• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats Suggest Invoking The 25th Amendment Unless Trump "Gets A Grip"

The timid who cower and hide often find the bold and the brave to be unfathomable to their minds.

Nah. In this case, it's just the unprofessional and partisan.

Ethics Reminder Offered About 'Goldwater Rule' on Talking to Media

...It is alarming and an embarrassment for our profession to have reckless assertions of this kind disseminated by the media. But they do serve the purpose of raising important questions about our professional conduct. How should our profession respond to requests for media interviews?

Psychiatrists are bound by the ethical code of the medical profession, specifically defined in The Principles of Medical Ethics of the AMA and in APA's The Principles of Medical Ethics With Annotations Especially Applicable to Psychiatry (hereafter “Principles”). These Principles are “standards of conduct that define the essentials of honorable behavior for the physician.” Within these Principles can be found clear direction on the ethical requirements for communicating with the media...

Section 7.3

On occasion psychiatrists are asked for an opinion about an individual who is in the light of public attention or who has disclosed information about himself/herself through public media. In such circumstances, a psychiatrist may share with the public his or her expertise about psychiatric issues in general. However, it is unethical for a psychiatrist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has conducted an examination and has been granted proper authorization for such a statement.

By their own standards, they are so.

'After questioning President Trump's sanity earlier in the week, it appears Democrats have found another narrative to cling to - invoke the 25th Amendment unless Trump "gets a grip."

Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) in a floor speech this week called for a review of the Constitution's procedures for removing a president. He warned the 25th Amendment of the Constitution falls short when it comes to mental or emotional fitness for office.

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) during a weekend interview with CNN’s “State of the Union” said that “a few” Republican colleagues have expressed concern to him about Trump's mental health.'

Democrats Suggest Invoking The 25th Amendment Unless Trump "Gets A Grip" | Zero Hedge

Thoughts?

Stupid....

Nah. In this case, it's just the unprofessional and partisan.

Ethics Reminder Offered About 'Goldwater Rule' on Talking to Media

...It is alarming and an embarrassment for our profession to have reckless assertions of this kind disseminated by the media. But they do serve the purpose of raising important questions about our professional conduct. How should our profession respond to requests for media interviews?

Psychiatrists are bound by the ethical code of the medical profession, specifically defined in The Principles of Medical Ethics of the AMA and in APA's The Principles of Medical Ethics With Annotations Especially Applicable to Psychiatry (hereafter “Principles”). These Principles are “standards of conduct that define the essentials of honorable behavior for the physician.” Within these Principles can be found clear direction on the ethical requirements for communicating with the media...

Section 7.3

On occasion psychiatrists are asked for an opinion about an individual who is in the light of public attention or who has disclosed information about himself/herself through public media. In such circumstances, a psychiatrist may share with the public his or her expertise about psychiatric issues in general. However, it is unethical for a psychiatrist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has conducted an examination and has been granted proper authorization for such a statement.

By their own standards, they are so.

The fact that these professionals are willing to put their name on the line and disobey that protocol speaks volumes about their integrity and patriotism.

The fact that these professionals are willing to put their name on the line and disobey that protocol speaks volumes about their integrity and patriotism.

Indeed it does. Simply not in the way that you want, however convenient you find it for temporary partisan gain.

Just to be clear, though, if I go back through the posts a few months ago, when folks were talking about Hillary being secretly super-sick, I"m totes going to find you lauding the medical doctors going on TV to say that in their opinion she is unfit to serve, yeah?

They didn't riot in the streets, go after his family and encourage espionage, neither.

It seems the dems have gone bat **** crazy over Trump. They remind me of Chief Inspector Dreyfuss going after Inspector Clouseau in the Pink Panther.

I wonder how many of them will seek psychiatric treatment?

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066904923 said:
It seems the dems have gone bat **** crazy over Trump. They remind me of Chief Inspector Dreyfuss going after Inspector Clouseau in the Pink Panther.

I wonder how many of them will seek psychiatric treatment?

Hey! Plumbers are legitimately scary, okay!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!!??????!!! :mad:

Indeed it does. Simply not in the way that you want, however convenient you find it for temporary partisan gain.

