• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Scoreboard: Kavanaugh Accusers 700... Biden Accuser 1

You still remain stumped on naming a person or family in the media industry more influential than the Murdoch family.

All media outlets, major and minor, benefit from the First Amendment. You whine over content you disagree with.

Do want increased regulations that go against your expressed ideology? Did it ever occur to you that CryBaby K merited intense media publicity?

why are you trying to divert? the issue is this

Did the Kavanaugh accusations get far more press coverage than the Biden accusations? the answer is an undeniable YES. So why do you spew all sorts of irrelevant evasive bull poop? How powerful Murdoch is does not matter. Pretending Fox news is more influential in cable, ignores the far more power ABC, CBS, NBC, USA TODAY etc have.

Why are you unable to deal with the point of this thread? I know why-because you do understand that Senile Joe is getting a pass for the claims he mistreated women and you like that.

I am willing to hear the woman out. Biden spent 8 years as VP, and this woman never stepped forward. That alone does not mean she is not telling the truth, but does deserve an answer.

I think her claims are dubious at best. and I tire of this sort of nonsense. Kavanaugh was a well known federal judge on the second most important court in the USA. His nomination for that court was national news. For someone to pretend they didn't realize he was being nominated for the Court of Appeals-especially after his work with the controversial and constantly scrutinized (in the media) Clinton impeachment investigation is not worthy of any respect.

why are you trying to divert? the issue is this

Did the Kavanaugh accusations get far more press coverage than the Biden accusations? the answer is an undeniable YES. So why do you spew all sorts of irrelevant evasive bull poop? How powerful Murdoch is does not matter. Pretending Fox news is more influential in cable, ignores the far more power ABC, CBS, NBC, USA TODAY etc have.

Why are you unable to deal with the point of this thread? I know why-because you do understand that Senile Joe is getting a pass for the claims he mistreated women and you like that.

Over and over, you continue to conflate two very different sets of circumstances. You make the same fallacious argument repeatedly.

You refuse to face the obvious fact the allegations against CryBaby K deserved more media scrutiny than the allegations against Biden.

Over and over, you continue to conflate two very different sets of circumstances. You make the same fallacious argument repeatedly.

You refuse to face the obvious fact the allegations against CryBaby K deserved more media scrutiny than the allegations against Biden.

now you are ignoring the facts and trying to justify the disparate treatment. So I guess, you have FINALLY ADMITTED that the news gave the claims against Kavanaugh far more coverage even though most of them were blatantly bogus ( i think at least two accusers admitted to perjury-and the one whose forgetfulness was so thorough that perjury couldn't be proven-Ford-had her attorney admit that the entire act was designed to sabotage Kavanaugh's appointment). Have any of the Biden accusers admitted to perjury or said something that is so blatantly and obvious fictional (ie the Swetnik rape parties) that their claims can be dismissed out of hand? I wouldn't know because we don't see any real coverage of these women.

now you are ignoring the facts and trying to justify the disparate treatment. So I guess, you have FINALLY ADMITTED that the news gave the claims against Kavanaugh far more coverage even though most of them were blatantly bogus ( i think at least two accusers admitted to perjury-and the one whose forgetfulness was so thorough that perjury couldn't be proven-Ford-had her attorney admit that the entire act was designed to sabotage Kavanaugh's appointment). Have any of the Biden accusers admitted to perjury or said something that is so blatantly and obvious fictional (ie the Swetnik rape parties) that their claims can be dismissed out of hand? I wouldn't know because we don't see any real coverage of these women.

You refuse to accept the truth that Crybaby faced more newsworthy allegations than Biden. You continue to dismiss all the allegations against CryBaby as bogus. No worries TD. The POTUS and the GOP leadership had his back. On a party line vote, he advanced.

I chuckle at you conflating two different sets of circumstances to try to make a point, when I already know your arguing style, that you admire CryBaby and hold a low opinion of Biden. Go ahead and get the last post.

You refuse to accept the truth that Crybaby faced more newsworthy allegations than Biden. You continue to dismiss all the allegations against CryBaby as bogus. No worries TD. The POTUS and the GOP leadership had his back. On a party line vote, he advanced.

