• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Trump Libel Obama (over the wiretapping tweets)?

Did Trump Libel Obama (over the wiretapping tweets)?

• Yes

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Unsure/Don't Know

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • I was told there would be cake?

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
The Russia scandal has had a slow drip of evidence over months, alongside reports from over a dozen intelligence agencies. Multiple people from the Trump campaign have had to resign or recuse themselves for contacts with Russia. It's absolutely not proven yet, but to claim it's the same as Trump pulling a conspiracy theory out of his ass with exactly zero evidence of any kind, even circumstantial, is silly. An equivalent situation would be if the only source of the Trump-Russia connection was Barack Obama's twitter account.

Are you talking about the 17 agencies that make up the intelligence community?

I heard the same about who was going to win the election.
A lot of folks here fail to realize that, regular people, both right and left, don't follow politics enough to GAF.
One of the most prominent things I'm hearing from these people is, "why are we supposed to hate Russia."

They're getting tired of the noise.

I'm not party-line anything, especially hating Russia for hypocritical moral reasons. Trump is not wrong for most of his desires to make America great, it's his own egotistical posturing that's the problem.

I'm not party-line anything, especially hating Russia for hypocritical moral reasons. Trump is not wrong for most of his desires to make America great, it's his own egotistical posturing that's the problem.

I disagree that most people GAF.
The news cycle is being beat to death with Trump did and Trump said, people are tired of hearing about it.
The wave of anti Trump is backfiring,

So that makes it acceptable to call his supporters all kinds of names?
Didn't we learn this lesson as children?

It is one thing when it is coming from random online posters. It is another thing when it is coming from the President of the United States. You know, the one who loves to call women pigs and question why anyone would elect a woman with a certain face.

I disagree that most people GAF.
The news cycle is being beat to death with Trump did and Trump said, people are tired of hearing about it.
The wave of anti Trump is backfiring,

Pardner, you so wrong, it's only beginning. He's a full blown nutter about to be unveiled.

Stop with the 'cool guy' acronyms GAF (give a f*ck)?

Well, the other tabloids like the Washington Post, New York Times, etc., were apparently too distracted by their daily fabrications to do any objective reporting and analysis.

So predictable...

It is one thing when it is coming from random online posters. It is another thing when it is coming from the President of the United States. You know, the one who loves to call women pigs and question why anyone would elect a woman with a certain face.

Oh ok.
Some of what he says is verifiable stupid.
The problem is that you anti Trump folks seem to be in competition with him though.

Then you double down by attacking his supporters with the same vileness.
I'll keep siding with them.

Oh ok.
Some of what he says is verifiable stupid.
The problem is that you anti Trump folks seem to be in competition with him though.

Then you double down by attacking his supporters with the same vileness.
I'll keep siding with them.

There are stupid people of every political persuasion. But siding with a huge troll-turned-leader-of-the-"free"-world just to spite a few other trolls seems pretty juvenile and hypocritical.

There are a lot, some I've had to look up myself.
It's just a short cut.

I once argued about how much humans had affected the earth and the most effective counter to that came from you that all that mankind has built on the surface of the planet could be buried in a 30 mile wide and 30 mile deep hole. I never forgot that no matter how true it is. Are you drunk?

There are stupid people of every political persuasion. But siding with a huge troll-turned-leader-of-the-"free"-world just to spite a few other trolls seems pretty juvenile and hypocritical.

Contrary to popular belief, most Trump supporters are completely normal people.
A "few trolls" is not an apt descriptor.

When people attempt to delegitimize others, for their voting preferences
That's not trolling.
Trolling is for lulz, anti Trump are serious.

I once argued about how much humans had affected the earth and the most effective counter to that came from you that all that mankind has built on the surface of the planet could be buried in a 30 mile wide and 30 mile deep hole. I never forgot that no matter how true it is. Are you drunk?

Why would I be drunk?

Because you drank the fruit of the vine? You don't seem like normal Harry.

I've changed my views on things a good deal, over the past 3-4 years.
I used to think people who voted for those I didn't like were idiots.
Now I just think they're normal people, like me.

Trump/his supporters have interests that align with mine, as well.

Contrary to popular belief, most Trump supporters are completely normal people.

I am not talking about other Trump supporters, I am referring to you and your desire to side with Trump to just piss off anti-Trump folks.

When people attempt to delegitimize others, for their voting preferences
That's not trolling.
Trolling is for lulz, anti Trump are serious.

If a Trump supporter is not doing it for the 'lulz' and is completely serious about Trump then that is not normal... that is a cult-mentality.

Trump claimed that, as a fact, Obama ordered wiretaps on him. Is there evidence for this?

Just so you know, if you answer in the affirmative, the White House, including Levin, will disagree with you.

I suspect that Obama personally ordered the wiretaps in the same way Obama killed Bin Laden.

If you can get past the sarcasm, what I was trying to say is that I believe as time passes it'll be shown that Trump and his associates were caught on wiretaps justified by an investigation intended to explore Russian business dealings (or perhaps the election). The FISA authorized wiretaps wouldn't have to have listed Trump or his associates to have caught them on tape.
So ... what we have are wiretaped conversations intended for another purpose that showed no collusion with Russia on the election but have been leaked in an effort to create an impression of collusion.
That leaking of the conversations would be a problem for the leakers.

Those leaks certainly happened and it would have to have come from a limited number of persons with access to them.

Last edited:
I've changed my views on things a good deal, over the past 3-4 years.
I used to think people who voted for those I didn't like were idiots.
Now I just think they're normal people, like me.

Trump/his supporters have interests that align with mine, as well.

OMG, you've evolved beyond immature emo. Yea, dude the answer is in the middle on most subjects. To those that can see that the leaders are trying to put nose rings in them by dividing us are truly enabled. I don't hate Trump and like most of his ideas, I just think he's nuts, though not because of the Left but from my own evaluation. Hope I'm wrong.

I am not talking about other Trump supporters, I am referring to you and your desire to side with Trump to just piss off anti-Trump folks.

If a Trump supporter is not doing it for the 'lulz' and is completely serious about Trump then that is not normal... that is a cult-mentality.

Do you see me defending everything Trump does?
Nope.
I'm very selective in what I defend.

Back
Top Bottom