• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colorado pastor accused of pocketing $1.3M in crypto scheme says 'Lord told us to'

beefheart

Ice Cream for Crow?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Ain't no con artist like a Christian preacher...

A Colorado-based pastor for an online church accused of pocketing $1.3 million through a cryptocurrency fraud scheme told followers in a video statement that the Lord told him to do it.

Eli Regalado and his wife marketed their cryptocurrency, INDXcoin, to Christian communities in Denver, saying God told him people would become wealthy if they invested, the Colorado Division of Securities said in a statement Thursday.

INDXcoin raised nearly $3.2 million, the Securities Division said. At least $1.3 million of that went directly to the Regalados or was "used for their own personal benefit," said a complaint filed Tuesday in Denver County District Court.

The Regalados could not be reached for comment. In a video statement to his followers last week, Eli Regalado said the charges that they pocketed $1.3 million "are true."

“Out of the $1.3 [million], half a million dollars went to the IRS, and a few hundred thousand dollars went to a home remodel the Lord told us to do," he said in the video.

The couple also allegedly spent their investors’ funds on a Range Rover, luxury handbags, jewelry, an au pair, boat rentals and snowmobile adventures, according to the complaint.

Ain't no con artist like a Christian preacher...

Sometimes the Lord calls us to the Prada store and the Range Rover dealer.

The Lord moves in mysterious ways, you cant question it.

I mean..... God was right. Some people DID become wealthy if they invested in the scheme.

"The Lord said: I want you to build this,” Regalado said. “We took God at his word and sold a cryptocurrency with no clear exit.”
“We allege that Mr. Regalado took advantage of the trust and faith of his own Christian community and that he peddled outlandish promises of wealth to them when he sold them essentially worthless cryptocurrencies,” Colorado Securities Commissioner Tung Chan said in a statement. In the video message, Regalado confirmed that he and his wife made $1.3 million from selling the cryptocurrency, of which they spent “a few hundred thousand dollars” on “a home remodel that the Lord told us to do.”
Either I misheard God, and every one of you who prayed and came in — you as well. Or two, God is still not done with this project,” Regalado said.

Or three, you're just another lying piece of shit fraudster and your followers are deeply stupid.

I asked my God, and my God told me it was OK to swindle my friends out of their money.

Luckily for my reputation, I don't pay much attention to what my God says.

Online church has to have low overhead.

Back
Top Bottom