• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Democrats think all religious views must be subjected to leftist secularist approval?

Christians need to look in the mirror and determine if they, themselves, are living by the word of God.

For example, if a Christian lies about other people then they are breaking a major religious rule. Adultry? Another major sin. Killing? Major. Taking someone else's property? Major.

Can you guys think of people (political or here) that do just those 4 major things?

With now a self declared fundamentalist Christian and Biblical scholar, what are your credentials and what denomination are you?

Or, in other words, who the hell are you to tell Christians what they should do?

You think a country which protects the rights of Christians to freely exercise their religious views is some sort of bad theocracy? No wonder democrats hate Trump and his supporters.

The NEW Fascist Democratic Party hates the Bill Of Rights intensely.

You think a country which protects the rights of Christians to freely exercise their religious views is some sort of bad theocracy? No wonder democrats hate Trump and his supporters.

We have a First Amendment. True persons of Religious morals for free are welcome to organize on a not for the profit of Lucre.

everybody is discriminatory in some way.
But not proudly. Most people consider bigotry to be a character flaw, not something to be celebrated and promoted.

It is not open to dispute.
I'm disputing it but it doesn't really matter. By your definition, it is still a behaviour just like religion so you've not moral argument to justify discrimination against one but not the other.

I would say yes, to all
Make your mind up. You initially said a non-Christian photographer with an equally strong moral objection to same-sex marriage should still be forced to take the pictures.

But I would love to have somewhere in the world be a Catholic theocracy for me to voluntarily move to
Well you're lucky as a Catholic then. You're free to seek residency in Vatican City. Why haven't you? :cool:

Oh and no, the far left is openly running news directly lifted from the propaganda of the Iranian regime. So they’re not condemning the Islamic Republic of Iran. The democrats just blocked a resolution in congress to condemn that regime for shooting down an airliner and gunning down demonstrators
I'm really not interested in getting in to off-topic debates about the mess that is US politics but none of that is related to Iran being a theocracy anyway. And again, I'm not "the far left" so anything they do or say is irrelevant to my replies regardless.

We have a First Amendment. True persons of Religious morals for free are welcome to organize on a not for the profit of Lucre.

The 1st amendment applies to everyone, not just the people you think it should apply to.

What the Bible condemns in terms of sex is:

1. Adultery
2. Fornication (sex outside of marriage)
3. Does not ban polygamy
4. Men having sex with each other
5. Sex with animals

It is only the sex-act that is condemned, not anything else about relationship, nor is there any condemnation of lesbianism. In Biblical terms, sex specifically requires a penis.

The response fundamentalists will make is that while it may be true that while a man may truly intensely strong desires to have sex with another man, doing so is sinful. A person also may have compulsions to steal, lie, commit adultery, commit murder etc - but doing so is sinful.

I am pro-SSM and have a married gay daughter. However, the actual Biblical prohibition isn't about marriage, co-habitation or relationship between men (fundamentalists also include between women), is is singularly about the sex act, nothing else.

The 1st amendment applies to everyone, not just the people you think it should apply to.

In public accommodation you need to organize on a not for the profit of capital Lucre basis to be credible about your alleged, Religious morality.

Last edited:
Well in a way it does. Because your degenerate behavior in shacking up with a lady you’re not married to contributes to a societal acceptance of such behavior. Why do you not love her enough to commit?

And also prohibition was a progressive cause in the 20th century. But not a bad one, it saved many lives. The rate of liver disease plummeted. It was a major public health victory.-

Now you’re talking about Jim Crow? How is that even relevant? That was a secular law passed by a secular state. That’s not ecclesiastical law passed by a church state.

Marriage is 100% a religious construct. Even though it flies in the face of the bible. When God realized that he had created a garden, but no gardener, then created Adam, who then refused to trim one more tree unless God gave him a partner. When God did, did they go looking for a preacher? No they didn't. They began begatting. Nary a preacher or even a JP in sight. We're a species created on a foundation of illicit trysts. Incestuous and probably under age ones at that.

Yes it is.

It has sacramental practices like reducing carbon footprint, which is done for the grace of mother Gaia, it has Saints like Harvey Milk and FDR, a full liturgical calendar like black history month and pride month, it has shunning and ostracization of apostates (cancel culture) and infallible moral teachings like banning guns or jacking up the minimum wage

You keep believing your hyperbolic nonsense....

With now a self declared fundamentalist Christian and Biblical scholar, what are your credentials and what denomination are you?

Or, in other words, who the hell are you to tell Christians what they should do?

I'm not telling them (although I do think your diversion was sweet). It's God telling all people all the time.

Are you exempt somehow?

everybody is discriminatory in some way.
The vast majority of Americans do not violate the civil rights of others.

It is not open to dispute.
Oh, the hypocrisy!

You proclaim that civil rights for LGBT individuals should not be protected because you assert that their sexual orientation is not "immutable characteristic" (a claim that is far from certain, and may be flat-out wrong for most LGBT individuals). Neither is religion, yet you want that protected. Hmmmm.

So yes, your claim is "open to dispute."

I would say yes, to all
You do know that you aren't living in Medieval Spain, right...?

I don’t think non Christians should be killed. But I would love to have somewhere in the world be a Catholic theocracy for me to voluntarily move to, and I think the best option would be for this hypothetical state to not give permanent citizenship so that subversives who don’t like the theocracy Can just be deported.
Wow. You really do want to live in Medieval Spain, eh?

Sorry not sorry, but there is no Catholic theocratic state like that. Even the Vatican won't deport someone solely because they beef with the Pope over LGBT rights.

More importantly, while you live in the US, there is no such option available to you. Even if you move to Saint Mary's in Kansas, they can't evict people from the town because they are not Catholic. They also are not allowed to violate anyone's civil rights.

