• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Diana Spencer, Princess of Wales

was there?

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
was there a conspiracy in her life?

Why is it that famous people's deaths must always be accompanied by conspiracy theories? Why is is that people who appear larger than life cannot die by just simple tragedy? Why is it we cannot accept that poor decisions by famous people won't have consequences?

Why is it that famous people's deaths must always be accompanied by conspiracy theories? Why is is that people who appear larger than life cannot die by just simple tragedy? Why is it we cannot accept that poor decisions by famous people won't have consequences?
Famous people's deaths aren't always accompanied by conspiracy theories or denials that poor decisions have consequences.

Why is it that famous people's deaths must always be accompanied by conspiracy theories? Why is is that people who appear larger than life cannot die by just simple tragedy?
that has a long tradition ….

Famous people's deaths aren't always accompanied by conspiracy theories or denials that poor decisions have consequences.
Well... Social media especially has made it more complicated... Even before social media the JFK assassination had a thousand conspiracies...

Then Sandy Hook? They weren't famous.. But....

elvis presley and marylin monroe are other examples

Well... Social media especially has made it more complicated... Even before social media the JFK assassination had a thousand conspiracies...

Then Sandy Hook? They weren't famous.. But....
The JFK assassination is correctly called the granddaddy of all conspiracy theories!

But here, the iconic woman who died was only 36 and had been brilliant at playing the press, so that after the notorious Bashir interview (during which she said that her marriage was a little crowded with three people in it), every bought the mean, coldhearted, cheating husband routine, and this really did make people suspect perfidy.

Yep... JFK assassination... Moon landing... 1969 Mets winning the WS... Lol... 9/11...1980...USA beating the Russians in the Olympics... Weird what people remember...
fall of the berlin wall ….

1964 sitting in front of our little black and white TV watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan... Lol... Weird what our little brains hold on to...

the german team becoming football weltmeister in berne, switzerland …

1954 …. or so ….

Emphatically, NO. There were multiple inquests into her death. Her driver was over the intoxication limit and was speeding, and she chose not to buckle her seatbelt.

And she was in a 500 horsepower German luxury sedan that was doing well in excess of 100 mph when it impacted.

I’ve heard older relatives in my husband’s family, and my own mother, tell of fear and sense of disconnect at the news of Pearl Harbor and the declaration of war.

For my mother, it meant her brother would be drafted, and being on the Pacific Coast, fear of bombings and harm to her father and herself.

The death of Franklin Roosevelt also greatly affected her — she feared for the success of the US war effort without Roosevelt.

For my husband’s family, a houseful of young men of draft age would soon become empty.

For me, the hysteria around the Cuban missile crisis made an indelible impression. The panic buying scared me, more so because my parents weren’t stocking up on foodstuffs. And no fallout shelter in the backyard the

The JFK assassination was upsetting because my parents were so upset by the strange series of events. The adults were supposed to reassure us, but they were lost and shocked.

Yep... JFK assassination... Moon landing... 1969 Mets winning the WS... Lol... 9/11...1980...USA beating the Russians in the Olympics... Weird what people remember...
Well, we all have our "I will never forgets," but the assassination of a President is something else. When I was growing up, all the adults remembered where they were on December 7, 1941, and I think this will be true of 9-11 as well.

Question for those who are older now and also listened to their grandparents'/great-grandparents' stories: Did Orson Welles's "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast ever come up? I don't know how it was across the country, but I heard stories about Americans running screaming into the streets, genuinely believing that Martians had attacked. (Remember, this was the era of "Buck Rogers.") Did you ever hear this?

And she was in a 500 horsepower German luxury sedan that was doing well in excess of 100 mph when it impacted.
True. Shuddering as I try to imagine the impact. (I've seen the photos of the car.) The only survivor was Trevor Rees Jones, the only one who buckled up.

True. Shuddering as I try to imagine the impact. (I've seen the photos of the car.) The only survivor was Trevor Rees Jones, the only one who buckled up.

Just hop on YouTube and search for "drag racing fails" and you will have no trouble seeing plenty of powerful cars crashing at speeds in excess of 120 mph.
The difference is, the drivers survive 99.99999% of the time with hardly a scratch but you find yourself wondering how.

100 mph …. that is a lot …

It's a lot when it's a full frontal impact on a steel reinforced concrete bridge support column.
Those things don't tend to move because of vehicle impacts, at least not the squishy passenger car variety.
I've lost count how many vehicle-vehicle impacts I've seen at that speed and higher.
Generally speaking the squishier the better provided the vehicle design focuses the squish in the proper direction,
but passengers must be restrained and secured under all circumstances.
You CAN survive collisions at those speeds, often without injury.

Back
Top Bottom