allow that as an option, then whatever. I'll move on. On that we can agree.

We are just prolonging the economic pain by shutting things down. Only the at risk people should be self quarantining.

Give or take 30%?

You know herd immunity is simply calculated, right?

Oh, wait. No.

My answer is "I don't know", which is the right answer. If you don't want to allow that as an option, then whatever. I'll move on. On that we can agree.
So you can't answer, push on.

Are you really that confused?
You did not answer the poll question.

I did not give an answer you are willing to accept. But I did answer.

I did not give an answer you are willing to accept. But I did answer.

So you are that confused. Figures.
Answering the poll requires you to click on one of the choices.
You did not answer it.

Give or take 30%?

You know herd immunity is simply calculated, right?

Oh, wait. No.

OK, so which is it?

Those of you agreeing with these draconian measures of damaging our economy are based on not having a "herd immunity." Are you now agreeing with me? That most of us are already resistant and/or immune to it, and these leftists governors are damaging the economy for no reason?

So you are that confused. Figures.
Answering the poll requires you to click on one of the choices.
You did not answer it.

True, I did not answer your poll. But I did answer the poll question.

And I am not confused. Why do you need to make this personal?

OK, so which is it?

Those of you agreeing with these draconian measures of damaging our economy are based on not having a "herd immunity." Are you now agreeing with me? That most of us are already resistant and/or immune to it, and these leftists governors are damaging the economy for no reason?

How can you be immune or resistant without exposure?

True, I did not answer your poll. But I did answer the poll question.

And I am not confused. Why do you need to make this personal?
Playing obtuse now? Figures.

I asked you this before...what are the logistics of internment camps for the elderly and other vulnerable people (pregnant women, people undergoing chemo, etc etc etc) in the US? Setting up medical facilities and providing medical resources, PPE, and professionals to care for all these people who then, would very likely nearly all get sick?

Because otherwise, aside from those in nursing homes, millions and millions live with their families. In order to open up the economy...all these families need to go back to work, kids need to return to school...all out in public :roll:

So, once again I ask...please explain the logistics behind interning these millions and millions in 'self-quarantine' camps as you suggest? (Or...how else would they do it? Move out and live on the streets? Oh wait, that's not self-quarantine :roll:)

Back
Top Bottom