• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Current TV Series You'd Like To Recommend

Now 24! I just watched episode 6 of season 2 last night.

Edit: Oh, I see, Canadians don't get the show til Fall 24. Well, sucks to be Canada I guess.
Have you watched Shogun, Black bird, The Night Agent

All 3 are excellent
BB based upon RLE

Have you watched Shogun, Black bird, The Night Agent

All 3 are excellent
BB based upon RLE

Shogun is in the queue. Normally it's not my type of thing but too many people are going crazy for it for me to ignore. When that many people love a show there's usually a reason for it. I'll check out the other two.

Finished the first episodes of:

Altered Carbon: Very similar to Blade Runner in style, but I guess that was intentional. Not a fan of the lead actor, but the plot is somewhat engaging so far so I'll keep watching.

Babylon Berlin- German TV show (the Germans are catching up with good quality stuff on TV these days) about Berlin in the last years of the Wiemar Republic. I was a big fan of the first 3 seasons of Boardwalk Empire so it's pretty interesting. 2 Seasons are already out so this should keep me going until Man in the High Castle Season 3 comes out.

I don't watch any live TV series or sitcoms. Far too many commercial breaks. I wait for them to ultimately make their way to streaming services, if their ratings carry them that far.

Shogun is in the queue. Normally it's not my type of thing but too many people are going crazy for it for me to ignore. When that many people love a show there's usually a reason for it. I'll check out the other two.
Slow Horses, The Night Manager, and Love and Murder, A Spy Among Friends
The last 2, based upon RLE

Slow Horses, The Night Manager, and Love and Murder, A Spy Among Friends
The last 2, based upon RLE

(y)The Night Manager...have recommended many times. Very well done and amazing eye candy.

I have been watching the GILDED AGE and find it very eye appealing & fascinating, plus it does provide a glimpse of what life was like during that time period. It's great to watch fantastic characters and acting without the offence of constant foul language. It is adult entertainment of a much higher quality than most.

I would have recommended THE THREE BODY PROBLEM until I watched episode 6... but then I watched Episode 6

giphy (1).gif

I have been watching the GILDED AGE and find it very eye appealing & fascinating, plus it does provide a glimpse of what life was like during that time period. It's great to watch fantastic characters and acting without the offence of constant foul language. It is adult entertainment of a much higher quality than most.

I believe upper class homes had indoor plumbing by the Gilded Age. I sat there looking at those dresses and wondered what these poor women had to go through to take a simple wee.

Three-Body, the original Chinese series is currently running on Amazon Prime. I hear it's better.

Maybe so, but it's the underlying plot that fell apart for me. It hit a wall like all bad sci-fi where they try to explain too much, leaving the antagonist and protagonist plots equally incomprehensible.

I guess the plot fell apart for me in episode 5 when people started doing things that were played off as debatable but were actually just insane.

I'm looking forward to The Pitch Meeting's take on this show...

I would have recommended THE THREE BODY PROBLEM until I watched episode 6... but then I watched Episode 6

View attachment 67500653

We got to the middle of episode 4 when we figured out that all was not well with this show. (We only got this far so no spoilers please.)

It’s been roughly 40 years since the cabal of humans have been in contact with the Santi, and it’s only now that the cabal’s leader figured out that the Santi don’t have abstract thought, and therefore no lies, stories or metaphors? The lack of ability to comprehend abstract thought would have been the first barrier in communication between humans an aliens. Communication would have been IMPOSSIBLE until this was resolved.

Thinking about the criticism I made of The Three Body Problem shortly before I came across this image, which I instantly recognized as being aimed at me.

41084157-D69F-42A5-AD8F-41B7F69613A0.jpeg

Truman Capote and the Swans on Hulu. Fantastic.

Truman Capote and the Swans on Hulu. Fantastic.

Hated it. Didnt get past part of part 2. I realize that the actor was doing Capote pretty well, but I cant stand that actor and Capote was gross and disturbing.

It was like watching some "Real Housewives of..." episode...which I've never done...just seen commercials. I dont need to be reminded of so many women people behaving like that in life. I have zero respect.

We got to the middle of episode 4 when we figured out that all was not well with this show. (We only got this far so no spoilers please.)

It’s been roughly 40 years since the cabal of humans have been in contact with the Santi, and it’s only now that the cabal’s leader figured out that the Santi don’t have abstract thought, and therefore no lies, stories or metaphors? The lack of ability to comprehend abstract thought would have been the first barrier in communication between humans an aliens. Communication would have been IMPOSSIBLE until this was resolved.

That plot twist was definitely a foreshadowing of nonsense, but just you wait.

Just started watching Goliath. So far, so good.
Has anyone seen this series??
Billy Bob Thornton-Love the guy

Just started watching Goliath. So far, so good.
Has anyone seen this series??
Billy Bob Thornton-Love the guy

Yes. The first season was really good. The 2nd, ok. Then it really didnt work for me after that.

Yes. The first season was really good. The 2nd, ok. Then it really didnt work for me after that.
Have you watched Bosch?? Not Bosch Legacy, which is a spin off
I liked it

Read S 2 sucked but after that back on track. Will let you know

I just burned through 1883. Holy shit the last two episodes were brutal.

All I could think of, watching this show, is how soft we are. We think we have it rough. We don’t know rough.

My internet went down today for fifteen minutes. I was wobbly.

Love the costuming, but some of the acting is very, very eyeroll-worthy.

Back
Top Bottom