• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

DNC Chair Wasserman-Shultz Invested in Swiss Banks and other Foreign Investments.

Are you referring to the information that Holder will not provide congress, and is held in contempt. I think your request is going unanswered, in spite of how much want to dive into a persons tax records. That's the job of the IRS and I have not heard one request for documents, unlike congress issuing orders to Holder to turn over documents.

I agree that Romney probably will not provide any more information, and that's fine. It will continue to be an issue in the campaign and the voters will decide if they think he's provided enough information to satisfy their concerns.

Read post #72

Thanks for the bull**** reply referencing another bull**** reply. Now how about citing to something that backs up your oft-repeated and false claim of "1% GDP"?

so, the Congresswoman has a 401k that invested in Swiss banks.

Meanwhile Romney, the multi-millionaire, has Swiss bank accounts.

how exactly are they connected in any way?

how exactly are they similar?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Many politicians on both sides dwell in non US investments.
Even Pelosi can be added to the list. It is a non issue for me come election.

On the heels of The Weekly Standard’s report yesterday that DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz — a vocal critic of Mitt Romney‘s investing practices, had herself dabbled in the foreign markets — we can add Nancy Pelosi to the list of prominent Democrats to profit from overseas investments.

According to Pelosi’s 2011 financial disclosure statement, the Democratic House Minority Leader received between $1 million and $5 million in partnership income from ”Matthews International Capital Management LLC,” a group that emphasizes that it has a “A Singular Focus on Investing in Asia.” A quick trip to the company website reveals a featured post extolling the virtues of outsourcing.

Nancy Pelosi made $1-5 million on Asian investments | The Daily Caller

News Release: Gross Domestic Product

Apparently you live in a different reality that the rest of America.

yea... my America is not in Kenya...

Index forecasts weaker growth
Updated 6/27/2012 2:45 PM Comments
The June update of the USA TODAY/IHS Global Insight Economic Outlook Index shows real GDP growth, at a six-month annualized growth rate, slowing to 1.9% in June and July and then increasing to 2.3% in November. While employment, housing (mostly the multifamily sector) and consumer spending are slowly recovering, concerns about the Eurozone and world growth continue.

Sponsored LinksThe index predicts future real GDP growth (gross domestic product, adjusted for inflation) based on 11 leading economic and financial indicators.

Three of the 11 indicators were positive in June, down from five in May.

Positive indicators include hours worked, building permits and the real money supply, all of which increased.

Negative indicators include declines in real capital goods orders, stock prices, ISM export orders, the yield curve and light-vehicle sales. Also negative were increases in the AAA corporate bond spread, seasonally adjusted crude oil prices and the real federal funds rate. This model assumes it can take 12 to 15 months for changes in the real federal funds rate to affect economic activity, so it uses the October 2011 – December 2011 rolling average to forecast real GDP in November 2012.

again I said Reality... not that Obama is buying cars from GM... any real indicator is in the wrong direction..

Obama must go.. hes a fraud..

What the hell? Could you translate that to English please?

yea... my America is not in Kenya...

Index forecasts weaker growth
Updated 6/27/2012 2:45 PM Comments
The June update of the USA TODAY/IHS Global Insight Economic Outlook Index shows real GDP growth, at a six-month annualized growth rate, slowing to 1.9% in June and July and then increasing to 2.3% in November. While employment, housing (mostly the multifamily sector) and consumer spending are slowly recovering, concerns about the Eurozone and world growth continue.

Sponsored LinksThe index predicts future real GDP growth (gross domestic product, adjusted for inflation) based on 11 leading economic and financial indicators.

Three of the 11 indicators were positive in June, down from five in May.

Positive indicators include hours worked, building permits and the real money supply, all of which increased.

Negative indicators include declines in real capital goods orders, stock prices, ISM export orders, the yield curve and light-vehicle sales. Also negative were increases in the AAA corporate bond spread, seasonally adjusted crude oil prices and the real federal funds rate. This model assumes it can take 12 to 15 months for changes in the real federal funds rate to affect economic activity, so it uses the October 2011 – December 2011 rolling average to forecast real GDP in November 2012.

You just quoted from the report saying you where lying about 1 % GDP growth. And did not realize it. Or did you not realize that 1.9 % is almost double what you claimed?

I agree that Romney probably will not provide any more information, and that's fine. It will continue to be an issue in the campaign and the voters will decide if they think he's provided enough information to satisfy their concerns.

I guess that puts you in the same camp as congress trying to get documents out of Holder, or do you not care that Holder will not turn them over?

I guess that puts you in the same camp as congress trying to get documents out of Holder, or do you not care that Holder will not turn them over?

