• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Comey says he believes the source of the Steele ‘dossier’ to be 'credible

Every single piece, every line, every comment, every accusation is true unless you can disprove it, If you cant then it is completely true.

Maybe if you live in Russia...

Maybe if you live in Russia...

I have been asking over and over again, time after time, just what is wrong, what is a lie, what is incorrect and I have yet to get an answer. Despite this, all I hear is that its phony.

Comey is more than likely under contract to make all the appearances to shill for his book. Any reputation he had a few years ago is gone.

I have been asking over and over again, time after time, just what is wrong, what is a lie, what is incorrect and I have yet to get an answer. Despite this, all I hear is that its phony.

Steele is being sued for slander in the UK for statements in the dossier.

How does one prove a negative?

The big outrage of the dossier is that it was used to obtain warrants on citizens.

What is he supposed to say? He used it for the FISA warrant and left out the inconvenient fact that it was supplied by the Clinton campaign.

That alone doesn't make it bad information. Killing the messenger is weak sauce. If the information is true, who it came from doesn't make one iota of difference

Steele is being sued for slander in the UK for statements in the dossier.

How does one prove a negative?

The big outrage of the dossier is that it was used to obtain warrants on citizens.

People say stuff about other people all the time. If some of the information in the dossier was used to obtain the warrants was true, it doesn't matter if he's being sued for slander. I've investigated a lot of criminal allegations, and I've never found a person to be completely, 100% truthful and accurate. They always have some personal bit they throw in that has to be examined and ultimately discarded.

Somebody says "Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK. Also Oswald is a flaming homo sexual and eats babies for breakfast." They inaccurate parts of that statement don't necessarily impeach the part that is true.

Comey grows smaller by the day. He has taken on a the visage of Jimmy Swaggart - guilty of the very sins he daily decries.

Comey grows smaller by the day. He has taken on a the visage of Jimmy Swaggart - guilty of the very sins he daily decries.

Still he makes trump mad and fume...Spouting stupid tweets that make trump look like the raging asshole he is.......................Good

Comey says he believes the source of the Steele ?dossier? to be 'credible' - ABC News

President Donald Trump has slammed the so-called “dossier” as fake, phony, dirty, horrible and a disgrace.

But former FBI Director James Comey said he believed from the outset that the British intelligence officer who wrote the report was a “credible source.”

More & more of the Steele dossier are being confirmed but the Right still keeps on pushing back. It could be the stake that ends the Trump presidency.

The man who's connection to the FBI was terminated because he ran his mouth to the media... is a credible source???

...Yeah, like we are going to believe anything that Steele even remotely has his mitts in. Much less Comey for that matter.

Comey says he believes the source of the Steele ?dossier? to be 'credible' - ABC News

President Donald Trump has slammed the so-called “dossier” as fake, phony, dirty, horrible and a disgrace.

But former FBI Director James Comey said he believed from the outset that the British intelligence officer who wrote the report was a “credible source.”

More & more of the Steele dossier are being confirmed but the Right still keeps on pushing back. It could be the stake that ends the Trump presidency.

The bottomline is the fake dossier was used as an excuse to initiate an investigation. The fake dossier was a means to end. The real goal was to find some type of dirt, either created or unrelated, so they can tie Trump's hands. The analogy is a neighborhood business accuses his competitor of using dog meat in its special spaghetti sauce. Even if this was not true, if you have the right connections, this can push it to where the police need to investigate, to settle the fear. The investigation may not find anything, since it was fake, but once inside the restaurant, the investigation can still be used to undermine your business. If they find no dead dogs, but one cockroach, this can still be used to undermine your business. That was the real goal. A cockroach accusation, by itself, would not get the ball rolling. But if it is attached to dead dogs, this will stick better.

If the Democrats can get away with this, then would it be OK for Trump to do the same to Democrat leaders or to the Owners of left wing news agencies? The Democrats set a new precedent in terms of a sucker shot. If this is OK, based on Democrat lawyer talk, it should be OK, if Trump now does it.

