• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Criminals are Entitled to Your Stuff

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Yep. He gets shot and he is the victim. And while no democrat politician would argue that he should be "entitled" to your stuff to make a living, they certainly seek to want to propose laws that encourage that attitude. This, to me, speaks to that entire personality disorder issue that we have in America. It makes me wonder what is behind that personality disorder statistic on prison inmates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. He gets shot and he is the victim. And while no democrat politician would argue that he should be "entitled" to your stuff to make a living, they certainly seek to want to propose laws that encourage that attitude. This, to me, speaks to that entire personality disorder issue that we have in America. It makes me wonder what is behind that personality disorder statistic on prison inmates.

I think it's unfortunate that Stand Your Ground laws may protect this person. I am not in favor of shooting a person in this circumstance. Now, I shall duck and cover.

Everything his family said is bull****, in my eyes. He wasn't a good kid. He wasn't smart. He was a thief. And had anyone been at home when he broke in? He may have been a murderer.

Edit...what is it about Trayvons in Florida?

Interesting...

look at it from a child's point of view that was raised in the hood. How he going get his money to have clothes and go to school?
Per a female family member at 1:49 on video.

The answer? How about get a job after school? Perhaps work hard in school to get a scholarship? Take out student loans?

Basically do what you can and need to do to get by without committing a crime and placing either yourself of others in harms way.

EDIT: The law will determine what should happen to the homeowner in this case, but I do want to point out something about the "shooting in the back" comments.

“The police told her don’t go in the house,” Vaughan Johnson, Trevon’s brother, told WPLG. “She’s still going in the house searching for something. Then she says this lady came out and shot one time and shot him in the chest.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...should-she-be-charged/?utm_term=.6548a090f494

You don't usually get shot in the chest if your back is to the person with the gun. :shrug:

Last edited:

He was shot in the back as he was fleeing. Ms. Jenrette was not, at that time in any danger and was not protecting herself.

I'm all for stand your ground and castle laws, but this doesn't meet the reason or purpose of those laws.

Interesting...

Per a female family member at 1:49 on video.

The answer? How about get a job after school? Perhaps work hard in school to get a scholarship? Take out student loans?

Basically do what you can and need to do to get by without committing a crime and placing either yourself of others in harms way.

Cause the alternative is a MOFO.

He was shot in the back as he was fleeing. Ms. Jenrette was not, at that time in any danger and was not protecting herself.

I'm all for stand your ground and castle laws, but this doesn't meet the reason or purpose of those laws.

This a a fairly old story but, if I remember correctly, she had put in the security system, that alerted her, due to many break-ins. People are generally fed up with this ****.

How he gonna get his money for clothes to go to school? That entitlement attitude says it all - once you are convinced that others have "your money" then all that remains is quibbling over the redistribution method.

This a a fairly old story but, if I remember correctly, she had put in the security system, that alerted her, due to many break-ins. People are generally fed up with this ****.
And I don't blame her for being fed up. I think she was right to have a security system and to be armed. But she shot him in the back and that is not self defense.

And I don't blame her for being fed up. I think she was right to have a security system and to be armed. But she shot him in the back and that is not self defense.

He won't be coming back.

How he gonna get his money for clothes to go to school? That entitlement attitude says it all - once you are convinced that others have "your money" then all that remains is quibbling over the redistribution method.

Right, and to his credit, he was just cutting out the middle man. Everyone knows that the rich don't 'pay their fair share' and that the poor are 'entitled' to the property of others, so it only makes sense that an enterprising young man take matters into his own hands rather than waiting for elected representatives to do his looting for him.

Why some people risk their life for belongings is beyond me. I wouldn't rush into a fire to save anything in my home so long as my family is safe. Same goes for a burglary. I suspect if it had been me, I'd have waited on the police. On the other hand, other people are not as cautious as I am, and I do not fault them for that. I recognize that people will go to great lengths including risking their lives to protect what they have earned. Running into a fire to rescue a laptop or something of that human nature for example.
It astonishes me that some people are almost insulted that other people will kill in order to defend themselves whilst trying to protect/rescue something they worked to achieve. I don't know if this case was self-defense or not If he was shot in the back that is doubtful..