I'd be happy to discuss that in one of the Holder threads, but I'll note that I don't see a separation of powers problem with a candidate turning over more of his tax returns.

You just quoted from the report saying you where lying about 1 % GDP growth. And did not realize it. Or did you not realize that 1.9 % is almost double what you claimed?

man you dont know anything abaout the economy.. read between the lines more indicators are DOWN...the real ones.. it will be sliding back to 1 or lower and today its at 1.2%+- in reality...

man you dont know anything abaout the economy.. read between the lines more indicators are DOWN...the real ones.. it will be sliding back to 1 or lower and today its at 1.2%+- in reality...

Claiming that GDP growth is 1% when it is actually 1.9% is a lie. There's no debating that.

Wait, so now guesses based on limited evidence are reality? And what you actually said is not what you meant, but instead you meant something completely different? I do not think this word "reality" means what you think it does.

What the hell? Could you translate that to English please?

What is hard to understand, "Obama must go he is a fraud" meaning vote him out in November, fire him, can him, get rid of, kick him out of office, terminate him, is that English enough to understand. :roll:

It is NOT hypocrisy when only the super rich can have a swiss bank acct to avoid their tax responsibility. What you dont get and you will not acknowledge is that his entire far right conservative agenda is about taking from the working class and giving moar to the super rich.
Not only do they want more tax cuts for the super rich they want to PROMOTE swiss bank accts and offshore hideaways to assure they pay nothing.

Vancemack you can stand on your head and twirl and spout all day long that a guy like romney worth hundreds of millions of dollars...has the "RIGHT" to pay less a percentage of federal tax than ME....you conservatives misrepresent the facts and whats actually happening in this country.
The rich is paying SQUAT nothing near what they are supposed to be paying...they hide it...steal...cheat , swindle...all the things the middleclass cannot do...and Romny personifies that...he has swiss bank accts..off shore tax shelters in the cayman islands...he paid 13% federal taxs last year...and HE IS RUNNING ON MORE TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH....you conservatives cant see the truth when its slapping you in the nose..
First...lets make certain we clarify...the 'tax cuts proposed, whether they be for the rich or the middle class are not stealing your money...it is ALLOWING people to keep MORE of THEIR money. Good lord...the pathetic, whiney "waaaah they is takin' my pennies" bull****... Second...you and others like you are SUCH blatant ****ing hypocrites it is embarrassing. You dont give a rats ass about liberals and democrats and their offshore investments. You abandon all reason when it comes to politics. You never said **** about ANY democrats or THEIR returns...because thats not what this is about. You are a mindless partisan hack (who knew...right?).

I'd be happy to discuss that in one of the Holder threads, but I'll note that I don't see a separation of powers problem with a candidate turning over more of his tax returns.

Translated, you want Romney to turn over documents, but could care less if Holder does. Got it.

What is hard to understand, "Obama must go he is a fraud" meaning vote him out in November, fire him, can him, get rid of, kick him out of office, terminate him, is that English enough to understand. :roll:

So you decide to ignore 2/3 of the post? Interesting...

comparing millions of dollars being held in a Swiss bank-account, to having a few thousand dollars in a 401k that has as one of its MANY investments, shares in a Swiss bank...is the zenith of stupidity & absurdity.

No, acting like either matters is the height of stupidity.

Wait, so now guesses based on limited evidence are reality? And what you actually said is not what you meant, but instead you meant something completely different? I do not think this word "reality" means what you think it does.

Please stop showing off how little you know..really... we all laugh..

all yo do is LIE for Obama.. because nobody can defend him or his inner circle of Socalist losers..

keep up the lying.. we know its desperation time for Team Barry Hussein

again 8 of the 11 REAL indicators are trending down.. now spin that..

Last edited:

One of us knew the actual rate of GDP growth, one of us didn't. One of us knows what reality is, one doesn't. Namecalling is not going to make you magically right.

One of us knew the actual rate of GDP growth, one of us didn't. One of us knows what reality is, one doesn't. Namecalling is not going to make you magically right.

Then you may want to stop doing that..because you obviously have no grasp on economics.... but thern again Libs have no clue period on anything that is not a movie, music or a comic book...

you see Kudlows words?... I bet not..

why do you think B Hussein is talking the bogus one year extention of the GWB tax cuts? for not other reaon then to stem that slide..as it wont make anyone rich but maybe go spend another 20 bucks..

Last edited:

all yo do is LIE for Obama.. becasue nobody can defend him or his inner circlel of Socalist loseres...

one should at least attempt to try to spell correctly if they are going to accuse others of "knowing little".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom