• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colin Kaepernick files collusion grievance against NFL owners

Ray Lewis literally killed two people and is currently being discussed for a HOF nod. Adrian Peterson routinely beats his kid and still plays in the NFL.

But it's rather refreshing to see that someone who hates free speech and peaceful demonstration reveal they genuinely feel kneeling during the anthem is just as bad as literal murder.

He's not owed a job. He's also not owed support. If the others "colluded, I hope they were smart enough not to put it in writing anywhere.

He's not owed a job. He's also not owed support. If the others "colluded, I hope they were smart enough not to put it in writing anywhere.

In right-to-work states, he doesn't have prayer. In states like California...maybe.

While it’s pretty obvious, given the state of current NFL quarterbacking, that CK is out of the league because of his politics, he’s going to have a really hard time proving collusion.

He's become a hero to me. Did you see my thread titled "Let's Talk about Police Corruption and...

Thank you for the video. It provided more insight into him for me. It further persuaded me about the impression I already had of him, that he is a guy with well meant intentions. But I could hear from listening to him that he is a pretty intelligent man too. I only listened up to about the 7:30 mark of the video. I may come back and listen to the rest of it later.

I liked his point about police training in the USA and the amount of time spent on it. But lets say we went back several years before all this police shooting controversy started, before Democratic politicians, NFL players, celebrities, or you personally would have considered a problem even worth pondering for a second. If I had suggested that American police could possibly learn from the British police, how would you have honestly taken that? Particularly when your fellow white American partners in crime now criticizing you and the NFL players and CK in this thread would start communicating you in such away that I am an American heretic hell bent on destroying the butterfly love of American unity and harmony and the greatness of America? You would not accept the proposition, be honest, for unless thou Holiness in Hollywood, or a Democratic Party chair, say X thing is worthy of even considering for 1 nano second it is a problem or potential problem, it is not a problem to their disciples.

You know... cops lying has been a big problem for ages. Cops lied blatantly on me in their damn officially submitted police report. What bothered me most about their lying was they didn't even bother to get their stories straight together, which evidenced an arrogance and confidence that they felt or knew they didn't have too. I mean... had I submitted such a far fetched contradictory report in the Marine Corps along with another NCO our CO would have had our behinds. But in the local police department it was A Okay. Which kind of tells me the probability local cops have done that numerous times before is high.

But that happened to me before the Holy Ones ever thought it was worthy to consider a problem.

Problems can exist--and [drum roll] be worthy of as [a term they use in the natural sciences] "resolving"--irrespective if the Holy Ones that hold a Democratic Party chair or are celebrities in sports, television, or movies think so.

You know... there is a serious economic catastrophe *approaching* Black-America. It will become fully apparent once the black Baby Boomer Generation dies. But I hear no Holy Ones even deeming it worthy of a nano second of cellular brain energy to be expended on. Walking down their Red Carpet lanes or whatever it is they do. But oh what will Black-America do when they will have waited until the very last minute to try an combat the metaphorical "forest fire" spreading throughout their lands? "But white people will save us through welfare programs!" Maybe. Maybe they will. Or Maybe just enough that most are not living homeless like LA's Skid Row which the Holy Ones have not deemed worthy of a nano second of thought to consider a "real problem."

Hopefully, I'll be overseas and doing well when that economic dip into the bottomless pit of hell occurs. I did my duty before Christ to say something for those that few will speak for, when the Holy Ones gave them the middle finger of "ignore." So, I fear God not on that.

CK I would have advised to have stayed out of this controversy and to have just furthered his NFL career, made his money and enjoyed his success and the fruits that come with it. That's what I would have advised him. Not that he would have listened (who am I). And maybe him (personally) taking the stand and fall is noble. Maybe. But I come from a cut of harsh life experience, one were even if you show up to fight the dragon in battle, after the war is over it may not return to a life of rainbows and unicorns. People in modern day America say this is unfair! But that is exactly why Americans should not [F word] the Russians. Because the Russians are like me. They know fairness don't mean a [F word] thing. They. We. Are built for an unfair world.

Ultimately, what I think does not matter. The question you have to ask yourself is what lesson will you learn from this American experience?

Ray Lewis literally killed two people and is currently being discussed for a HOF nod. Adrian Peterson routinely beats his kid and still plays in the NFL.

Showing where the error was in his comment. Specifically...

You can be the best quarterback in the world, but if you're found to be a wife-beater or a murderer, then people may decide you're not worth watching, no matter how strong your athletic talent is.

Aaron Rodgers could be accused of wife beating and murder and so long as he wasn't found guilty and given jail time that would keep him from playing, he'd be on the field winning for someone and by and large people would still be gathering around to marvel at it. Because fans, especially the home fans, forgiveness will always be directly correlated to the amount of impact, skill, and worth the player in question has.