I chuckle at you conflating two different sets of circumstances to try to make a point, when I already know your arguing style, that you admire CryBaby and hold a low opinion of Biden. Go ahead and get the last post.

your opinion ONLY. You have done your best to justify liberal bias in the MSM and I think most people will see how pathetic your evasion is. Why were the allegations against Kavanaugh-NONE OF WHICH TOOK PLACE WHILE HE WAS IN PUBLIC OFFICE or even when he was first admitted to the bar-more noteworthy than malfeasance charged to BIDEN while he held powerful political offices? What is more relevant to the inquiry of whether an individual should be promoted to a higher office: malfeasance while one was a student with ZERO claims of inappropriate behavior while in subordinate office or charges of wrongdoing in political offices far closer to the time of the promotion is in question?

Not only were the charges against Kavanaugh ancient and unsupported, his actions in public office demonstrated the exact opposite behavior. Kavanaugh was well known for championing female law clerks who worked for him to the Supreme Clerk. There is no evidence of him sexually harassing female law clerks, female attorneys or any other females that might come in contact with him as a judge.

You joking? Or do you really not understand? No one I know of shapes the news more than Fox & Friends.

So you make overtures to correlation to completely ignore it yourself. Fox and Friends doesn't shape many other outlets except Fox News, there is certainly no correlation that they cause other networks to run a story or bury it.

In other words, quit the red herring bull****.

What is most concerning imo is that the media is shielding Biden since nobody is asking him about the accusations! They know he will give some incoherent rambling so they are throwing him as many softball pitches for him to hit.....

It is embarrassing.

What's embarrassing is that Biden accuser has been retweeting and posting favorable things about Biden for several years before her "revelation". Why would she be doing that if he did those despicable things she alleges?

In 2017 Alexandra Tara Reade praised Joe Biden for his action in helping stop sexual assault, not just once, but on multiple occasions.
Between September of 2016 and May of 2017, Alexander Tara Reade used a Twitter account, under the name Tara McCabe, to spread praise of Joe Biden via tweeting, retweeting and liking various Tweets.
There are multiple examples of this, as seen below:
In the below instance, Reade retweeted a tweet by Margaret Cho that appears to commend Joe Biden for working with Lady Gaga to end sexual assault.
Then again in April of 2017, Reade liked a tweet by the Huffington post that praised the former Vice President for helping men realize how important they are in the fight against sexual assault. The article commends Biden for the steps he has taken to encourage men to take responsibility in stopping assaults against women.

Also in March of 2017, Reade made a tweet claiming that Joe Biden “speaks truth,” and encouraged her followers to “listen” to him.

Evidence Casts Doubt on Tara Reade’s Sexual Assault Allegations of Joe Biden

Last edited:
So you make overtures to correlation to completely ignore it yourself. Fox and Friends doesn't shape many other outlets except Fox News, there is certainly no correlation that they cause other networks to run a story or bury it.

In other words, quit the red herring bull****.

The OP whines about the disparate amount of coverage between CryBaby and Biden as though each deserved the same amount of coverage. The OP repeatedly references an unknown entity who apparently claims "no liberal bias".

Countless entities comprise the media. I like using 'Media Bias Rating' service.
No person or family exerts more influence in the media news industry than the Murdoch family. They happen to lean Conservative.

You tell me why CryBaby and Biden deserved equal coverage? I believe the allegations against CryBaby deserved more coverage than the allegations against Biden.

Red herring is a kind of fallacy that is an irrelevant topic introduced in an argument to divert the attention of listeners or readers from the original issue. In literature, this fallacy is often used in detective or suspense novels to mislead readers or characters, or to induce them to make false conclusions.

It's right there in the thread title. Accusers vs accuser. You've got several credible accusers and when he was questioned about it, his head damn near exploded. And he claimed boofing was something other than shoving alcohol up your butt. It was a **** show and deserved plenty of media attention.

On the other hand, you've got one much less credible accusation against Biden, who has already drawn significant media coverage for his creepy behavior, to the point where he addressed it and stopped doing it.

Your conservative victimhood narrative is bogus. The fact that the Republican party doesn't really mind rapey dudes in their ranks is not a fake media narrative. It's just an inconvenient truth for you.

It's right there in the thread title. Accusers vs accuser. You've got several credible accusers and when he was questioned about it, his head damn near exploded. And he claimed boofing was something other than shoving alcohol up your butt. It was a **** show and deserved plenty of media attention.

On the other hand, you've got one much less credible accusation against Biden, who has already drawn significant media coverage for his creepy behavior, to the point where he addressed it and stopped doing it.