If you want people to respect your civil rights, then you have to respect theirs. It's hard to see how you respect that, when your own preference is to set up a theocratic state (however small).

Oh and no, the far left is openly running news directly lifted from the propaganda of the Iranian regime.
:roll:

Spare us the BS. No one in the US thinks Soleimani was Mr Rogers. That doesn't mean that what Trump did was the practical or moral choice. To wit:
• Assassination of a government official is very tough to defend on moral grounds, no matter what that official has done. (E.g. if he committed war crimes, he should be charged in the International Criminal Court.)
• It isn't going to stop Iran's military and terrorist activities.
• It licenses foreign terrorists to explicitly target US leaders.
• It has given Iran cover to engage in more hostile acts.
• It gives Iran both cover and motivation to build nuclear weapons
• It shows that Trump has no strategy and no clue -- e.g. one minute he wants to pull out of Iraq (and leave our Kurdish allies high and dry in the process) because he doesn't like "forever wars," the next he is sending thousands of US troops to Iraq as their legislature voted for US forces to withdraw.

"The Left" is also putting out videos of two Iranian missiles knocking down a civilian airliner.
Video Shows Two Iranian Missiles Hit Ukrainian Plane - The New York Times

The democrats just blocked a resolution in congress to condemn that regime for shooting down an airliner and gunning down demonstrators
Yes, that's because they're already drafting one. Those traitors are writing one on their own, instead of jumping all over one proposed by the minority leader!!! :roll:

To put this another way: You might want to get out of the right-wing echo chamber. Just a thought.

The law has nothing to do with Christianity. Or do you think an non-Christian photographer with an equally strong moral objection to same-sex marriage should still be forced to take the pictures?

The situation is simple; The law prevents anyone from discriminating on a range of grounds, including race, religion, gender and sexual orientation. Why they’re discriminating is irrelevant. The only rational objection would be against those laws in their entirety. You can’t say “You can’t discriminate against me but I can discriminate against you”. It’s an all or nothing so if you’re arguing for the right of Christians to stand against homosexuality, you’re also arguing for the right of people to stand against religion, racial-equality and gender-equality.

Unless, of course, you think Christians should get special protections, in which case why not go all out and campaign for a theocracy?

Leftists claim Christians cannot hold Christian views against homosexuality while at the same time saying homosexuals can discriminate against Christians for believing the Bible. Leftists are stupid.

Despite your wishes, the USA is not going to become a theocracy (Christian or otherwise).

/thread

Apparently not, especially is the atheistic democrats take over the government in the future.

True Christians don't organize their business on a for-the-Profit-of-Lucre basis if they want to practice their Religious beliefs in public accommodation.
Organizing on a For-Profit basis means capital Lucre above morals.

Don't be silly. The Bible tells us that men should work or not eat and that in all labor there is profit. God wants Christians to work and make enough profit to satisfy their physical needs.

Those who do not make a profit will likely go on government welfare.

If God opposes sodomy, why did he create so many sodomists?

God created humans with minds of their own. If they become mass murderers or sex perverts, that is not God's fault.

How do you feel about Christian persecution of homosexuals?

Homosexual to Christian baker: 'How dare you refuse to bake me a cake? I will take you to court and sue you for everything you own or will own for the rest of your life.'

I'm not telling them (although I do think your diversion was sweet). It's God telling all people all the time.

Are you exempt somehow?

Exempt from what? The rules of the Bible? Every American in the USA is. Almost no Muslims are in their own countries. But you only attack Christians and Christianity for having American freedom - and never Muslims in other countries which are slaves to their religion under the authority of their government. Why is that?

I'm not a Christian, but I certainly understand the core doctrine of "salvation by the grace of God,' not salvation by good behavior like you wrongheadedly claim. Christianity does not require sinlessness. In fact, it presumes everyone sins as the core premise not only by what you do, but by what you even think.

How can a person even be forgiven without being a sinner. In fact, if you go to Pentecostal churches they where their sins on their sleeves. How else would they have a reason of cry over their sins at the church's wailing wall? Truly, you really don't understand Biblical Christianity. It has nothing to do with God-will-make-you rich and health if you give money to tele-evangelists.

Last edited:
It seems modern leftist Americans have no mercy on Christians who stand against homosexuality because God opposes sodomy. Should the state allow those Christians to be destroyed by the wicked for refusing to compromise their beliefs in the face of growing hostility against Christian beliefs?

Govt punishment of NM photographer stands, compelled speech problem unresolved…for now

LMAO hey look another instantly failed dishonest OP . . awesome!

WHy post so many lies that instantly fail? I mean its great entertainment for us but whats it do for you?

another day, another example of how ****ing stupid right wingers are

Just to be fair The OP doesnt represent right-wingers any more than the KKK represents Christians or terrorists represent muslims etc etc

the lies in the OP are only held by extremists and those that dont care about rights and freedoms. The may happen to be on the right but millions on the right support equal rights and or are against illegal discrimination

Ill ask the same question i aks in all failed threads like this that nobody can ever answer

as a christian myself please tell me and list what factual rights of mine (or ANYBODY) are infringed on or lost by equal rights, anti-discrimination laws and or public access laws . . . ready . . go!

:popcorn2:

Don't be silly. The Bible tells us that men should work or not eat and that in all labor there is profit. God wants Christians to work and make enough profit to satisfy their physical needs.

lol. Don't be sillier. Our First Amendment says your morals are private not public (accommodation). You are not an ordained minister who has the moral authority to convert anyone for the subjective value of moral Good, not deny or disparage their legal and social rights under our Constitutional form of Government.

Back
Top Bottom