As to collusion, as I said in another thread

A far better example of collusion was present some years back when teams were penalized for breaking rules that did not actually exist. Nothing came of it.

Here, there's no way to "prove" collusion unless they have some kind of actual records of owners communicating with each other on this matter. The various ownership groups deciding they don't want to deal with the fallout of a Kaepnerick signing is not collusion.

While it’s pretty obvious, given the state of current NFL quarterbacking, that CK is out of the league because of his politics, he’s going to have a really hard time proving collusion.

Do you think the owners aren't hiring him because they disagree with his politics, or because of the potential fallout due to the reactions by other people to his politics?

If it's the former, you're right, he's out of the league because of his politics.

If it's the later, he's out of the league because he's deemed to have a likely negative impact on either the business and/or the on field product.

The former would be unfortunate, but feasible. The second is just the nature of the NFL, and in some ways businesses in general, and while still reasonable for someone to view as unfortunate, does paint a slightly different picture.

Do you think the owners aren't hiring him because they disagree with his politics, or because of the potential fallout due to the reactions by other people to his politics?

If it's the former, you're right, he's out of the league because of his politics.

If it's the later, he's out of the league because he's deemed to have a likely negative impact on either the business and/or the on field product.

The former would be unfortunate, but feasible. The second is just the nature of the NFL, and in some ways businesses in general, and while still reasonable for someone to view as unfortunate, does paint a slightly different picture.

To varying degrees depending on the individual owner, probably both.

Showing where the error was in his comment. Specifically...

Aaron Rodgers could be accused of wife beating and murder and so long as he wasn't found guilty and given jail time that would keep him from playing, he'd be on the field winning for someone and by and large people would still be gathering around to marvel at it. Because fans, especially the home fans, forgiveness will always be directly correlated to the amount of impact, skill, and worth the player in question has.

As to collusion, as I said in another thread
Your are making a big false equivalency comparing fan outrage toward the protest and the criminal acts/accusations of players.

1. Off the field allegations fans are not present for and the player benefits from doubt. There is no doubt with the protestors. They are doing it in front of the fans.

2. Players caught in off the field altercations are typically fined/suspended by the league. The protestors have faced no consequences like that yet.

3. The protestors are habitual offenders doing this every week. If a player was habitually in trouble with the law every week, that player would be cut.

Those are some big differences between the two things that your attempting to draw a parallel between.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

He's become a hero to me. Did you see my thread titled "Let's Talk about Police Corruption and Abuse"? I posted numerous examples of police officers caught on tape lying. Sometimes it's 5 officers all lying about a suspect. In one video 4 officers we caught framing a suspect to cover up for a fellow officer.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene...94-lets-talk-police-corruption-and-abuse.html

Butt I guess you don't want to talk about police corruption. You want to pretend it doesn't exist. I guess you think ignoring government corruption makes you patriotic.

Have you ever actually listened to Colin Kaepernick? What does he say here that you disagree with?

Yet he supports the regime in Cuba---which, by the way, is far more brutal to its own people than even the most "corrupt" police here--- and donated plenty of money to the foundation of a cop killer.

He's no hero. He's an idiot who still thinks it's 1968.

Anybody remember Curt Flood?
View attachment 67223973
He lost his case, but is credited with starting free agency, which more than a few thought would end baseball.

A truly great player, I saw him play at Dodger Stadium when I was young. We were in right field, Bobby Tolan played in Right, and he made some great plays right in front of us, all I really remember.

Yeah, that’s who I though of. Flood is a hero. Sad that he was blackballed by owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that now that everyone has taken a knee he’ll be back in the league next year. Next year no more anthem and conservatives will have their safe space back.

Kap may have been playing this year, but Tweets from his girlfriend comparing owners to slave owners got in the way. It also been reported/rumored he was unable to agree on salaries with teams looking at him.

You have a QB that skills are in decline from his high point. He comes with a lot of baggage a d will be a distraction for any organization that hires him. If he gets a spot next season he will need to lead a team deep into the post season or he will get cut IMO

Kap may have been playing this year, but Tweets from his girlfriend comparing owners to slave owners got in the way. It also been reported/rumored he was unable to agree on salaries with teams looking at him.

You have a QB that skills are in decline from his high point. He comes with a lot of baggage a d will be a distraction for any organization that hires him. If he gets a spot next season he will need to lead a team deep into the post season or he will get cut IMO

Plus we really dont know if he is healthy or if he has kept in shape. Green Bay should tell us in a hour if they are interested in a look:

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - We could learn more about the status of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers Monday when head coach Mike McCarthy addresses the media. McCarthy is scheduled to speak at 3:45 p.m. WBAY will carry McCarthy's news conference as it happens.
McCarthy to address media Monday afternoon

I am pretty sure that the answer is no.

