• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Convenience store clerk says customers 'need to go back to their country' in video confrontation

Except, it has increased under Trump. The racists are emboldened by a racist president. THere are many videos of these racist saying this is Trump's country. THis isn't just "oh, same as usual". There is an increase. ANd there is deafening silence from republicans

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...pire-more-hate-crimes/?utm_term=.7e7b52b7a272

Donald Trump rallies: New study finds correlation with more hate crimes - Vox
Hate Crimes Increase for the Third Consecutive Year, F.B.I. Reports - The New York Times

See the facts above. Yes, you are being foolish indeed

There is a lot of hate going on out there. I would expect more of these crimes. There is action and then there is reaction. it takes two to tango. Also, more and more of these crimes are being filmed because everything is on camera these day's. More crimes are reported because more crimes are seen. This doesn't at all correlate to the rhetoric of the President.

There are over 329 million people in America as of this post. Population Clock

Why are we supposed to care what one minimum wage employee says or does; how is this even newsworthy?

Does CNN, the voice of Leftist "moral panic," mean to imply that this person is emblematic of general American thought?

First they platform a white supremacist (Richard Spencer) to try to smear the President as a racist; now they go to the other extreme and try to use this "store clerk" to show how "pervasive" racism is. :doh

No one denies that racism exists. We see it evidenced every day in this very Forum, oddly most often with members displaying their hatred for those they call "white."

But there is no denying that there are white racists, just as there are black, brown, yellow, etc., racists. People are people.

So then, why should we care if some convenience store clerk acted up, and was rightly fired for "poor customer service?"

It's newsworthy because it followed on Trump's comments. Wouldn't have been reported most likely if the prez hadn't said what he did. Also, this wasn't a voting booth, so why is he asking about citizenship?

And, of course, in my experience the convenience store clerk probably has plenty of immigrant colleagues. Strange incident.

There is a lot of hate going on out there. I would expect more of these crimes. There is action and then there is reaction. it takes two to tango.

Victim-blaming hate crimes? That's kinda blatant hate.

Victim-blaming hate crimes? That's kinda blatant hate.

No sir! I believe the rhetoric on both sides has been getting more and more mean spirited. It's inevitable that tempers are going to boil over. I believe that all sides and certainly not just the President are responsible for the state we are in. I would never blame the actual victim unless they directly instigated the situation.

^^
Senses link to Trump, spews the typical Adverse bull**** to muddy the water. Trump, and you through your support of him, embolden and affirm these vile peoples' disgusting beliefs.

It seems a little disrespectful of you to single out a poster of color. Given the current environment we are in and knowing the types of comments he recieves, I think it is worth asking why you would do such a thing.

I'm going to need confirmation from someone higher up before I'm willing to be outraged here. Is there a manager of a McDonald's somewhere in the United States who feels the same way as 'convenience store clerk' man?

Weren't the presidents supporters heard chanting send her back or something the other night ;)

There are probably quite a few mcdonalds managers there, convenient store clerks as well.

MAGA :elephantf:usflag2:

Why are we supposed to care what one minimum wage employee says or does; how is this even newsworthy?

Does CNN, the voice of Leftist "moral panic," mean to imply that this person is emblematic of general American thought?

First they platform a white supremacist (Richard Spencer) to try to smear the President as a racist; now they go to the other extreme and try to use this "store clerk" to show how "pervasive" racism is. :doh

No one denies that racism exists. We see it evidenced every day in this very Forum, oddly most often with members displaying their hatred for those they call "white."

But there is no denying that there are white racists, just as there are black, brown, yellow, etc., racists. People are people.

So then, why should we care if some convenience store clerk acted up, and was rightly fired for "poor customer service?"

And yet the right had an explosive diarrhea over a vape store clerk telling a MAGA hat wearing man to get out.

Interesting that the Rightists overreacting over that but when it comes to this story, it's dismissed as a nothingburger. :thinking

Maybe after a 15$ minimum wage this guy will be more pc

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The news is that more and more these pieces of **** feel comfortable being overtly racist in public because they see the President getting away with it and that makes them think their disgusting ideas are more popular than they actually are.
Absolutely, there is no place for that blatant racism. Glad to see his ass fired.

So when Americans go to Mexico and are asked that question is it racist?

Oh my blame Trump again? You guys are over the top with the hate Trump BS.... A clerk in some convince store now represents what someone else thinks or believes? Foolish stuff.

Trump is the clerk in the convince store. This person worked in a convenience store. Apparently Trump has convinced people like this to be open and bold where before they knew better and kept their mental poison to themselves.

By the way, thanks for creating a new definition for Trump's bloviating, the "Convince Store". :applaud

^^
Senses link to Trump, spews the typical Adverse bull**** to muddy the water. Trump, and you through your support of him, embolden and affirm these vile peoples' disgusting beliefs.

It seems a little disrespectful of you to single out a poster of color. Given the current environment we are in and knowing the types of comments he recieves, I think it is worth asking why you would do such a thing.