Last edited:
Right, and to his credit, he was just cutting out the middle man. Everyone knows that the rich don't 'pay their fair share' and that the poor are 'entitled' to the property of others, so it only makes sense that an enterprising young man take matters into his own hands rather than waiting for elected representatives to do his looting for him.

We obviously need a bling, grill and clothes program to help folks in "the hood" be properly attired to attend school. ;)

I think it's unfortunate that Stand Your Ground laws may protect this person. I am not in favor of shooting a person in this circumstance. Now, I shall duck and cover.

Everything his family said is bull****, in my eyes. He wasn't a good kid. He wasn't smart. He was a thief. And had anyone been at home when he broke in? He may have been a murderer.

Idk? But there was a "confrontation." So it seems she was justified. And stand your doesn't seem to apply. Idk. Not given that statement. Even before stand your ground...because of castle doctrine. It was her home and he was between her and "home."

The lesson is? Don't screw with us in Florida. We have issued nearly 2 million ccws.

He was shot in the back as he was fleeing.

But she shot him in the back and that is not self defense.
Why do you keep spewing that nonsense?

She came home found him coming out of a rear window, a confrontation ensued and she shot him.

“She observed a subject leaving the home through the rear,” said police Det. Dan Ferrin.

Miami-Dade police said there was a confrontation and shots were fired. Police said they were on scene seconds after the shooting and gave CPR to the teen. Johnson was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Homeowner Shoots, Kills Teen Burglary Suspect

Shot in the chest. That should be a hint as to what happened.

I agree fully. But should a person be allowed to be killed in protecting a person's possessions? Or would it be better that the taxpayer to compensate the damage? And how prevent the thieves from acting the way their socialization directions them?

Castle laws are not about self defense - they are about the right to protect yourself and your property from those that feel entitled to commit crime. IMHO, they do not go far enough as many exclude outbuildings and other non-residential (or unoccupied) property. In Texas, property in an attached garage/shed is covered but not in a detached structure on the same tax bill as the home.

What Is the Castle Doctrine and Does It Apply in Texas?

Why do you keep spewing that nonsense?

She came home found him coming out of a rear window, a confrontation ensued and she shot him.

“She observed a subject leaving the home through the rear,” said police Det. Dan Ferrin.

Miami-Dade police said there was a confrontation and shots were fired. Police said they were on scene seconds after the shooting and gave CPR to the teen. Johnson was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Homeowner Shoots, Kills Teen Burglary Suspect

The story I read said she shot him as he was fleeing. I did not see anything about him coming back or a confrontation.

The story I read said she shot him as he was fleeing. I did not see anything about him coming back or a confrontation.

:)

The news likes to tell different stories. So it begs the question? Can you shoot a fleeing man in the chest? Makes you question it huh? That is why these laws are important. If he has no aversion to breaking into your home to "put himself through school," something tells me he won't have an aversion to lying to cover his own ass. Well in this case...he can't.

don't know if that was a justifiable use of lethal force but I do get sick of family members trying to pretend that their felonious members were somehow blameless for their own demise. Its like that twit who was mad her son was killed when he went ARMED to rob a Pizza establishment and was fatally mistaken that the employees could not be armed themselves.

Would this be the said reporting you read?

But can she be forgiven for, according to police, fatally shooting a teenager as he fled her house, even as officers were on their way to help?
A Miami woman killed a teen burglar as he fled her home, police say. Should she be charged?

I do understand how the error can be made, but that is an assumption.
Shot while fleeing does not mean shot in the back.
For instance, she could have been in his path and shot him in the front as he fled the house.
Not saying that is the case here as it was reported that a confrontation ensued and then he was shot.

And they weep because they cant figure out why they got destroyed in the election , priceless !!!

yeah I heard that-when I was mugged-some twit said that I should have just given the asshole my wallet (he had already busted my nose and his confederate was trying to choke me out when I gut shot the guy in front of me) because I was "rich" and the poor muggers were "underprivileged". My attorney noted the twit was female and asked her what if the two attempted to rape her-she could spare a little "sex". that shut her up but it shows the perspective of the criminal-enablement industry in this society.

given the family the deceased came from, its probably good riddance. the cops ought to keep an eye on those interviewed-they sound like they are probably ready to steal or rob themselves

Back
Top Bottom