• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Covid Investigations

I've seen a number of Democrats lately wanting to start up investigations into the Covid response. Is this really the time for that? I mean really, this is the best they can do, investigate instead of trying to help the situation? Now I'm ok with non-partisan investigations after this is over and done with but now is not the time. We need to be focused on fighting the Covid war instead of using a pandemic for partisan political reasons. They keep on shooting everything at Trump and missing and with the election just literally months away, they want to use their time doing this instead of fighting the pandemic? Fighting Trump is more important than fighting the virus? Really?

You know the answer! There is NOTHING more important to Democrats than power, and they see this not as a humanitarian crisis, but as an "opportunity" to enact their agenda and get one more chance to destroy Trump and his chances for re-election.

The people who wanted an investigation into Hunter Biden for...something...don't want an investigation into the events that led to the deaths of a thousand Americans a day.

Dems want answers to why thousands of Americans died daily from a disease....but aren't concerned about Planned Parenthood killing babies by the millions every year.

They better be careful what they look for. I guarantee there are some Dems who screwed things up. This is not a one way blame game.

What the hell was Adam Schiff doing as head of the Intel committee while this virus was making its way across the globe? Yes, the Democrats were too consumed with impeachment and tearing Trump down for banning travel from China, all the while telling their citizenry to get out and party.

And I’m sure Nancy will lead a fair, impartial, non partisan investigation purely for the best interests of the American people

An investigation is required to examine the countries failings in our governments response. It is obvious our leaders have failed on several fronts.

I realize you want to protect Trump politically, fair enough. But not at the expense of American lives.

As I stated in another thread I have been following politics 40 years. Trump's inaction from Jan onwards, his rhetoric and the recession to follow have doomed him in Nov. I don't see him overcoming this in Nov, he is done.

What the hell was Adam Schiff doing as head of the Intel committee while this virus was making its way across the globe? Yes, the Democrats were too consumed with impeachment and tearing Trump down for banning travel from China, all the while telling their citizenry to get out and party.

Yeah, not responding to subpoenas and ignoring a pandemic really took it out of the poor guy.

Bipartisan commission modeled after the 9/11 commission. You should probably check in on what the OP is talking about before making silly comments.

I suspect many countries, the world over, will be doing something similar. All with the idea of future preparedness. Sure some of the current leadership will take hits and get kudos, but the focus will be on:
what worked.
what did not work.
what not to do.
how to repeat what was done correctly but with even better outcomes.

Much of this work will be done through comparisons with other countries. One lesson for America, that I can see, is a full Federal approach. In a pandemic, having each Governor with veto power over the lives of their fellow citizens seems short sighted. The one thing we have learned is that some pretty unintelligent people can be elected Governor. Not the sort of people we want to trust our lives to.

I suspect many countries, the world over, will be doing something similar. All with the idea of future preparedness. Sure some of the current leadership will take hits and get kudos, but the focus will be on:
what worked.
what did not work.
what not to do.
how to repeat what was done correctly but with even better outcomes.

Much of this work will be done through comparisons with other countries. One lesson for America, that I can see, is a full Federal approach. In a pandemic, having each Governor with veto power over the lives of their fellow citizens seems short sighted. The one thing we have learned is that some pretty unintelligent people can be elected Governor. Not the sort of people we want to trust our lives to.

I find it odd that the same people who are talking about how great a job Trump is doing, are so afraid of finding out what was done right and wrong. Personally, I don't think Trump has been terrible in the response to COVID. Not great for sure, but not nearly as bad as some say. I don't want a COVID commission because it would get Trump(I don't think it would in fact, especially with the 18 month timeline proposed), but because no response to a disaster is ever perfect, and can always be better, and I think America should always strive to be better.

I find it odd that the same people who are talking about how great a job Trump is doing, are so afraid of finding out what was done right and wrong. Personally, I don't think Trump has been terrible in the response to COVID. Not great for sure, but not nearly as bad as some say. I don't want a COVID commission because it would get Trump(I don't think it would in fact, especially with the 18 month timeline proposed), but because no response to a disaster is ever perfect, and can always be better, and I think America should always strive to be better.

I believe it's important to hold inquiries/investigations/critiques or whatever you want to call them. Strategies are changing on a daily basis and you find out what worked and what didn't and hopefully are better prepared for the next time. But, this needs to be done after the crisis is over, not during. Investigations waste resources and today's standard merely revolves around the blame game.

I've seen a number of Democrats lately wanting to start up investigations into the Covid response. Is this really the time for that? I mean really, this is the best they can do, investigate instead of trying to help the situation? Now I'm ok with non-partisan investigations after this is over and done with but now is not the time. We need to be focused on fighting the Covid war instead of using a pandemic for partisan political reasons. They keep on shooting everything at Trump and missing and with the election just literally months away, they want to use their time doing this instead of fighting the pandemic? Fighting Trump is more important than fighting the virus? Really?

Yes Trump should had over the reigns to Nancy and then the Dems won't complain about the mess Trump is causing anymore. They are trying to get his ass in gear but that is impossible for a moron like Trump. I hope you are happy now. You are also to blame for the extra deaths that Trumps gross incompetence will cause. Don't forget that.

I agree, but not while you are crouched in a bunker taking on enemy fire.

The people who wanted an investigation into Hunter Biden for...something...don't want an investigation into the events that led to the deaths of a thousand Americans a day.

That's peak Republican Party for you.

You think these are similar circumstances?

This is no surprise. They have been fighting Trump since he was elected. This is obviously having a negative affect on our ability to focus on the Coronavirus. These investigations also had an affect on the day to day running of this country. The anti Trump movement is worse than the Coronavirus. I think there needs to be consequences for those who continue to sabotage the President especially during this current crisis.

It is like he was born in a foreign country or something and not eligible to become president

How exactly is this "fighting Trump"?

Are you saying Trump and his staff cannot walk and chew bubblegum at the same time? Really?

Well that is just ****ing stupid.

Why do republicans always throw a hissy whenever people do not kiss republican presidential ass?

Hint for you: The proposal calls for a bipartisan commission. It is not about Trump. It is about being better prepared for next time. Why do you want America to be more vulnerable?

It is like he was born in a foreign country or something and not eligible to become president

He's clearly eligible!

Here is the proposal: https://schiff.house.gov/imo/media/doc/SCHIFF_038_xml.pdf

Details: Commission is appointed right after the next presidential inauguration. The president(Trump or Biden presumably) appoints the chairman. The top senator from the party the president is not in(ie if Trump is president, the democrat, if Biden, the republican) appoints the vice chair. Each party then picks 4 other members. No more than 5 members of any party, and a total of 10 members.

So, which part of that are you opposed to?

Would live to hear what the die hard Trumpers think about Jared Kushner. Holy lord this kid is a schmuck.

Here is the proposal: https://schiff.house.gov/imo/media/doc/SCHIFF_038_xml.pdf

Details: Commission is appointed right after the next presidential inauguration. The president(Trump or Biden presumably) appoints the chairman. The top senator from the party the president is not in(ie if Trump is president, the democrat, if Biden, the republican) appoints the vice chair. Each party then picks 4 other members. No more than 5 members of any party, and a total of 10 members.

So, which part of that are you opposed to?

I concede. After making this thread I checked things out deeper and realized that the investigations would not begin until afterwards. However, I'm skeptical that this won't be just another insurance policy in case Trump wins the 2020 election.

Back
Top Bottom