• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conspiracy and Obstruction of Justice

You know what Flynn's phone conversation was about and what he lied about, right? It was post-election and had nothing and therefore could have nothing to do with said elections. That he lied about talking to the Russians to keep them from escalating in response to Obama kicking out their diplomats, something there was no need to lie about. He should have been open an honest as there's nothing wrong with it and it was actually very reasonable.

THat's the charge he pleaded guilty to. I'm sure you believe that is all he did. But, I know it's not. And, you would too, if you were being honest with yourself.

THat's the charge he pleaded guilty to. I'm sure you believe that is all he did. But, I know it's not. And, you would too, if you were being honest with yourself.

All the evidence points to there not being anything deeper than what we have. If that were not so, then there wouldn't have been very weak and poorly handled situations like the meeting with the Russian lawyer and such.

Trump supporters are just like the Democrats who insisted that giving head isnt sex, when they say that all this lying by the Trump team is nothing.

All the evidence points to there not being anything deeper than what we have. If that were not so, then there wouldn't have been very weak and poorly handled situations like the meeting with the Russian lawyer and such.

....at the very least, there is a strong obstruction of justice case ..... Again, Mueller is not letting Flynn off the hook without a strong case against bigger fish.

You know what Flynn's phone conversation was about and what he lied about, right? It was post-election and had nothing and therefore could have nothing to do with said elections. That he lied about talking to the Russians to keep them from escalating in response to Obama kicking out their diplomats, something there was no need to lie about. He should have been open an honest as there's nothing wrong with it and it was actually very reasonable.

You do realize the Mueller charter is broad. While its focus is "....the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election...." (not collusion), but it includes "....investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts....." (maybe collusion / conspiracy)

As with any counterintelligence investigation, this will also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed.

It also includes "....any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a), and may prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation...." (such as obstruction of justice)

To the extent that Flynn relayed to Moscow that they should ignore the Obama sanctions, it could very well be a crime in and of itself (it could be a blatant violation of the Logan Act violations) and/or be indicative of collusion ('thanks Moscow for the help, we've got your back on the sanctions thing...'), or both.

Does scope of Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian influence include obstruction of justice?

My personal opinion: when this is all said and done, we will be shocked at the extent of personal financial entanglements between the Trump Organization, Kushner and Russian banks. I believe most of Trump's net worth exists because of his financial entanglements with Russians (debt owning AND many of its properties were sold to Russians at much greater than FMV)..... If true, this means that Russia owns Trump and he is indeed a Putin puppet.

this is my personal opinion, but I have decent foundation for that view.

Last edited:

Incorrect. All the evidence points in the opposite direction.

Four indictments, two convictions for Trump? NO.

Your EVIDENCE there was more and that Trump was involved?

Trump is/was their boss. Duh

....at the very least, there is a strong obstruction of justice case ..... Again, Mueller is not letting Flynn off the hook without a strong case against bigger fish.

You do realize the Mueller charter is broad. While its focus is "....the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election...." (not collusion), but it includes "....investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts....." (maybe collusion / conspiracy)

As with any counterintelligence investigation, this will also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed.

It also includes "....any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a), and may prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation...." (such as obstruction of justice)

To the extent that Flynn relayed to Moscow that they should ignore the Obama sanctions, it could very well be a crime in and of itself (it could be a blatant violation of the Logan Act violations) and/or be indicative of collusion ('thanks Moscow for the help, we've got your back on the sanctions thing...'), or both.

Does scope of Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian influence include obstruction of justice?

My personal opinion: when this is all said and done, we will be shocked at the extent of personal financial entanglements between the Trump Organization, Kushner and Russian banks. I believe most of Trump's net worth exists because of his financial entanglements with Russians (debt owning AND many of its properties were sold to Russians at much greater than FMV)..... If true, this means that Russia owns Trump and he is indeed a Putin puppet.

this is my personal opinion, but I have decent foundation for that view.

Of course, that's how they got Manafort on money laundering, which has nothing to do with Russian collusion.

Incorrect. All the evidence points in the opposite direction.

Lol...not it doesn't. Again, if there was something deeper than why where their so many really clumsy instances to point at? Direct messages on Twitter with Wikileaks...some crappy meeting with a lawyer. If there was something so well developed between the Trump campaign in Russia then why all these ham-fisted attempts?

Lol...not it doesn't. Again, if there was something deeper than why where their so many really clumsy instances to point at? Direct messages on Twitter with Wikileaks...some crappy meeting with a lawyer. If there was something so well developed between the Trump campaign in Russia then why all these ham-fisted attempts?

If you believe that, more power to ya. :lol:

If you believe that, more power to ya. :lol:

That's not a real response. I asked a question to which you didn't answer. Do you have an answer?

That's not a real response. I asked a question to which you didn't answer. Do you have an answer?

Yeah--you're going to be in for a shock.

Back
Top Bottom