• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN: Regretful Trump Voters

MovingPictures

WE'LL DO IT LIVE!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

What did these people think they were going to get? He showed you on the campaign what a horrible human being he is, how incompetent he is, and his thirst for unlimited power, but you voted for him anyways to send some misplaced message.

This is like listening to a bunch of arsonists complain about how hot their fire is.

Just shut your mouths and help clean-up the mess you made.

Wait, you need Independents yet they should “shut your mouths and help clean-up the mess you made.”

That is one way to win friends and influence people... did you hear yourself when ranting about the one group you need when dealing with another group you will never appeal to?

No wonder people identify as Independent far more than associating themselves with Democrats or Republicans.

BTW, you just lost every future argument on liberalism being about inclusion.

Wait, you need Independents yet they should “shut your mouths and help clean-up the mess you made.”

That is one way to win friends and influence people... did you hear yourself when ranting about the one group you need when dealing with another group you will never appeal to?

No wonder people identify as Independent far more than associating themselves with Democrats or Republicans.

**** em'.

I don't care if it hurts their widdle fee fees. They are grow ass adults that have been treating our democracy like a beauty contest, and complaining about the results.

**** em'.

I don't care if it hurts their widdle fee fees. They are grow ass adults that have been treating our democracy like a beauty contest, and complaining about the results.

Then the debate is over, you represent the worst of modern liberalism and will do far more damage with your arrogant rant than anything to save the democracy.

Congrats, if Democrats lose it will be because of attitudes much like yours too superior to realize what really moves voters who refuse to identify as Democrat or Republican.

What did these people think they were going to get? He showed you on the campaign what a horrible human being he is, how incompetent he is, and his thirst for unlimited power, but you voted for him anyways to send some misplaced message.

This is like listening to a bunch of arsonists complain about how hot their fire is.

Where did Soros bus them in from?

The choices give were both disgraceful back in 2016. Approximately 60% of America didn't want Trump, 60% didn't want Hillary Clinton. Who won, the candidate who received the most least wanted to lose votes. A decent candidate give by the democrats would have trounced Trump. The Democrat choose not to offer a decent candidate. Almost any other Democrat would have won hands down.

We have whom we have because of the actions, choices, decisions made by both major parties in 2016. Still Hillary could have rather easily if she hadn't been such a lazy candidate. Did you know Hillary let Trump both out work and out campaign her by a huge margin. From 1 Sep 2016 through 8 November 2016, Trump made 116 campaign visits/stops to Hillary's 71. Name me another Democrat who would sit on their fat butt and allow their opponent to both out work and out campaign them by that much? None that I can think of.

The Republicans tried handing the White House to the Democrats on a silver platter when they nominated Trump. The Democrats threw that silver platter right back into the Republicans face by nominating someone as much disliked and not wanted to become their next president as Trump was. Whose fault is that?

My advice, next time nominate a candidate who has the fire in the belly to get out there and campaign. A candidate who can inspire and energize her supporters, one who doesn't run a ho hum campaign. One who is willing to work at getting elected.

Agreed. Trump voters are like somebody who bought a sack of manure for the garden and then complain about the reek.

I listened to the video.

If I could, I would shake the hands of all five of them. They get it. They're detoxing or detoxed. They understand tRump's wanna-be dictatorship. Cozying up to Putin. Embarrassment for this nation.

The one suggestion I would offer them is to participate in the 2020 Democratic primary. It's going to be an open field for one person who could become our next President, and I want moderate voices such as those to participate in the process just as much as I want progressives to. A vote is a vote is a vote.

I'm not sure how carefully those five were selected, but their opinions are not to be taken lightly by either

Then the debate is over, you represent the worst of modern liberalism and will do far more damage with your arrogant rant than anything to save the democracy.

Congrats, if Democrats lose it will be because of attitudes much like yours too superior to realize what really moves voters who refuse to identify as Democrat or Republican.
It's called honesty and truth, try it sometime.

If people let opinions like mine hurt their widdle feeling so much that they vote the other way just to spite me, then they only further prove my point about how small minded and unfit they are to vote in the first place.

They want people like me to take them seriously and care what they say? They can start by cleaning up the mess they made.

It's called honesty and truth, try it sometime.

If people let opinions like mine hurt their widdle feeling so much that they vote the other way just to spite me, then they only further prove my point about how small minded and unfit they are to vote in the first place.

They want people like me to take them seriously and care what they say? They can start by cleaning up the mess they made.

It is neither honesty or truth, it is arrogant ranting doing nothing to advance your position.

I did not vote for Trump, but we have the numbers to show plenty of Independents did. And for those that are unhappy with the results there is an alternative they should be encouraged to support. We should be reaching out, appealing for change.

But hell no, that is too honest for you... so you appeal to hate filled rhetoric.

Enjoy being worthless to the real democratic process, and finding yourself to be the very poster boy for why discourse in this nation is dead.

I didn't have any idea how incompetent he was.

