• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Corbyn calls for empty homes of the rich to be seized for Grenfell victims

Conscripted private property? I'm sure the people paying nothing would leave the property in fine shape, since paying tenants ALLWAYS do!

That's for them to work out with the people who aren't using those bulidings now isn't it.

Because that's something ALL poor folk do isn't it?

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

It's a common problem with such systems. The reason for this comes down to human nature, not economic class. People care more about their own property and thus will take better care of those things they own. If they don't personally own something but are just getting it for free they are more likely to abuse it and do things like rip things off the wall to create fires in the middle of the room.

400 people who have just lost everything in a fire have nowhere to live, RFN, and the incompetent council has proven itself unable/unwilling to cope. Ten pounds a day barely gets you a coffee. Here's what Corbyn said this morning. (Between 1.30ish to 3mins.)

It's a common problem with such systems. The reason for this comes down to human nature, not economic class. People care more about their own property and thus will take better care of those things they own. If they don't personally own something but are just getting it for free they are more likely to abuse it and do things like rip things off the wall to create fires in the middle of the room.
Heiferdust. These people have just lost everything including neighbours in a fire. Could you be any more insulting?

Thousands of miles outsIde it. That's America not the UK.
The government offering to buy up empty unused houses at the current market price is bad how?

Offering to buy? :lamo

400 people who have just lost everything in a fire have nowhere to live, RFN, and the incompetent council has proven itself unable/unwilling to cope. Ten pounds a day barely gets you a coffee. Here's what Corbyn said this morning. (Between 1.30ish to 3mins.)

At an interview? That means he is not in his house. Quick get people over to his house! Poor people need housing!

He's not here for delivering pertinent appraisals.

See the campfires in the middle of the living room remark.

Best not feed you know who.

My example actually comes from a real world situation where the residents were literally ripping the walls apart and putting it on a fire in the ****ing house.

That's for them to work out with the people who aren't using those bulidings now isn't it.

Property taxes are not bad enough? Now you want people to justify ownership with continued occupation ? You know this is the USA?

So to answer your question, no, no it's not. Private property has a meaning in this country.

Rather see petty drug and other petty offenders released from prison and turn those into shelters.

My example actually comes from a real world situation where the residents were literally ripping the walls apart and putting it on a fire in the ****ing house.
Well, I can't be held responsible for the kind of neighbourhood you might dwell in, but this here is about London which is in England which is part of the UK.

Instead of trying to impose your cross-pond parameters over to here (vid your totally irrelevant comment on US understanding of eminent domain), maybe you'd be better off in staying OVER THERE, i.e. out of the Europe forum.

No matter, your decision but don't expect me to respond to you any further.

Well, I can't be held responsible for the kind of neighbourhood you might dwell in, but this here is about London which is in England which is part of the UK.

Instead of trying to impose your cross-pond parameters over to here (vid your totally irrelevant comment on US understanding of eminent domain), maybe you'd be better off in staying OVER THERE, i.e. out of the Europe forum.

No matter, your decision but don't expect me to respond to you any further.

My example happened in Australia. Btw, do you know which country our eminent domain laws are modeled after? Hint: It's yours.

~............... You know this is the USA?............~
whole thread is about London and subsequently in the Europe forum.

Now with that geographical confusion cleared up, why don't you just keep US matters in the plenitude of sub-forums this site provides for that sort of thing?

Thousands of miles outsIde it. That's America not the UK.
The government offering to buy up empty unused houses at the current market price is bad how?

What if people are not interested in selling? Some invest in real estate anticipating future market appreciation and can afford to sit on it.

If you just use eminent domain for any reason, the real estate market would go to hell.

whole thread is about London and subsequently in the Europe forum.

Now with that geographical confusion cleared up, why don't you just keep US matters in the plenitude of sub-forums this site provides for that sort of thing?

Thanks, your so helpful, the post I responded to was a person in Chicago. Back seat mod often!

Heiferdust. These people have just lost everything including neighbours in a fire. Could you be any more insulting?

One brave kid turned up at school next day for an exam in her nightclothes. Everything she had was what she was wearing.

Property taxes are not bad enough? Now you want people to justify ownership with continued occupation ? You know this is the USA?

So to answer your question, no, no it's not. Private property has a meaning in this country.

Rather see petty drug and other petty offenders released from prison and turn those into shelters.

Yep, the country where both left and right scream "oppression" every three seconds despite never having experienced actual oppression.

Some people seem to think private property is more important than human life. Probably why ending slavery was such a shock to the antebellum south.

One brave kid turned up at school next day for an exam in her nightclothes. Everything she had was what she was wearing.

Oh come on...this is the age of Victim Culture, the Do-Gooders were Johnny on the spot offering what ever was needed for sure!

Thanks, your so helpful, the post I responded to was a person in Chicago. Back seat mod often!
Nothing to do with modding, more to do with helping you focus.

The person you were responding to has sufficient focus to address the topic and the geography here. If you were equipped of equal insight, your actual location wouldn't matter a damn.

As things stand you have so far not contributed anything of pertinence (let alone value) to this thread.

Hence my suggestion that if that's all you can do and want to do, why not do it OVER THERE?

Nothing to do with modding, more to do with helping you focus.

The person you were responding to has sufficient focus to address the topic and the geography here. If you were equipped of equal insight, your actual location wouldn't matter a damn.

As things stand you have so far not contributed anything of pertinence (let alone value) to this thread.

Hence my suggestion that if that's all you can do and want to do, why not do it OVER THERE?

Damn, don't make a simple mistake here. You feel better now?

Back
Top Bottom