I wonder if anyone from the league pulls him aside and tells him to knock all this nonsense off ?

Pictures are not news, nor facts, about attendance figures other than that split second in time.

The redskins had reported a record number of sellout in a row for YEARS. Yet every game I've been to for over a decade, if you took a picture of the stadium it would be between quarter to half empty at kickoff.

But then again, it's a ****ty propaganda site, so why would I expect a logical argument as opposed to a manufactured one.

Not to mentioned that the entire premise is flawed, as even if the attendance is low it's no proof that the singular or primary reason is a response to the protests as opposed to thst being one of a multitude of things causing issues for the NFL and it's Fandom right now.

Thank you for the video. It provided more insight into him for me. It further persuaded me about the impression I already had of him, that he is a guy with well meant intentions. But I could hear from listening to him that he is a pretty intelligent man too. I only listened up to about the 7:30 mark of the video. I may come back and listen to the rest of it later.

I liked his point about police training in the USA and the amount of time spent on it. But lets say we went back several years before all this police shooting controversy started, before Democratic politicians, NFL players, celebrities, or you personally would have considered a problem even worth pondering for a second. If I had suggested that American police could possibly learn from the British police, how would you have honestly taken that? Particularly when your fellow white American partners in crime now criticizing you and the NFL players and CK in this thread would start communicating you in such away that I am an American heretic hell bent on destroying the butterfly love of American unity and harmony and the greatness of America? You would not accept the proposition, be honest, for unless thou Holiness in Hollywood, or a Democratic Party chair, say X thing is worthy of even considering for 1 nano second it is a problem or potential problem, it is not a problem to their disciples.

You know... cops lying has been a big problem for ages. Cops lied blatantly on me in their damn officially submitted police report. What bothered me most about their lying was they didn't even bother to get their stories straight together, which evidenced an arrogance and confidence that they felt or knew they didn't have too. I mean... had I submitted such a far fetched contradictory report in the Marine Corps along with another NCO our CO would have had our behinds. But in the local police department it was A Okay. Which kind of tells me the probability local cops have done that numerous times before is high.

But that happened to me before the Holy Ones ever thought it was worthy to consider a problem.

Problems can exist--and [drum roll] be worthy of as [a term they use in the natural sciences] "resolving"--irrespective if the Holy Ones that hold a Democratic Party chair or are celebrities in sports, television, or movies think so.

You know... there is a serious economic catastrophe *approaching* Black-America. It will become fully apparent once the black Baby Boomer Generation dies. But I hear no Holy Ones even deeming it worthy of a nano second of cellular brain energy to be expended on. Walking down their Red Carpet lanes or whatever it is they do. But oh what will Black-America do when they will have waited until the very last minute to try an combat the metaphorical "forest fire" spreading throughout their lands? "But white people will save us through welfare programs!" Maybe. Maybe they will. Or Maybe just enough that most are not living homeless like LA's Skid Row which the Holy Ones have not deemed worthy of a nano second of thought to consider a "real problem."

Hopefully, I'll be overseas and doing well when that economic dip into the bottomless pit of hell occurs. I did my duty before Christ to say something for those that few will speak for, when the Holy Ones gave them the middle finger of "ignore." So, I fear God not on that.

CK I would have advised to have stayed out of this controversy and to have just furthered his NFL career, made his money and enjoyed his success and the fruits that come with it. That's what I would have advised him. Not that he would have listened (who am I). And maybe him (personally) taking the stand and fall is noble. Maybe. But I come from a cut of harsh life experience, one were even if you show up to fight the dragon in battle, after the war is over it may not return to a life of rainbows and unicorns. People in modern day America say this is unfair! But that is exactly why Americans should not [F word] the Russians. Because the Russians are like me. They know fairness don't mean a [F word] thing. They. We. Are built for an unfair world.

Ultimately, what I think does not matter. The question you have to ask yourself is what lesson will you learn from this American experience?

I need more coffee

I think that now that everyone has taken a knee he’ll be back in the league next year. Next year no more anthem and conservatives will have their safe space back.

Far from 'everyone' has taken a knee. :roll: There will always be an anthem, but unless you are there at the game, I don't think we'll be seeing it in the broadcast.

I very much would like to know what the financial arrangements are as it appears that the union is not paying for this.

Who is paying the freight?

Probably drug money, right?

What makes you think the NFL will come to a complete end??
May of been an exaggeration on my part but if they continue to hemmorage fans the lack of revenue will affect the quality of the league.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom