• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Gun Free Zones actually protect people?

Actually, regardless of "Gun Free Zone" or not, I carry to protect my family first and my life second. Something bad happens, my first and only priority is to get my family to safety. I will not engage a shooter unless he/she/they interfere with priority one. You are responsible for your own back and your own family. If you do not have the means or willingness to protect either, that is your choice.

How is carrying in a legally marked gun free zone protecting your family? This is one of the stupidist excuses for breaking the law I have heard in quitte some time. You are breaking the law therefore you are a .............

How is carrying in a legally marked gun free zone protecting your family? This is one of the stupidist excuses for breaking the law I have heard in quitte some time. You are breaking the law therefore you are a .............

Because no one could possible be carrying a gun in a gun free zone.

You're probably right. Something called "foreseeable consequences" would seem to apply.

The legal phrase "attractive nuisance" might also apply.

I'm surprised a suit isn't filed by some parent over the requirement to send his/her child to school under threat of criminal prosecution if not - and then openly declaring to every nutcase in the world that no one can legally protect that child - when it is known that crazed gunmen do attack children in school as a truism - and stats now prove declaring schools have unprotected children is enhancing that danger.

Can a parent be required by government to put their child into a known deadly and unprotected situation?

I did not intend to imply that I carry in legally designated gun free zone. I do not carry in areas legally designated as a gun free zone because I do not want to jeopardize my right to carry elsewhere. A business can post a sign declaring it a gun free establishment, but it holds no legal authority in many states. I will carry concealed in those establishments. The intent was to point out that I carry legally in order to protect my back and not someone elses. You are initially responsible for your own life and the lives of your family. The police are not. If you choose not to fulfill the obligation and duty to protect your family, that is your choice. I guess I could have clarified the intent of the post better. My bad.

Last edited:

WHAT IS STUPID IS not knowing that GFZs are where almost every mass shooting has taken place

that is a misdemeanor offense

ask Dr Suzanne Gratia if she would have been willing to take a misdemeanor as a trade for her two parents' lives in Luby's Texas

Obviously you are blind. My post was in response to BretJ who said he does.

blindness is thinking GFZs are gun free when it comes to killers

what causes your hysterical hatred of your fellow neighbors wanting to protect themselves?

blindness is thinking GFZs are gun free when it comes to killers

what causes your hysterical hatred of your fellow neighbors wanting to protect themselves?

His fear of your wacking out and possibly killing someone is morally superior to you wanting to protect yourself from someone wacking out and trying to kill you.....

His fear of your wacking out and possibly killing someone is morally superior to you wanting to protect yourself from someone wacking out and trying to kill you.....

I don't even think its that

its more that I don't vote for the leftwing candidates he supports and therefore he wants to pass laws to hassle people like me

I did not intend to imply that I carry in legally designated gun free zone. I do not carry in areas legally designated as a gun free zone because I do not want to jeopardize my right to carry elsewhere. A business can post a sign declaring it a gun free establishment, but it holds no legal authority in many states. I will carry concealed in those establishments. The intent was to point out that I carry legally in order to protect my back and not someone elses. You are initially responsible for your own life and the lives of your family. The police are not. If you choose not to fulfill the obligation and duty to protect your family, that is your choice. I guess I could have clarified the intent of the post better. My bad.

This is bull**** read post 51 you said very clearly that you do regardless.

This is bull**** read post 51 you said very clearly that you do regardless.

Believe what you want. I will carry in an establishment regardless of whether they post a sign stating it a gun free zone because it holds no legal weight. You need to understand there is a difference between a legally designated gun free zone and one that is not. The primary point is that you are responsible for your own safety. Do you disagree with that.

Obviously, as everyone but the brainwashed knows. Make the US a gunfree zone and save your children from being murdered by nutters.

Common sense answer? No. They make them targets.

Obviously, as everyone but the brainwashed knows. Make the US a gunfree zone and save your children from being murdered by nutters.

Says the guy from the UK, lol.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries. - Politics and Randomness: U.K. Has More Violent Crime than the U.S.

Total bull****. Your murder rate, as everyone knows, is four times ours. Your masters do make you say very silly things, serf.

Post some proof, should not be hard to do. :mrgreen:

I mean my article is from 2012. Numbers don't lie. :2wave:

PS we don't have a king, oh sorry. :lol:

Total bull****. Your murder rate, as everyone knows, is four times ours. Your masters do make you say very silly things, serf.

It is odd that the "source" used did not include any US crime stats, but somehow shows support for that US vs. UK violent crime comparison.

Post some proof, should not be hard to do. :mrgreen:

I mean my article is from 2012. Numbers don't lie. :2wave:

PS we don't have a king, oh sorry. :lol:

Aren't you a clown! You'd be better off with a king than with your present masters, serf. Do you really suppose anyone murders the number you do? Bloody clown!

Aren't you a clown! You'd be better off with a king than with your present masters, serf. Do you really suppose anyone murders the number you do? Bloody clown!

So in other words my fine disarmed victim... I mean friend... you got nothing. :2wave:

So you can't argue the numbers so you resort to well... personal attacks. Duly noted. ;)

Back
Top Bottom