Your conservative victimhood narrative is bogus. The fact that the Republican party doesn't really mind rapey dudes in their ranks is not a fake media narrative. It's just an inconvenient truth for you.

Your opinion about the republican party is at best, a cute one. Though wrong, seeing as such people are arrested, tried and sentenced as they should be.

Though when it comes to instances such as this. We have Biden, who is literally a walking meme about groping women without their consent and digging his face so far into their neck. That it looks like he's about to start nibbling their ear.

So with him getting so many passes, after all these years. You're really going to say that it's the Republicans that don't really mind rapey dudes being in their ranks.

Yeah, you can keep that tribalism all to yourself.

The OP whines about the disparate amount of coverage between CryBaby and Biden as though each deserved the same amount of coverage. The OP repeatedly references an unknown entity who apparently claims "no liberal bias".

Countless entities comprise the media. I like using 'Media Bias Rating' service.
No person or family exerts more influence in the media news industry than the Murdoch family. They happen to lean Conservative.

You tell me why CryBaby and Biden deserved equal coverage? I believe the allegations against CryBaby deserved more coverage than the allegations against Biden.

Are you really going to act so childish as to just refer to him as Crybaby?

I doubt you'd hold up to such an assault on your character, any better.

I think the word missing is any significant coverage, not equal coverage.

Red Herring: what the Murdoch's company covers doesn't influence what other media companies cover---your assertion makes no sense logically.

I think the word missing is any significant coverage, not equal coverage.

Red Herring: what the Murdoch's company covers doesn't influence what other media companies cover---your assertion makes no sense logically.

The Deep State Cabal that runs the Evil Liberal Media remains a mystery to me! I hear rumors: Soros, Obama, Bill & Hillary Clinton. Do you know who? Finding out who gives the orders at the top could possibly advance my political career!

Right now I get my marching orders from three people: two shady guys with New York City accents nicknamed Guido and Bubba.... and a woman with a Russian accent who calls herself Natasha.

I am willing to hear the woman out. Biden spent 8 years as VP, and this woman never stepped forward. That alone does not mean she is not telling the truth, but does deserve an answer.
She also praised Biden just a couple of years ago for being a champion for women.

The biggest issue I see is that they are comparing the wrong people. Kavanaugh facing a Senate confirmation hearing is the reason behind the media putting up so many more stories about the accusation against him. Biden is much more honestly compared to Trump. Credibility comes in play here as well.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Are you really going to act so childish as to just refer to him as Crybaby?

I doubt you'd hold up to such an assault on your character, any better.

Under what circumstances do you see me coming under such an assault? Please provide at least one example, preferably
more than one.

Congratulations to Crybaby, his family, his friends and all the rest of you who supported his confirmation to the USSC! Absolutely do not count me among his supporters!

Nearly 700 stories were published by CNN about the accusations against Bret Kavanaugh in the 24 days following Ford's accusations, while CNN just published their first story on Tara Reide's accusations against Joe Biden... But there's no such thing as liberal media bias.

Biden has done 3 interviews on CNN since the allegations were made, but nobody bothered to ask him about the allegations... But there's no such thing as liberal media bias.

Biden has done 7 other TV interviews with other networks and in none of those was Biden asked about the allegations... But there's no such thing as liberal media bias.

LMAO

CNN Finally Covers Sexual Assault Allegations Against Biden, Had Nearly 700 Articles On Kavanaugh Accusations | The Daily Wire

While we're counting how many news stories a network ran on assault allegations, can you let me know how many news stories Fox ran on the 25 sexual assault allegations against our President? Thanks in advance.

She also praised Biden just a couple of years ago for being a champion for women.

The biggest issue I see is that they are comparing the wrong people. Kavanaugh facing a Senate confirmation hearing is the reason behind the media putting up so many more stories about the accusation against him. Biden is much more honestly compared to Trump. Credibility comes in play here as well.

I won't dismiss a woman or man's claim of sexual harassment, and yes when I was active duty I personally was involved in 2 cases of sexual harrasment were the victims were men. But obviously it happens to woman far too often. She is entitled to tell her account, and deserves to be listened to with compassion. But also, the length of time which has elapsed, along with her past statements deserves scrutiny. Unsure on the statue of limitations, civil or criminal, perhaps some one much smarter on legel issues can answer such as TD. Her story is a bit odd, and media scrutiny is deserved.

