• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do we have freewill ? is it biblical ?

And you can't prove that He doesn't.
Free will is only an illusion. So is the 'soul'. If you find proof of either, put it in a box so I can take a look at it.

Then he is not all knowing, or all powerful
GOD created everything and HE does know exactly what we will accomplish. So there is nothing else in the Universe who can top GOD. Can GOD commit sin? NO! That's not GOD's nature. That however, doesn't mean that GOD cannot do whatever HE wishes. GOD just doesn't wish to do what is evil.

GOD knows what we will do; however, we don't necessarily know what we are doing. When GOD allows tests, HE is in fact educating us sometimes to reevaluate our misconceptions (read the book of JOB), and at other times HE is demonstrating that we can trust HIM through thick and thin. This is a fallen and corrupt Universe...
I don't know where my brain was but i fixed the above and now it makes sense even to me... ;)

GOD created everything and HE does know exactly what we will accomplish. So there is nothing else in the Universe who can top GOD. Can GOD commit sin? NO! That's not GOD's nature. That however, doesn't mean that GOD cannot do whatever HE wishes. GOD just doesn't wish to do what is evil.

So does he or does he not know all?

Many theists do claim the bible is the "word of god," or otherwise use it to make their assertions and arguments. So if so.e assert God is omnipotent and omniscient, as God is often described, then those traits can be logically argued to be incompatible with free will.
How about all the gospels that got deleted because they didn't fit in with the Christian narrative, like the Gospel of Judas? It says he was palling around with Jesus. The Bible is junk because it was highly edited.

What drove you to post here if you had no choice?
Cause & effect. I reacted to a post about nonsense. No 'free will' involved.

b5a561669be843e06c5ee6cc68216f1d.jpg

Since you chose to reply, you exercised your own free will.
The devil didn't make you do it.

Why must all suffer for Adam's sin when God knew he was going to sin? That's sick.
God gave Adam free will. He could have made a different choice, but he chose instead to disobey.

But if God is omniscient He knew Adam would disobey. So why make him? That's sick.
I don't think it's sick at all.
Follow along, please.
God's plan was in place before man was created. God wanted Adam and Eve, who both had free will, to know the importance of obedience. God's plan was to give them a choice. God's plan was to obey and live or eat the forbidden fruit and die. For those of us who are believers, we too will be faced to make choices while living and remember the lesson of Adam and Eve.

Last edited:
God gave Adam free will. He could have made a different choice, but he chose instead to disobey.
Why did God put the apple in the garden with full knowledge Adam would eat it

I don't think it's sick at all.
Follow along, please.
God's plan was in place before man was created. God wanted Adam and Eve, who both had free will, to know the importance of obedience. God's plan was to give them a choice. God's plan was to obey and live or eat the forbidden fruit and die. For those of us who are believers, we too will be faced to make choices while living and remember the lesson of Adam and Eve.
So if God is omniscient He knew the choice they would make. If he didn't know the choice they would make He isn't omniscient. Which is it?

So if God is omniscient He knew the choice they would make. If he didn't know the choice they would make He isn't omniscient. Which is it?

God sees and knows all. I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out from what I wrote above.

So if He knows all He foresaw Adam's decision and all it would lead to. Yet He made Adam anyway. That's sick.

Yeah, I already got that from your posts. Why are you repeating yourself? I have great eyes. I can read.

I already explained this. Post 318.

I know you explained it but here is the issue

God is all knowing, to know all means he knows what we will do.

So setting a condition that he knows what we will do as a test is meaningless as he knows if we will pass it or fail it ahead of time

Back
Top Bottom