Skin color?

What are you babbling about?

Skin color?

What are you babbling about?

Captain Adverse is a poster of color, therefore to single him out for criticism is disrespectful and possibly even racist. You should recognize your privilege as a white poster. :p

Was the store clerk an off-duty immigration agent?

Was the homeowner who refused to let a crew of illegals roof their home an immigration officer? No they were just a citizen refusing to allow criminals on their property.

Was the homeowner who refused to let a crew of illegals roof their home an immigration officer? No they were just a citizen refusing to allow criminals on their property.

Some analogies limp. Yours has muscular dystrophy. Big difference between entering into an employer/employee relationship and hiring someone who is illegal, as that might be against the law, and a clerk asking for legal status of someone buying donuts. So if the clerk learns that I used to smoke dope before it was legal (I deny everything) he can refuse me service? You put up a sign, you serve who walks in, even if they have brown skin. That's the law. (Btw, did this guy claim he checked everyone's immigration status, say customers with British accents, sneaky Canadians who sound like Yanks?)

You serve anyone who behaves themselves and is of legal age if they want to buy booze or tobacco. If you are a off duty ICE person and know about various immigration statuses and corresponding documents, green cards, visas, have a passport scanner next to the register, etc., have at it, but you are probably still breaking the law.

Last edited:
Some analogies limp. Yours has muscular dystrophy. Big difference between entering into an employer/employee relationship and hiring someone who is illegal, as that might be against the law, and a clerk asking for legal status of someone buying donuts. So if the clerk learns that I used to smoke dope before it was legal (I deny everything) he can refuse me service? You put up a sign, you serve who walks in, even if they have brown skin. That's the law. (Btw, did this guy claim he checked everyone's immigration status, say customers with British accents, sneaky Canadians who sound like Yanks?)

You serve anyone who behaves themselves and is of legal age if they want to buy booze or tobacco. If you are a off duty ICE person and know about various immigration statuses and corresponding documents, green cards, visas, have a passport scanner next to the register, etc., have at it, but you are probably still breaking the law.

He can refuse you service for any reason but, this guy didn't.

Im more than a little tired of this gsme being played by the left by conflating everything they can as being racist.

If someone looks st someones dinner snd says that steskblooks disgusting. Its a statemrnt a vegan might make but it does mean that person is a vegan.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ok, he acted like an ignorant jerk, not a racist. Sorry he lost his job over it.

No, he cannot refuse you service "for any reason." But you are right. It seems he did not refuse service if I have the story right, (couldn't get the video to play) just treated the customer shabbily and in a presumably discriminatory manner. I used to investigate these kinds of complaints many years ago, and this incident might be a tough call. One could construct an argument that the hostile atmosphere he created amounted to him discouraging a class of customers if he did this sort of thing consistently, but in practice these things would be settled with a apology and a offer of service if probable cause were found. The guy probably had a bad day, made it a worse one for the customer, and then even worse for himself.

No, he cannot refuse you service "for any reason." But you are right. It seems he did not refuse service if I have the story right, (couldn't get the video to play) just treated the customer shabbily and in a presumably discriminatory manner. I used to investigate these kinds of complaints many years ago, and this incident might be a tough call. One could construct an argument that the hostile atmosphere he created amounted to him discouraging a class of customers if he did this sort of thing consistently, but in practice these things would be settled with a apology and a offer of service if probable cause were found. The guy probably had a bad day, made it a worse one for the customer, and then even worse for himself.

Whether or not the clerk's behavior was racist, it was certainly stupid. Retail businesses make their money by selling to customers, not harassing them. I'd have fired this kid too, no matter who it was that he insulted. You don't treat customers that way.

Probably a good idea to keep politics out of the workplace.

Wrong. You cannot refuse service for reasons such as race, religion, etc. Read the law on public accomodations. It's what came about after sit-ins, Freedom Riders, and other civil rights activities in the 1960s. There may be state and local laws in lay as well.

Ok, he acted like an ignorant jerk, not a racist. Sorry he lost his job over it.
I have no opinion one way or the other about his employer firing him. My comment had nothing to do with that. My objection is with conflating rude behavior with racism. Just because you would expect a racist to be rude to others does not mean everything rude is racist. That is a logical falacy that is repeated over and over again by the left when it pertains to racism.

I have no opinion one way or the other about his employer firing him. My comment had nothing to do with that. My objection is with conflating rude behavior with racism. Just because you would expect a racist to be rude to others does not mean everything rude is racist. That is a logical falacy that is repeated over and over again by the left when it pertains to racism.

Whether or not he is racist is his problem. I have seen the accusation overused. But unless he asks everyone about their immigration status he is discriminating, arguably violating the law.

Whether or not he is racist is his problem. I have seen the accusation overused. But unless he asks everyone about their immigration status he is discriminating, arguably violating the law.
When did discrimination based on immigration status become against the law? You may not like it and he may be fired for doing it but its not illegal.

Back
Top Bottom