What is most concerning imo is that the media is shielding Biden since nobody is asking him about the accusations! They know he will give some incoherent rambling so they are throwing him as many softball pitches for him to hit.....

It is embarrassing.

It's not the media shielding him. His handlers will only allow softball interviews. These appearances are curated. We'll have to wait till after the convention, probably, for him to face any real live fire.

I think her claims are dubious at best. and I tire of this sort of nonsense. Kavanaugh was a well known federal judge on the second most important court in the USA. His nomination for that court was national news. For someone to pretend they didn't realize he was being nominated for the Court of Appeals-especially after his work with the controversial and constantly scrutinized (in the media) Clinton impeachment investigation is not worthy of any respect.

So everyone in the country knows who is being nominated for the federal judge seats, so she should have accused Kavanaugh because, well, duh....everyone knew he was nominate for the Court of Appeals! But the Biden accuser, she didn't know he was Vice President of the United States for 8 years, right?

I said at the time and say to this day that I didn't give a rat's ass about the accusations from the 1980s against Kavanaugh. Those were different times, and the only people who know the truth are Kavanaugh and his accusers. There was a ton of media coverage about the Kavanaugh accusations because he was nominated to the SCOTUS and the accusations against him were being analyzed by the people who vote on his ascension to SCOTUS. It was national, front page news because any confirmation to SCOTUS is national front page news.

You don't know this already?

Under what circumstances do you see me coming under such an assault? Please provide at least one example, preferably
more than one.

Congratulations to Crybaby, his family, his friends and all the rest of you who supported his confirmation to the USSC! Absolutely do not count me among his supporters!

Any circumstance. It doesn't take you actually doing anything to be blamed for something that you didn't do.

Then again, you're quickly proving yourself to be of the exact same character, as someone who would easily do something so aberrant.

But yes, keep up with the childish act. If you are ever on the receiving end of such treatment. You'd have only yourself to blame for it.

I won't dismiss a woman or man's claim of sexual harassment, and yes when I was active duty I personally was involved in 2 cases of sexual harrasment were the victims were men. But obviously it happens to woman far too often. She is entitled to tell her account, and deserves to be listened to with compassion. But also, the length of time which has elapsed, along with her past statements deserves scrutiny. Unsure on the statue of limitations, civil or criminal, perhaps some one much smarter on legel issues can answer such as TD. Her story is a bit odd, and media scrutiny is deserved.
I agree. I did not dismiss her claims. My first thought was that she had some credibility. She certainly had some for the story about him touching her back/neck inappropriately as others have said he did this. But looking into her further, what she has said and claims, the changes to the story and her life, how quickly she went from praising/supporting Biden to now claiming she left politics decades ago because of him assaulting her is highly suspicious. As recently as 2017/2018 she was praising him, supported him. That doesnt make any sense for someone who claims she was assaulted by him and even left politics back in the 90s because of him to do. There was no reason for her to support and especially praise Biden for anything if he really assaulted her like she claims and that is why she left politics back then.

Any circumstance. It doesn't take you actually doing anything to be blamed for something that you didn't do.

Then again, you're quickly proving yourself to be of the exact same character, as someone who would easily do something so aberrant.

But yes, keep up with the childish act. If you are ever on the receiving end of such treatment. You'd have only yourself to blame for it.

CryBaby overcame the obstacles, eventually winning Senate confirmation to the USSC via a party line vote. Why do you continue to whine over the process?

What kind of life obstacles did you overcome that led you to empathize so much with CryBaby?

Based on my 63+ years experience, to live requires facing obstacles. Life dings us up! Kick ass in Life before Life kicks you in the ass!

I agree. I did not dismiss her claims. My first thought was that she had some credibility. She certainly had some for the story about him touching her back/neck inappropriately as others have said he did this. But looking into her further, what she has said and claims, the changes to the story and her life, how quickly she went from praising/supporting Biden to now claiming she left politics decades ago because of him assaulting her is highly suspicious. As recently as 2017/2018 she was praising him, supported him. That doesnt make any sense for someone who claims she was assaulted by him and even left politics back in the 90s because of him to do. There was no reason for her to support and especially praise Biden for anything if he really assaulted her like she claims and that is why she left politics back then.

Agree

Most sexual assault victims are not in the habit of praising there attacker, that is very out of the ordinary. As I stated earlier, Biden was VP for 8 years and not a peep on the charge she now levies. It does raise suspicion.

Back
Top Bottom