Just to be clear, though, if I go back through the posts a few months ago, when folks were talking about Hillary being secretly super-sick, I"m totes going to find you lauding the medical doctors going on TV to say that in their opinion she is unfit to serve, yeah?

Feel free to present anything you find.

Feel free to present anything you find.
Because you thought FOX passing along theories that she was secretly sick/dying was totally patriotic and brave?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

These people need to hurry up and get through the Bargaining Phase. This is getting ridiculous.
One side in denial, the other side having mercury poisoning. What's not to like?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Re: Democrats Suggest Invoking The 25th Amendment Unless Trump "Gets A Grip"

One side in denial, the other side having mercury poisoning. What's not to like?

"Daddy, tell me the story about how we lost the Old Republic again."

"Well, son, it all started with this #&+$&ing gorilla...."

"Daddy, tell me the story about how we lost the Old Republic again."

"Well, son, it all started with this #&+$&ing gorilla...."

"Liberals then had an existential crisis when a normal range of celebrities died."

"Liberals then had an existential crisis when a normal range of celebrities died."

...and so, driven by the cognitive dissonance of their own inability to deal with impending mortality, Boomers decided "F It, let's throw one more fit and see what happens".

...and so, driven by the cognitive dissonance of their own inability to deal with impending mortality, Boomers decided "F It, let's throw one more fit and see what happens".

"Little did we know then, they would offer two more Presidential candidates for 2020, despite one of them being statistically unlikely to live during the campaign season."

"Little did we know then, they would offer two more Presidential candidates for 2020, despite one of them being statistically unlikely to live during the campaign season."

"Driven by the need to placate ever-more-demanding, ever-more-militant bases, the candidates became more aggressive, even as their hearts could no longer take the strain. Few who witnessed it will ever forget the silent shot of the debate stage after, strewn with war feathers and bottles of orange makeup..."

'After questioning President Trump's sanity earlier in the week, it appears Democrats have found another narrative to cling to - invoke the 25th Amendment unless Trump "gets a grip."

Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) in a floor speech this week called for a review of the Constitution's procedures for removing a president. He warned the 25th Amendment of the Constitution falls short when it comes to mental or emotional fitness for office.

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) during a weekend interview with CNN’s “State of the Union” said that “a few” Republican colleagues have expressed concern to him about Trump's mental health.'

Democrats Suggest Invoking The 25th Amendment Unless Trump "Gets A Grip" | Zero Hedge

Thoughts?
The 25th has to be invoked by the VP. Good luck.

victus qui se victus

Or just to their stupidity and biases.. and the stupidity and biases of the whiny losers looking for confirmation and and reasons to criticize Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/...ychiatrist-demurs-on-trumps-mental-state.html
Most amateur diagnosticians have mislabeled President Trump with the diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder. I wrote the criteria that define this disorder, and Mr. Trump doesn’t meet them. He may be a world-class narcissist, but this doesn’t make him mentally ill, because he does not suffer from the distress and impairment required to diagnose mental disorder.

The writer, professor emeritus of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Duke University Medical College, was chairman of the task force that wrote the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders IV (D.S.M.-IV).

"Driven by the need to placate ever-more-demanding, ever-more-militant bases, the candidates became more aggressive, even as their hearts could no longer take the strain. Few who witnessed it will ever forget the silent shot of the debate stage after, strewn with war feathers and bottles of orange makeup..."

Then Kanye inherited the earth.

Thoughts?

One representative mentioned the 25 Amendment. Al Franken made an off the cuff remark. CNN went full stupid trying to whip up a controversy. No wonder most people don't take CNN seriously.

Actually, those citing Trumps authoritarian ways and mental instability are growing every day.. Recently Governor McAuliffe of Virginia summed it up rather nicely

There is a very very strong sense in the nation that Trump is illegitimate and is taking the nation down a dangerous path - both domestically and with foreign nations and must be opposed like no president ever has in modern times.

I expect when Spring comes, we really see some fireworks. The Indivisible groups are just now getting organized and the Tax Day protest in April could well be larger than the January 21 demonstrations.

Actually there aren't more people citing anything. The ones that have been citing it are just throwing a louder tantrum. Children do that. They get louder when they don't get their way. Did you know that one can diagnose herpes by reading a person's posts?

Dude, get real.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom