• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats Object to Chick-fil-A voter registration drive.

Will be interesting to see how this thread turns out compared to the Planned Parenthood one a few months ago.

I don't have a problem with them holding registration drives at Chick-fil-A or Planned Parenthood or party headquarters. As long as they don't deny registration cards to people who won't vote the way they want.

If I owned a fast food joint and felt like being political I would do sandwich registration. When you buy a sandwich you get your sandwich registered and get sandwich background check. The registration bit would be a joke, and the background check would actually be a free sandwich.

I don't have a problem with this

I find it odd that the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Deborah Clark is the one holding the drives and maybe in that state/jurisdiction that is cause for concern or somehow shady but on the surface its seems fine to me just weird as far as I know.

Its NOT Chick-fil-a holding the drive which doesn't make this issue like planned parent hood at all, which i also supported anyway and if it was I would also support that too.

2 points:

As best i can tell, it is one democrat

She is not complaining that Chic-fil-a is holding voter registration events, but that the county is holding those publicly funded events at Chic-fil-a. Still seems like a kinda silly complaint, but not as bad as the headline makes it sound.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the inherent problem with a Chick-fil-A voter registration drive.

It is no different than holding voter registration drives in black neighborhoods - it is well known that certain locations favor certain political leans.

I don't have a problem with them holding registration drives at Chick-fil-A or Planned Parenthood or party headquarters. As long as they don't deny registration cards to people who won't vote the way they want.

Maybe they'll give our Chick-Fil-A voter IDs.

Where would the Democrats be having a registration drive?

The welfare line? :lamo

The only reason the GOP wants to hold an event at a chick-fil-a is they're trying to boost the voter turnout in the fried bird demographic. So transparent.

The only reason the GOP wants to hold an event at a chick-fil-a is they're trying to boost the voter turnout in the fried bird demographic. So transparent.

What exactly is "the fried bird demographic"?
I googled it and found some possibilities but I am not sure which one you are talking about.

For example, Korean fried chicken, a dish which is commonly served as fast food in Korea and is known for being crispier than normal fried chicken.

Both Scottish[1][2][3] and West African cuisines[4][5][6][7][8] had traditions of frying chicken.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8] Scottish fried chicken was cooked in fat (though unseasoned)[1][3] while West African fried chicken was seasoned[1][2][8] (but battered[5][6] and cooked in palm oil).[4] Scottish frying techniques and African seasoning techniques were in the American South by African slaves.[1][2][3][8] Fried chicken provided some means of independent economy for enslaved and segregated African-American women, who became noted sellers of poultry (live or cooked) as early as the 1730s.[9] Because of this and the expensive nature of the ingredients, it was, despite popular belief, a rare dish in the African-American community[4] reserved (as in Africa) for special occasions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_chicken
So is that demographic, Scottish, African, African American or Korean?

Where would the Democrats be having a registration drive?

The welfare line? :lamo

Better than Republicans who have it at the local insane asylum. :lol:

I love me some fried chicken. Smoked is even better.

Really? I like smoked meat as much as the next guy who always takes a smoker along on a weekend trip to the river, but smoked chicken is definitely not my favorite. Fried or baked, it's kinda a tie for me there.

2 points:

As best i can tell, it is one democrat

She is not complaining that Chic-fil-a is holding voter registration events, but that the county is holding those publicly funded events at Chic-fil-a. Still seems like a kinda silly complaint, but not as bad as the headline makes it sound.

People get hungry.

Back
Top Bottom