The Mueller investigation recently started the precedent of being able to break into a lawyer's office and steal his stuff. This borders on unconstitutional. Should Trump now be able to use this to get even with his opponents? Or should this be new level of low, be investigated and punished, so this does not start a new trend that Trump can now use before the midterms?

The Mueller investigation has gone way off target; collusion. The original charge was a decoy for entry. If the Republicans are able to start a second special investigation, can they use a decoy and then stack the deck with only loyal Trump donors, like Mueller did with choosing his Hillary donor legal team? Can Trump then order his loyalist to extrapolate, beyond the original scope of the decoy, and also break into any lawyer's office, if they need? The Democrats did this, so it is OK.

The Democrats have started precedents that can be used against them. If you sucker shot a person, he gets to sucker shot you back at 110%. A sucker shot works only if the other guy does not get back up. If he gets back up, you are in trouble. The left may want to start apologizing and beg for mercy. They will not be able to withstand the same sucker shot from someone how learns from previous devious precedents. If there is no apology, game is on.

Last edited:

Nothing in that work of fantasy has come close to being proved.

And... this work of fiction was used to get a FISA warrant. That puts some folks in some type of legal jeopardy. Opposition research not identified as such to get a FISA warrant!?

You folks are desperate... LOL...

Juneau... Dey got sum splain’in to do Lucy.

Comey's narrative has been the same for the last year and more. Trump can barely put two non-contradictory tweets in a row. Who's the more credible?

Comey's narrative has been the same for the last year and more. Trump can barely put two non-contradictory tweets in a row. Who's the more credible?

Comeys narrative has been that Trump was not under investigation while he was director and his memo proves that Trump wanted the investigation to continue, not end. So, no collusion. No obstruction. I guess that leaves all your eggs in the Story basket now.

Comeys narrative has been that Trump was not under investigation while he was director and his memo proves that Trump wanted the investigation to continue, not end. So, no collusion. No obstruction. I guess that leaves all your eggs in the Story basket now.

but trump wanted comey to anounce publically that trump was not under investigation, something which comey could not do because the investigation was ongoing.

but trump wanted comey to anounce publically that trump was not under investigation, something which comey could not do because the investigation was ongoing.

Comey couldn't? McCabe can but Comey can't? That doesn't make any sense. It also conflicts with what you said previously.

Leaks are unauthorized releases of information.

McCabe and Comey has authority to disclose certain kinds of information to the public.

this quote by Mccabe

The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter. It was the same type of exchange with the media that the Deputy Director oversees several times per week.It was. In fact it was the same type of work that I continued to do under Director Wray, at his request.

as deputy director of the FBI, McCabe had the authority to disclose information to the media. those are not leaks

Comey was authorized to make a statement to correct misconception by the public in ongoing investigations. From 1-7.000 - Confidentiality and Media Contacts Policy

1-7.400 - Disclosure of Information Concerning Ongoing Criminal, Civil, or Administrative Investigations

"When the community needs to be reassured that the appropriate law enforcement agency is investigating a matter, or where release of information is necessary to protect the public safety, comments about or confirmation of an ongoing investigation may be necessary, subject to the approval requirement in subparagraph A."
https://www.justice.gov/usam/usam-1-7000-media-relations#1-7.111

What McCabe was snagged for is that he did it to mold public perception of himself, not the for the interest of the public. Comey would have been authorized to make a public statement about an ongoing investigation. I suspect he chose no to because he was tied up in his own self interest and not the interest of the public. Comey told Trump that he wasn't being investigated yet he refused to make a public statement, which he was authorized to do if it was in the interest of the public. I see no reason it wouldn't be in the interest of the public to debunk the false press, that the FBI was investigating Trump, at the time.

Last edited:
Every single piece, every line, every comment, every accusation is true unless you can disprove it, If you cant then it is completely true.

Uhh, no. The one making the accusation has to prove the validity of the accusation. What you are saying is that if someone says you are a child molester then you have to prove that you aren't a child molester. That's not how it works.

Back
Top Bottom