I was surprised by how bad he turned out to be.

I knew he was a horrible person, but a horrible person can still have areas of competency, and I was surprised by what a total buffoon he turned out to be in all aspects, not just as a campaign facade. (In addition to such surprisingly rotten things as recognizing that GOP legislation was "mean" but threatening members of Congress if they refused to pass it. I didn't think anyone could be THAT terrible.)

Last edited:
Is this like the #WalkAway movement? Russian Bots, or just another CNN "stacked" panel of Independent voters who "allegedly" voted for Trump? :unsure13:

Actually, since I believe that the people who have walked away from the Democrats are real people and NOT "Russian bots," I can accept there are citizens who honestly regret voting for Trump. :shrug:

Strangely defensive. He was referring to people who voted for Trump to give liberals the finger, and who are now regretting their vote because they don't like Trump.

And I'm also rather tired of that idiotic angle about liberals. So-called "liberals" have no more duty to embrace people who voted for Trump in order to give them the finger than they have to tolerate intolerance.

It is neither honesty or truth, it is arrogant ranting doing nothing to advance your position.

I did not vote for Trump, but we have the numbers to show plenty of Independents did. And for those that are unhappy with the results there is an alternative they should be encouraged to support. We should be reaching out, appealing for change.

But hell no, that is too honest for you... so you appeal to hate filled rhetoric.

Enjoy being worthless to the real democratic process, and finding yourself to be the very poster boy for why discourse in this nation is dead.
It most is certainly the truth.

What did these people think Trump would be? The next MLK? On the campaign he was an abusive, cruel, power hungry incompetent, and now they're complaining that once he got into office he was a ... abusive, cruel, power hungry incompetent. :shrug:

You get what you vote for.

Strangely defensive. He was referring to people who voted for Trump to give liberals the finger, and who are now regretting their vote because they don't like Trump.

And I'm also rather tired of that idiotic angle about liberals. So-called "liberals" have no more duty to embrace people who voted for Trump in order to give them the finger than they have to tolerate intolerance.

But that is not what the OP did, and I think you know that.

What did these people think Trump would be? The next MLK? On the campaign he was an abusive, cruel, power hungry incompetent, and now they're complaining that once he got into office he was a ... abusive, cruel, power hungry incompetent. :shrug:

What matters more than what they thought then is what they are thinking now, and they have the right to look elsewhere when disappointed with their choice.

The difference between you and I is I see opportunity for them to see things a different way, all you see is a chance to be an arrogant fool about what Independents mean to *every* election for President. I see a chance for inclusion to change, you see a chance to feed your ego.

But that is not what the OP did, and I think you know that.

It absolutely is what he did. OP:

<video snipped>

^
Criticizing their motives ("send some misplaced message"), criticized the candidate (middle bit), and criticized their foresight (beginning).

^
Colorful metaphor. Perhaps he could have said "this is like listening to someone who set a shotgun trap in their barn complain that a ten year old that broke in was blasted to death" and it'd have been a little more accurate, but whatever.

What's wrong with the sentiment? If someone did vote for Trump to stick it to the libs or give a big **** you to government in general, they have no place complaining that Trump is being Trump.

^
Expressing the perfectly reasonable sentiment that if someone did vote for Trump to give liberals the finger (or, ok, give government the finger), they really have no standing to stamp their feet and complain about Trump. Instead they should be doing everything they can to remedy their error in judgment.

What's so offensive about all that?

Ah, well if CNN says it then it must be true. :lamo

If anyone but the most hardcore Democrats watched CNN this actually might change one vote. Maybe.

He had human moments on the campaign trail. He was the Republican who wouldn't threaten Medicare, the one who didn't want people dying in the streets, the one supported even better health coverage than Obamacare gave.

I didn't have a clue about the extent of his detachment from reality, or how he would be driven by petty and paranoid voices in his head.

It absolutely is what he did. OP:

^
Criticizing their motives ("send some misplaced message"), criticized the candidate (middle bit), and criticized their foresight (beginning).

Colorful metaphor. Perhaps he could have said "this is like listening to someone who set a shotgun trap in their barn complain that a ten year old that broke in was blasted to death" and it'd have been a little more accurate, but whatever.

^
Expressing the perfectly reasonable sentiment that if someone did vote for Trump to give liberals the finger (or, ok, give government the finger), they really have no standing to stamp their feet and complain about Trump. Instead they should be doing everything they can to remedy their error in judgment.

What's so offensive about all that?

Enjoy joining the OP in the crowd intending to make matters worse when looking for voters.

I am watching the video now, and like them, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump tried to suspend elections for some reason either. It seems completely in character for him. If he could make himself president for life, he probably thinks it would make him a great historical leader and prove to himself his own success.

I am not saying it is definitely going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tried. I also wouldn't be surprised if Fox News played into the propaganda and the political arguments to suspend elections for our "safety" and to "protect America for it's enemies," etc. I really think we have reached that low of a bar in American history.

Back
Top Bottom