• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dating a cocaine addict

There's no way in hell I would date someone who did cocaine no matter how little the amount. I'd have to wonder why they do it and why they can't satisfy that need in a natural way.

Sober or no go.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I've only dated her for a few weeks now so I cant say for sure, but my guess is she's more of a weekend social user. We went house hunting for 12 days in a row, and she only missed one day (a saturday).

Wait, what? You've only been dating a few weeks and you're already house-hunting?

I've only dated her for a few weeks now so I cant say for sure, but my guess is she's more of a weekend social user. We went house hunting for 12 days in a row, and she only missed one day (a saturday).

Problem is I'm crazy in love with her. I got the classic butterflies in my stomach, I dont sleep well, My appetite is a lot less, and can't stop thinking about her. Somebody once told me you can't really help who you fall in love with and I can vouch for that, its certainly true (at least for me)

Do what you gotta do and get it out of your system.

You can drop her now, or after your car gets confiscated by the narcs and some guy called Bubba is making you his girlfriend while waiting to see the judge. Your call.

Canada is not quite as draconian as the US when it comes to drugs. Perzonal use for most would result in no real punishment or record

Pretty much.

Its also illegal for cops to search your car when they pull you over. They need probable cause

If she is only a weekend user it is not a problem

If she is using during the day or every night it probably is a problem. A few good signs to look for when with her.

A few things to look for.

Depending on how much time you are with her you should be able to tell if she is using when you are around.

Overall there are a lot of social users who do not have problems

HOLEY HANNAH that's a remarkably sharp and accurate way of putting it.

QFT.

Consider that phrase stolen.

She's worked in addictions, among other social work areas. They change fields often- some areas, like family stuff up north where she's from, have a burn-out period of 7 years or less.
She says the phrase is yours.

I hear ya, bro.

I think I'm just gonna keep dating her and see where it goes.
If it doesnt work out, it doesnt work out.

Probably the best strategy is not to be judgemental and try not to make it an issue

Erm. Well IMHO no, the best strategy is run like hell and leave no forwarding address.

But hey, your call. I think you kinda had your mind made up somewhat already, before you started this thread.

She's worked in addictions, among other social work areas. They change fields often- some areas, like family stuff up north where she's from, have a burn-out period of 7 years or less.
She says the phrase is yours.

Well it struck me like a six pound hammer, because of my niece who has spent YEARS trying to escape druggie babydaddy.... that hostage thing is just dead on.

So I met this beautiful, gorgeous girl. She's a real-estate agent here in Toronto, she's hard-working and makes over $150K a year because she's really good at selling. She is in her mid 20's, I'm in my mid 40's. We hit it off as soon as we met. Call it love at first sight or whatever.

Everything is perfect, except for the fact she likes to do cocaine once or twice a week. I personally DESPISE drugs in all its forms, especially cocaine. I worked as a tarbender in the nightclub industry during the 90's and my GM was a serious addict. So I know what to look for and what the signs are of someone who does coke regularly. I also heard from 2 different sources that she is indeed a user.

So my question to you guys is, can a relationship like that ever work?? Or is it doomed to fail??
I did some research and addicts most of the time will pick their drug over their mate. Maybe not right away but in due time.

Opinions??

Stay emotionally detached, be wary of you also getting arrested for possession if she has illegal substances with her. Consider her a good lay and nothing more if you want to keep seeing her. Convince her to get an IUD. When you go out, consider renting a car. Hers could have drugs stashed and yours could get confiscated.

Last edited:
Stay emotionally detached, be wary of you also getting arrested for possession if she has illegal substances with her. Consider her a good lay and nothing more if you want to keep seeing her. Convince her to get an IUD. When you go out, consider renting a car. Hers could have drugs stashed and yours could get confiscated.

Or he could just stick his dick in a rattlesnake pit, about the same level of risk.

Seriously, there are more fish in the fracking sea!

Erm. Well IMHO no, the best strategy is run like hell and leave no forwarding address.

But hey, your call. I think you kinda had your mind made up somewhat already, before you started this thread
Not completely, but for the most part yes.

Its not that easy to just walk away from this one, trust me

Or just find someone who isn't snorting powder up their nose?

Or just find someone who isn't snorting powder up their nose?
Or injecting.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Or injecting.

Right --- it's not like it's hard to find women who aren't committing crimes on a weekly basis.

Right --- it's not like it's hard to find women who aren't committing crimes on a weekly basis.
Piracy excluded, of course. [emoji14]

Think it's crazy that weekend use of cocaine is something that people think you need 'rescuing' from.

If she's taking bumps in the car before she shows you a house, then yeah there's an issue. If she's doing it at a nightclub at 2am on Saturday nights then I don't really see the issue.

I wouldn't worry about it, she's mid 20's if she's smart she'll probably phase it out over the next couple years.

Not completely, but for the most part yes.

Its not that easy to just walk away from this one, trust me

Well then I wish you luck, and clear judgement. Afraid you're going to need it.

Think it's crazy that weekend use of cocaine is something that people think you need 'rescuing' from.

If she's taking bumps in the car before she shows you a house, then yeah there's an issue. If she's doing it at a nightclub at 2am on Saturday nights then I don't really see the issue.

I wouldn't worry about it, she's mid 20's if she's smart she'll probably phase it out over the next couple years
Thats what I'm hoping for. Fortunately I know the warning signs when someone sinks too deep into drug use, so I should be able to see it coming

Thats what I'm hoping for. Fortunately I know the warning signs when someone sinks too deep into drug use, so I should be able to see it coming

The way you're talking about her and looking for a green light here, you won't see it coming. Among other things, you won't want to.

Your business, though. Good luck.

So I met this beautiful, gorgeous girl. She's a real-estate agent here in Toronto, she's hard-working and makes over $150K a year because she's really good at selling. She is in her mid 20's, I'm in my mid 40's. We hit it off as soon as we met. Call it love at first sight or whatever.

Everything is perfect, except for the fact she likes to do cocaine once or twice a week. I personally DESPISE drugs in all its forms, especially cocaine. I worked as a tarbender in the nightclub industry during the 90's and my GM was a serious addict. So I know what to look for and what the signs are of someone who does coke regularly. I also heard from 2 different sources that she is indeed a user.

So my question to you guys is, can a relationship like that ever work?? Or is it doomed to fail??
I did some research and addicts most of the time will pick their drug over their mate. Maybe not right away but in due time.

Opinions??

How sure are you that she only does this habit twice a week?

How sure are you that she only does this habit twice a week?
I think its actually closer to once a week (weekends). I'm aboot 70 to 80% sure.
2 other people have told me this, plus she constantly has a running nose (or maybe thats allergies??).

I wont know for sure until she confides in me, and we arent that far into the relationship yet

The way you're talking about her and looking for a green light here, you won't see it coming. Among other things, you won't want to.

Your business, though. Good luck
Not looking for a green light. I can make up my own mind.

I want to hear from other guys (or girls) who have dated cocaine users, and whether or not it has worked for them long-term

Back
Top Bottom